Photo

Market Crashes!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#16 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

I will talk a little about this in tonight's Radio Free Wall Street podcast now uploading.

http://img183.images...8527/jshots.png

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#17 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

possible H&S:

nqz9.JPG
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#18 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

Widget sez - restest or die...

Posted Image

Here's a different perspective. If the red and blue oscillators turn up from around the zero line, we go up large again.
Posted Image

I just love this jshot thing.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#19 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

How would the mechanics of a default occur; wouldn't people on the other side of the transaction only take something physical like gold (or whiskey, food, etc..), which would crash the prices of everything in dollars? In other words, if I had something for sale, I would pull my asking price in dollars and not take dollars at any price if I couldn't do anything with them

I need to think more about this... is it possible to compare anything historically to get an idea?

I'd imagine once US default became a real enough possibility in the minds of enough interested parties, it wouldn't take long before there were no one to take the other side of the transaction.

It would be disorderly, nonlinear, and disruptive in the extreme.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#20 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'd imagine once US default became a real enough possibility in the minds of enough interested parties, it wouldn't take long before there were no one to take the other side of the transaction.

It would be disorderly, nonlinear, and disruptive in the extreme.

no need to default, all the U.S. owes is "dollars", which can be printed for free in maSS quantities
so U.S. has no problem
let's print a few Trillion more tonight!
it's all free baby
it's all good

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#21 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

Philly, PA gov't jacks taxpayers to cover public salaries, benefits and pensions

The bill authorizes the city to increase its sales tax from 7 percent to 8 percent for five years and stretch out its pension contributions to generate $700 million to balance its budget.

Organized labor groups leaders joined House Democratic leaders at a news conference celebrating the bill's passage.

The Senate voted 32-17 to approve the bill one day before layoff notices were to be sent to nearly 3,000 employees of Pennsylvania's largest city, including more than 850 police officers and firefighters.

City police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said, "I don't even want to think about what would have happened, had this not gone through." :rolleyes:

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#22 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

Radio Free Wall Street 9/17/09

Lee Adler, Aaron Krowne, and Russ Winter discuss the barbell trade, and why it will lead to no good end. Lee Adler discusses how Fed and Treasury actions are likely to impact the market. The unemployment data isn’t as bad as it sounds. It’s worse.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free preview.

Listen to any podcast prior to April 22, 2009. Click here for archive. Be surprised!

Listen to the July 17, 2009 podcast in its entirety for free.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

Posted Image Radio Free Wall Street Podcast 9/17/09 [37:29m]: Hide Player | Play in Popup | Download
Subscribers, click player to start.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

[snip]How would the mechanics of a default occur;
[snip]
... is it possible to compare anything historically to get an idea?

"These models ... suggest that a currency crisis is brought on by a combination of high debt, low foreign reserves, falling government revenue, increasing expectations of devaluation, and domestic borrowing constraints."

St Louis Fed (Abbigail J. Chiodo is a senior research associate and Michael T. Owyang
is an economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.) Paper
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#24 quanta

quanta

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

I just love this jshot thing.

If you like JShot, then you might also like FastStone Image Viewer

Very powerful image viewer/editor/archiverr.

Also for video: VLC
Plays just about anything you can throw at it.
And can broadcast it over your LAN.

The free /no-adware software list just goes on and on...
Don't look too close...
The current Weatha
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. Johann von Neumann
We're all frinkin' doomed The Mogambo Guru
In the long run, we're all dead John Maynard Keynes
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal Emma Goldman
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana G. Marx

#25 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Well, down 3 sure feels like a crash. Everything is relative.

You sound like shorty. You feeling ok this evening?
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#26 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:02 PM

NATTYGASSY.jpg

#27 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Sy Harding Says

"Weekly patterns:
This is the week of this quarter’s quadruple-witching expirations (which take place tomorrow). The historical pattern is that when options expirations weeks are positive, the following week is frequently negative, giving back the gains." http://syhardingblog.com/new/
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#28 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

beans.jpg

#29 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

looking back a year for potential Bucky bottom

Attached Thumbnails

• 17SptDXY0.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#30 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

Market Update – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, September 17, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart