Photo

We Don't Need No Green Shoots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

Mmmm. I don't think that's right. The $200 billion SFP funds on deposit at the Fed are borrowed short term. If they don't pay it back, they have to keep rolling it over. Only if they pay it back would there be no Treasury auctions for a brief time, but the revenue shortfall continues to grow, so it would only be a month or so before they would have to start borrowing heavily again. By telling everyone that they are not going to pay off the TARP, they are, in effect saying flat out that there will be no respite from the debt deluge.

That's my initial reaction.

Regardless, there is no respite from the debt deluge, right? Debt on top of debt.

TARP funds will never fully be repaid?
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#32 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

b-wave scenario. If not a b-wave, then something else. :lol:

possibre alternate scenario:

Attached Thumbnails

• tcrash.png

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#33 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

Ha, I really like that one and the potty is very fitting. Hope the alternate is the one! :lol:

And I think I know what SOL stands for.....
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#34 Goldmember

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#35 Goldmember

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Actually, Shorty's chart may well be the finest bit of clairvoyance I've seen. That's exactly my opex target...maybe even a little lower! :unsure:

:o :o :o
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#36 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

Tonight's CNBC One Year Financial Melt-Down Anniverary Bukakee Party

LOL
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#37 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

Actually, Shorty's chart may well be the finest bit of clairvoyance I've seen. That's exactly my opex target...maybe even a little lower! :unsure:

:o :o :o

You can see the little wedge. It's a matter of what it does after it falls out of it. Gonna be interesting. Hope your opex target get's hit!

#38 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

Starting to think we have a shot at a tradeable top this week. Also could imagine 1100 by expiry. Or both.

I've been rabbiting on more than usual about astro stuff lately, but this week contains an absolute welter of potential reversal signatures.

All we need now to round things out is some Car People.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#39 Goldmember

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:16 PM

What was that term Doc used to have for the big whipsaw?

...oh ya...it was whopsaw!

Inside out day tomorrow!

#40 Jorma

Jorma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

Mmmm. I don't think that's right. The $200 billion SFP funds on deposit at the Fed are borrowed short term. If they don't pay it back, they have to keep rolling it over. Only if they pay it back would there be no Treasury auctions for a brief time, but the revenue shortfall continues to grow, so it would only be a month or so before they would have to start borrowing heavily again. By telling everyone that they are not going to pay off the TARP, they are, in effect saying flat out that there will be no respite from the debt deluge.

That's my initial reaction.

Guess your right to the extent that so much Treasury debt is crammed into the short end. If you can allocate what borrowed dollar goes where, as in these 90 day bills are funding SFP I don't know.

Some Treasury flack said in hearings maybe 6 weeks ago there was $300 something billion in unused TARP money. The SFP acronym escapes me. The difference between 200 and 300 billion is pretty significant. That was only half my point however. Forgetting what the deficit impact is there is still the politically impossible fact that Geithner is sitting on a slush fund that he can do anything with. Anything. They are saying for if there is another problem. Do they have a particular problem in mind right now? Probably several. If there are 200 hundred billion sitting around somebody has their eye on it.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#41 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

Shorty, I think they wanted to shut Washington down this past weekend. Ya think maybe bernanke might shut the stock market spikot tomorrow?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#42 alceringa

alceringa

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

If the Treasury says it has the right to keep the money that doesn't mean congress can't pass a law and take it back.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it is not MONEY.

It's DEBT that hasn't yet been issued.

DEBT is not MONEY.
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
Churchill

"You can fool some of the people all of the time."
Lincoln

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Jefferson

#43 alceringa

alceringa

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:20 AM

Instead of having 5000 economists on staff what the Fed needs is 5000 anthropologists, clinical psychologists, and historians.

Criminologists.

Don't forget the Criminologists.

And everyone of them should have a stable of FBI trained forensic accountants.
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
Churchill

"You can fool some of the people all of the time."
Lincoln

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Jefferson

#44 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it is not MONEY.

It's DEBT that hasn't yet been issued.

DEBT is not MONEY.

In a sense, but in our current monetary system, all money comes from debt.

#45 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:18 AM

Criminologists.

Don't forget the Criminologists.

And everyone of them should have a stable of FBI trained forensic accountants.

What the fed needs, really, is a funeral. Just bury the coffin and get it over with - we don't need no stinkin fed.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart