Photo

Bears get weak end a day early

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#16 Ags Nightmare

Ags Nightmare

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

You can always tell when the braying jackasses on crapvision are caught on the wrong side of tape when every single one of them start saying buy Clorox, P&G and J&J,,,,,

Tomorrows gonna have a lot of motion....jobs then manufacturing a half hour after the open. Two potential catalysts to ream some bears. Have one short position open and closed out the two put plays. I'm looking to dong the SPY at 1020ish as someone else mentioned.

I that fails............

One thing that smells worse then PT1's feet was the Squid's downgrade of the jobs number from -200k to -250k half way through the day today.......I've become so cynical following this freak show for so long, there has to be some motive for the Corleone Family to pitch this to cnbs and I don't think it's to screw bulls.

After the the bull's work off some silliness, back to shorting. 10,000 may very well be the electric dog fence.
"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it"....."When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother"....'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.'- Rodney Dangerfield

My Blog

#17 briarberrys

briarberrys

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

The consumer needs more bailouts...

Consumer spending spiked on cash-for-clunkers auto purchases as personal consumption expenditures surged 1.3 percent in August, following a 0.3 percent rise in July.
September domestic-made sales came in at a 6.7 million annual rate vs. August's stimulus-boosted 10.1 million

GM + Chrysler in trouble again ?

Ford was first off the mark, reporting its U.S. auto sales for September dropped 5.1% to 114,655 vehicles from 116,734 a year ago
GM U.S. Sept. sales drop 45% to 156,673 vehicles
Chrysler U.S. Sept. sales drop 42.1% to 62,197

#18 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

/6E Euro looks to be on the edge. I am short from 1.4631 and holding but may bail if we don't break 1.45 tonight or tomorrow.

Posted Image
Cynically optimistic

#19 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

OEX only 2 points away from taking out September candle body, after making perfect tag of conjunction of 20 and 200 month MAs.....

#20 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

I tink da boyz is shawt.

Radio Free Wall Street 10/1/09

Lee Adler and Russ Winter discuss the criminal conspiracy, market distortion, and whether the conspirators are ready to take it down, along with the usual scathing criticism of the mainstream financial media and pundits. You won’t want to miss this one. Sparks fly.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free excerpt.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

Posted Image Radio Free Wall Street Podcast 10/0109 [40:06m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (5)
Subscribers, click player to start.

Listen to any podcast prior to April 22, 2009. Click here for archive. Be surprised!

This chart is discussed in today’s podcast.

Posted Image

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#21 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

BDI suggests crude may have a struggle on this backtest of 70 and start tankin' hard....need to play a little catchup...

#22 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

Someone the other day asked me to bring back my "Angry Baby" avatar

I said, NO NO NO, because it might cause the market to crash

Now we can see that even the mention of the Angry Baby avatar can do serious damage

Fear the Angry Baby

OOO-FAA

3_angrybaby_300x250.gif

#23 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

My stuff showing today is a trend change day..."short the bounces" is in effect here until further notice.....

Bouncing_ball_strobe_edit.jpg
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#24 Dharmaeye

Dharmaeye

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

Business, Poker & Trading

by admin on October 1, 2009
in Essays/Reports/Articles

Share Your Thoughts

Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com, is writing a book titled: Everything I Know About Business I Learned From Poker. Here are some of his notes in bullet-point form with my own trading-related comments thrown in. …

EVALUATING MARKET OPPORTUNITIES

• Table selection is the most important decision you can make.

I could not agree more. There are many ways to trade. The key is to find something that jives with your personality, focus on it, get good at it and do it over and over. This takes a bit of experimenting, and is without a doubt the first major decision you as a trader need to make. What trading table will I sit at?

http://leavittbrothe...om/blog/?p=1955

#25 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Still looking for a day where the market tanks AND treasuries and the dollar tanks, while commodities go up. That's when we know that OUR party has resumed. And resume it will, but when?....

I still think bonds might rally to the moon before their decent to hell.....
TNX in the mid to low 2's again?Even 1's not out of the question if it gets REAL ugly for the markets....Or I might be wayyyyy off base.

Still think it's early to short treasuries :unsure: :ninja: BWTFDIK???

FWIW I think corporate paper and junk bonds have topped :unsure:

Nothing

#26 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

The only way that Treasury yields will drop into the 2s would be to get the stock market to crash.

I would not put it past them.

Disparate times call for disparate measures.

And desperate times, too.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#27 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

"The only way that Treasury yields will drop into the 2s would be to get the stock market to crash.

Disparate times call for disparate measures. "

Technically,were only 20 bp away from "the 2's" :lol:

But low 2's would take some work.....

Nothing

#28 capitall

capitall

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

The only way that Treasury yields will drop into the 2s would be to get the stock market to crash.

Disparate times call for disparate measures.

And desperate times, too.

Yeah, when Ron Paul and the idea of ending the Fed start getting a lot of attention, Da Boyz sure have ways of distracting people's attention. U might think that a big market decline would make people become more enamored of the idea of ending the Fed. However, the most powerful ways of influencing people are methods where the propagandist does not have to worry about folks drawing logical conclusions. Because the most powerful methods consist of getting folks so emotionally upset that the logical part of their brain is turned to the off position, while fear or rage runs wild. The folks who had dreams of turning their 201K's back into 401K's in the near future are going to be pretty distressed if this keeps going on.

#29 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

Meanwhile....

Only 2 down days for the muni market in 2 months.Today another strong day.

Attached Images

• xxxxxx.png

Nothing

#30 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

You might have a very long wait for YOUR party. I'm gonna party real soon though.

Eating Philly cheese steak?
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart