Photo

Wild Gyrations Wednesday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

Apparently the good doctor is away...

#2 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

What the hell has happened to our country?

http://news.yahoo.co...r_backlash_mich

IRVING TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Each day before the school bus comes to pick up the neighborhood's children, Lisa Snyder did a favor for three of her fellow moms, welcoming their children into her home for about an hour before they left for school.

Regulators who oversee child care, however, don't see it as charity. Days after the start of the new school year, Snyder received a letter from the Michigan Department of Human Services warning her that if she continued, she'd be violating a law aimed at the operators of unlicensed day care centers.

#3 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

If today's low holds tomorrow, then we may have one last ramp into early next month...if it fails, the long awaited pullback may be underway.

Sept 17th Bat Signal still looking good at this point.....

#4 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

Sorry, I was busy and just as I posted this the site went down.

Case Chiller �" False, Phony, and Fictitious

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, September 30, 2009, in Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit I made a little chart yesterday for a free podcast that I didn’t have time to post over on Radio Free Wall Street. I’m discovering that it’s a lot quicker to type a post than it is to talk about an issue for a few minutes and then produce a decent sounding podcast.

But that’s neither here nor there. What’s here is the little chart and the point is that the Case Shiller Index (CSI for your real estate crime fans) is way behind the curve.

Posted ImageClick here to enlarge

Now let me tell you why I think that’s the Case.

(Continued)

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#5 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

What the hell has happened to our country?

http://news.yahoo.co...r_backlash_mich

IRVING TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Each day before the school bus comes to pick up the neighborhood's children, Lisa Snyder did a favor for three of her fellow moms, welcoming their children into her home for about an hour before they left for school.

Regulators who oversee child care, however, don't see it as charity. Days after the start of the new school year, Snyder received a letter from the Michigan Department of Human Services warning her that if she continued, she'd be violating a law aimed at the operators of unlicensed day care centers.

It's worth noting that for the DHS to have sent that warning, it probably means someone reported her.

Someone who thought ratting her out was actually making a positive contribution to society.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#6 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

If today's low holds tomorrow, then we may have one last ramp into early next month...if it fails, the long awaited pullback may be underway.

Nice to see that 900 rolling...
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

#7 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Nice to see that 900 rolling...

Attached Images

• EngrishBearCreepJPEG.jpg

Of course I'm caustic!

#8 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

Think my favorite is still "put the dissatisfied foot in the toilet"...
Quod Severis Metes

#9 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Dr Copper at pivotal area again.

A case could made for massive top already in place, and the first down side target hit and bounced as expected...

Now we decide whether aim is gonna be taken on 200 day, or the rally continues....

Mutli-timeframe look....

#10 Jorma

Jorma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

This sculpture, part of Chen Wenling's solo exhibition "Emergency Escape" at Joy Art Gallery in Beijing, represents the global financial crisis: The bull, of course, represents Wall Street, and the demon-man pressed to the wall is Bernie Madoff.

The title of the piece is 'What you see may not be real'

Attached Thumbnails

• bull_blastoff.jpg

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

#11 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Ah yes, the perverbial BAT SIGNAL...

bat_signal2.jpg
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#12 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

It's worth noting that for the DHS to have sent that warning, it probably means someone reported her.

Someone who thought ratting her out was actually making a positive contribution to society.

As far as I could tell from reading the article, or the more detailed one below, there were no implications of any wrong doing, other than not registering with the police state officials for doing a favor for her neighbors.

http://www.msnbc.msn...ing_and_family/

And how about this....

Snyder also asked if the kids could come to her house for playdates. She was told that if the children’s parents were at home during the playtime it was OK, but if they dropped the kids off to play and then went to the store or out to dinner, it was no longer a playdate — it was day care.

Are you friggin kidding me? Seriously, you gotta be joking right? Not these clowns...

The fact that you have to change the law to get people to act with common sense pretty much says it all....

And Calley is working to rewrite the law to allow people who aren’t paid to look after friends’ children.

The law itself is taken way out of context. It’s meant to regulate the business of providing day care services. It’s not meant to apply to friends helping friends in this way,” Calley said. “What I’d like to do is clarify the law and take away the ability of the department to apply in this way.”

#13 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

If you know of a worthy blog or message board that might be interested in that article, please feel free to post the link.

I need all the help I can get. :P

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#14 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

Gold with some resistance here at 1010 area....if it gets thru, prolly off to da races....if it fails, could see move towards 980 fairly quickly....

#15 rdkyote

rdkyote

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

Found myself hate trading the 30-year bond futures today. Why do I get the feeling that short is going to get blown out??? :unsure:

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart