Photo

Ignoring Stop Signs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

That's what bull markets do. Kind of like drunk drivers.

They just keep blasting through the indicator sell signals.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 mdporter

mdporter

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

It's all good, saw this on cnn/money's website:

Attached Thumbnails

• market_back_to_normal.gif

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#3 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

Bought some UNG today on this macd setup:

Attached Thumbnails

• sc_463.png

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#4 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

I still feel like a douche for not buying when Obama announced that it was a good time to buy stocks. Good God man what an obvious signal he put out there. Vast fortunes missed out on.

Just like March 2003.

#5 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

I still feel like a douche for not buying when Obama announced that it was a good time to buy stocks. Good God man what an obvious signal he put out there. Vast fortunes missed out on.

Just like March 2003.

MD,

I think you are in good company with that bad call (on this site)... :rolleyes: I remember byhiselo got it right....hard to be a bull on a bear site.....There will be better "buy points".....

bear_on_ice.jpg
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#6 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

...and today gave us the wee throwover I wanted so the item on the chart below gets hit.

...and it was indeed hit!

Attached Thumbnails

• QQQQ_Powershank_Trust_Sept_10_09.png

Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#7 Peek Paper

Peek Paper

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

Bought some UNG today on this macd setup:

Motleyfool and even my village idiot neighbor were trashing UNG big time a week ago. I bought some at $9 and sold 1/2 today. If you look at the mass media "news" on UNG over the past month, the set-up was obvious.

FCG is my nat gas trade-of-choice. Don't own any at the moment.
The deeper you dig into a pile of dung, the worse it smells ...

#8 TenaciousG

TenaciousG

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

My theme song..... Silverchair - Abuse Me

Cynically optimistic

#9 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

...and today gave us the wee throwover I wanted so the item on the chart below gets hit.

...and it was indeed hit!

Sure would love to see that gap at 36 closed over the next month or so.... :)
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#10 Goldmember

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

Sure would love to see that gap at 36 closed over the next month or so.... :)

I'm thinking we have a 2 to 3 week window for that. Closing that gap may well be a realistic target area, allowing lots of gyrations along the way.
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#11 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

I am expecting the markets to top out over the next day or two max and then turn down .... :unsure: Here's what I'm looking at...

nymo_2009.png

#12 Goldmember

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

I left a whole lot of cash on the table with UNG. I nailed the exact low and booked my profits far too early. Since they were extremely risky front month options I felt prudence was more important than greed. I can't complain, really. Today I rolled the profits into QQQQ puts, also front month Septembers. They expire next Friday. The risk/reward ratio is...extreme to say the least... :unsure: :lol: :o

#13 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

My theme song..... Silverchair - Abuse Me

<embed src="http://www.youtube.c...f0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Ok Doc I give up - what is the syntax for inserting an embedded video via Inserting Special Item?

Start with ADD REPLY (not FAST REPLY). In the Quick Access menu at left click Insert Flash Movie, and follow the directions. The content text should look like this when you are done.
http://www.youtube.com/v/o_s5QWVwTf0.swf
425.344 works fine for the Option Text.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#14 Goldmember

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Is there any newz noize of note for tomorrow morning? :unsure:

#15 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Just like March 2003.

Especially when the UST is backing the market. The SM is the economy. <_<

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart