Photo

Bears take em out big red for the day and the week

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
158 replies to this topic

#46 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

Read It and Weep- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Friday, October 30, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The Fed’s balance sheet made a giant sucking sound this week as the Fed added little in the way of new securities holdings and alphabet soup programs continued to contract. This week that contraction was huge. The Fed’s shrinking balance sheet was mimicked by the stock market, as Ben’s Pawn and Loan put the Primary Dealers on a reduced allowance. The timing could not have been worse, with the Treasury clubbing the market with a big wad of supply. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#47 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

Mr. Widget EOD. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of not being able to pick up on full Cueing Up or Down since it appears the pigmen are accustomed to doing it just after the end of day.

I did get a phone message though. It said, "The pigmen have spoken."

I have to "expect" that if the red oscillator Cue's Down early Monday then all three will be in Sink even though there is a tad of braking action going on.

Crash for Klunkers at 1020

strongly suggest that you give greater weight to new Mr. Widget. It's fine tuned to a higher level.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#48 I'm Sorry Dave

I'm Sorry Dave

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

done coxe latest - up for a couple of hours
http://events.online...09/frameset.php

Don Coxe spends half of this week's broadcast talking about why while the American banks are falling apart, the Canadian banks are doing just fine. He gives the standard argument about more conservative practices. Doc, I believe you're not so sure about that?

#49 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

The best symbol of the $787 billion federal stimulus program turns out not to be of a construction worker in a hard hat, but rather of a classroom teacher saved from a layoff.

Preliminary data showed that of the 640,239 jobs created or saved, 325,000, or more than half, were jobs in education that public school districts claimed were saved when stimulus money averted the need for layoffs.

While the stimulus was initially sold in large part as a public works program, only about 80,000 of the jobs that were claimed Friday were in construction.

The stimulus created or saved more than 100,000 jobs in California, more than half of which were the jobs of teachers, professors and school adminasstraders.

----------------------------------------------------
just wasting our money prolonging the inevitable, like extending unemployment benefits again and again....eventually we must begin the desperate clumsy knife fights in dark filthy WalMart break rooms over expired dented cans of GreatValue stewed prunes; the sooner the better

Attached Images

• laughing_teacher_iyf8.jpg

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#50 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

strongly suggest that you give greater weight to new Mr. Widget. It's fine tuned to a higher level.

I know, I know....but,but I'm physically and mentally disabled by all those colored bars overlaying the oscillators.
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#51 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

Since the start of the recession in December 2007, the number of unemployed persons has increased by 7.6 million to 15.1 million, and the unemployment rate has doubled to 9.8 percent.

Nonfarm payroll employment continued to decline in September (-263,000). The largest job losses were in construction, manufacturing, retail trade, and government.

Among the unemployed, the number of job losers and persons who completed
temporary jobs rose by 603,000 to 10.4 million in September.

The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) rose by 450,000
to 5.4 million.

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#52 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

trans,xau, russel, small caps showing the most hurt

Attached Thumbnails

• 30OctIDX.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#53 BusKow

BusKow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

just like to update this every so often...

Attached Thumbnails

• 30OctTripYld.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#54 flockofsheeples

flockofsheeples

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

Must be Friday...Feds to seize LA bank in 4th biggest failure: report http://news.yahoo.co...nm/us_usbancorp
I don't know why they call it hamburger helper...it seems to do just fine on its own-Uncle Eddie, "Family Vacation"

#55 BusKow

BusKow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

well call me Emily Latella, BUTT...
anybody notice today's gold report link wasn't working, or did that happen after you all read it?

#56 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

I've been waiting for you to post. :lol:

Attached Images

• CatI__mSorryDaveJPEG.jpg

Of course I'm caustic!

#57 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

I think we know what costume Doc's going to wear for Trick or Treating.

Attached Images

• BearDogInCostumeJPEG.jpg

Of course I'm caustic!

#58 Direwolf

Direwolf

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image

waiting now for waterfall action...surfs up

#59 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

But Jimi, T-bills are payin' ya .04%, aren't they signaling imminent rampant inflation?

Looks pretty scary on a log chart, eh?

Just yer ordinary run of the mill business cycle downturn.....

KW, thanks for the great charts. :D

#60 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

Great panel today

Phats....

...with the "kill shot"

OMFGTITFFTE

.......BWAHAHAHHAHHA

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart