Market Crashes Nearly 1/2%

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope everyone had a great weak end!!

I got my new macbook pro 13" today, so i am planning on hadding a great weakend. Never touched one before. Software Engineer, go figure. It's built like a masonry Latrine. Solid State HD even. The small one anyway.

Almost forgot, had a 6 level cervical fusion 2.5 weeks ago. Won't forget that experience soon!

I got my new macbook pro 13" today, so i am planning on hadding a great weakend. Never touched one before. Software Engineer, go figure. It's built like a masonry Latrine. Solid State HD even. The small one anyway.

Almost forgot, had a 6 level cervical fusion 2.5 weeks ago. Won't forget that experience soon!

I have one.

About a month ago, I accidentally dropped it from the kitchen counter onto a hardtile floor. The hinge mechanism is a little stiffer, but that's it. Very happy with it.

My friend has one, too. Travels with it - has beaten it all to hell. Still works.

U.S. regulators said total losses from large loans at banks and other financial institutions nearly tripled to $53 trillion in 2009, due to a deteriorating economic environment and continued weak underwriting standards.

According to an anal reamport released by the four federal bankster-regulatory agencies on Thursday, credit quality deteriorated to record levels this year.

"While we expected a year-over-year increase in problem assets, given the weak economic environment, declining conmercial ream estate values, and previously weak underwriting, we were surprised by the magnitude of the increase," wrote FBR Capital Markets analcyst Scott Valentin in a reamsearch note to clients Friday.

The real economy still running slow...

Japan?€™s exports abroad dropped 36 percent from a year earlier compared with a 36.5 percent decline in July

US Durable Goods Orders - New Orders - Yr/Yr Change -20.2 % (was -22.8% last month)

Industrial orders in the EU rose 1.6% MoM, but fell 24.9% YoY

Taiwan, Industrial Production, August: -9.6% (year over year)

OK, it's a long story, but the original plan was that a promoter was to have Lynyrd Skynyrd in town this evening and I was going to be there. Poor ticket sales caused a cancellation but with the miracle of the internet we're going to be there even though ...

well, things just couldn't be the same......

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_8xivRTsY.swf

OK, it's a long story, but the original plan was that a promoter was to have Lynyrd Skynyrd in town this evening and I was going to be there. Poor ticket sales caused a cancellation but with the miracle of the internet we're going to be there even though ...

well, things just couldn't be the same......

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_8xivRTsY.swf

Great song that owes some of its fame to its use for DJ bathroom breaks.

Great song that owes some of its fame to its use for DJ bathroom breaks.

Do you have anything you'd like to share with the group there, Dharma?

I once heard a story of a nightshift DJ that got to know a listener pretty well and one night he got a call from this partiucular fan and she invited him to come on over for a 'special request'. He put the longest song he had on the turntable a went into the night. The radio station played about 2 hours of the end-of-record

click.....

click....

click....

click...

and no one ever noticed....

Bank Death Slog

Georgian Bank, Atlanta, Georgia, was closed today by the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, which appointed the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) as receiver.

As of July 24, 2009, Georgian Bank had total assets of $2 billion and total deposits of approximately $2 billion. In addition to assuming all of the deposits of the failed bank, First Citizens Bank agreed to purchase essentially all of the assets.

The FDIC and First Citizens Bank entered into a loss-share transaction on approximately $2 billion of Georgian Bank's assets. First Citizens Bank will share in the losses on the asset pools covered under the loss-share agreement.

The FDIC estimates that the cost to the Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) will be $892 million.

FDIC

Gee, the assets and deposits are equal, whatz the prob?

Archived