Extra Cash, This Week Only

I am underwhelmed with the Obama administration as a political operation.

He should have taken up financial services reform in the first year. Said, "Look, my fellow Americans. We bailed these pricks out, and now, we're putting back together some of the rules that limited their idiocy for 60 years. If we can't expose ourselves to 'too big to fail,' then we have to start dismantling the largest firms which remain too big and have only gotten bigger. Today. Starting with Goldman Sachs."

He would have enjoyed an enormous political victory - Americans would have rallied in favor around practically any proposal. Could have rolled that success into something more modest and likely to pass on health care.

Instead, he opened a can of worms that motivated only his opponents. Got caught totally flatfoote. Weak. In my estimation, he's lost the health care debate. The democrats will pass something, but it will be a face-saving bill of little meaning to those who care about health care policy.

Which I admittedly don't, beyond hating fat obese mallcows in Ohio.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I must admit that I am underwhelmed also. However, to be fair to him, there is a huge problem with any legislation he might try to propose that would cause a problem for Special Interests like big banks, health insurance companies etc. He can't pass legislation without getting it through Congress. Congress-- you know that group of people whose re-election campaigns are financed almost entirely by Special Interests like big banks and health insurance companies. Until we get campaign finance reform that makes it illegal for Special Interests to bribe Congress the way they routinely do now, the Special Interests groups will continue to have their own lobbyists write the legislation that is supposed to be regulating their industries. That has been happening for a long time now, and I sure would love to see it end.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roubini is an economist.

Shiller is an economist.

Shilling is an economist.

Seems silly to condemn the entire profession.

And I say that not just because my wife is an economist, so technically, I'm in bed with them....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Huffington piece did a good job of showing how most of the egonomics establishment is on the take. The exceptions above are duly noted, but they do not disprove the rule. I do find the names Shiller and Shilling somewhat ironic, however.

And indeed, they are.

Weight of the World On Bears’ Shoulders – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, September 9, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit As the averages test the highs, major channel lines lie just above. If they get through those lines, the next resistance levels are significantly higher. The upturn would also result in a set of failed sell signals on a variety of intermediate indicators, typical of early stage rampaging bull markets. Bears have a lot on their shoulders tomorrow and over the next few days. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Archived