Photo

Extra Cash, This Week Only

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#16 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Why? Because he's an economist.

Right on, Doc :D

#17 Ags Nightmare

Ags Nightmare

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

By Gawd, the President is widing up his big speech, is gonna drive the money changers out, stop corruption and
special interests, and is calling for the ghost of BIG TEDDY who is flying about the Congressional Chamber
(with Mary Joe Kopechne and Satan hot on his tail with pitch forks and brimstone) in the wrap up. Nancy Pelosi is looking weepy eyed and its a great Gawd dam moment.

Whut's that he sayin, "Ask not what your country can do for you, I have a dream!"

I want to go vote again!

Barack says he is shocked, shocked I tell you, that there is corruption in DC and he is gonna clean it up
with the passing of his New Bull... er Bill.

Let it be written, let it be dun! :rolleyes:

The Truman Show....now back to our regularly scheduled bubble....

Nothing more inspiring than a chamber full of plutocrats in pinstripe suits wearing spats....the HMO buy recommendations with raised lotto ball numbers are being written as we speak....
"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it"....."When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother"....'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.'- Rodney Dangerfield

My Blog

#18 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

I wonder how long it is going to take for this to takeoff. Scroll down to the video. ;)

And So It Begins (Debtor's Revolt)
Karl

#19 Ags Nightmare

Ags Nightmare

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

Agree...this guy won a Nobel Prize for what ? A lot of the stuff I have read from him lately is off the rails...
"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it"....."When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother"....'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.'- Rodney Dangerfield

My Blog

#20 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

Fixed income still flying,now up 26 of the last 27 days.....

Lauched 20% of the trading portfolio this morning,did 20% just over a week ago.Still holding 60% for the time being.I will be seilling more soon but as the NAV's have rallied hard,and the underlying discount on the funds has actually increased.In other words,I expect the Muni closed end funds to keep moving up to catch up to the NAV's.....I will,as usual,be selling WAY too EARLY!

Not taking too many chances though,some of the funds are not as liquid as I would like. :blink:

It is better to be early than late. B)

#21 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Krugman is a keynesian, so, naturally, he should be criticized.

Posted Image VERSUS Posted Image
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#22 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

Speaking of the Austrian boy Schiff:

The Devil We Know
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#23 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 84,338 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

This I know, if you're acutely sick in America, you'll get better care that anywhere else, across the board. If you're less than acutely ill, it is a cryin' shame.

I have been excluded from participation in the wonderful US medical services delivery scheme for which We The Pipple have the privilege of paying 70% more than any other civilized country in the world. Being shut out from the system in the event of a costly, potentially terminal illness like cancer, whether or not it is the best system in the world for treating such illnesses is of absolutely no consequence to me or 47 million Americans other who are excluded.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#24 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Obama may have let this whole reform thing drift rudderless with the congressional asshats for too long.

He could have passed almost anything in his first few months....and probably with a groundswell of support, if the message had been as clear and simple as 'No American will be denied basic coverage'. Just that. Cost be damned, we'll figure it out. People hadn't really gotten sour on debt spending yet.

He may have missed his window. Guess we'll see.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#25 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

I live in northwest Ohio and, let me tell you, it is a shame how many overweight/obese people there are around here. Nearly every day I travel to a local strip mall just down the road and it is a rarity to find a skinny person, especially women, walking up to the stores. For the past few weeks, whenever my dad and I cruise through there, we count the skinny ladies to fat ladies. As a result, there has been an average ratio of about 8 fatties to 1 skinny. Also, many of the fatties are quite large and have difficulty even lumbering up to the store fronts. It is quite a shame. I have nothing against overweight people, but come on, for your own sakes, take care of yourself. You will live longer and feel much, much better and stay out of the hospitals

Amen.
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#26 tradermark

tradermark

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

I have been excluded from participation in the wonderful US medical services delivery scheme for which We The Pipple have the privilege of paying 70% more than any other civilized country in the world. Being shut out from the system in the event of a costly, potentially terminal illness like cancer, whether or not it is the best system in the world for treating such illnesses is of absolutely no consequence to me or 47 million Americans other who are excluded.

Alot of talk, if passed, about Insurance Companies not being able to deny you coverage because of an 'pre-existing illness'.

What no one has talked about, and someone please correct me if wrong, is what will/can they charge?

Yeah, we will now offer you Insurance but it is going to cost you $5,000-$10,000/month!! Still the same end result, no Insurance for 99% of the folks with that 'pre-existing'.

#27 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

Agree...this guy won a Nobel Prize for what ? A lot of the stuff I have read from him lately is off the rails...

Mainly for his theoretic work on international trade back in the 1980s.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Permabear Hysterian

#28 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Roubini is an economist.
Shiller is an economist.
Shilling is an economist.

Seems silly to condemn the entire profession.

And I say that not just because my wife is an economist, so technically, I'm in bed with them....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Guess again, girlfriend.
Permabear Hysterian

#29 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

Obama may have let this whole reform thing drift rudderless with the congressional asshats for too long.

He could have passed almost anything in his first few months....and probably with a groundswell of support, if the message had been as clear and simple as 'No American will be denied basic coverage'. Just that. Cost be damned, we'll figure it out. People hadn't really gotten sour on debt spending yet.

He may have missed his window. Guess we'll see.

I am underwhelmed with the Obama administration as a political operation.

He should have taken up financial services reform in the first year. Said, "Look, my fellow Americans. We bailed these pricks out, and now, we're putting back together some of the rules that limited their idiocy for 60 years. If we can't expose ourselves to 'too big to fail,' then we have to start dismantling the largest firms which remain too big and have only gotten bigger. Today. Starting with Goldman Sachs."

He would have enjoyed an enormous political victory - Americans would have rallied in favor around practically any proposal. Could have rolled that success into something more modest and likely to pass on health care.

Instead, he opened a can of worms that motivated only his opponents. Got caught totally flatfoote. Weak. In my estimation, he's lost the health care debate. The democrats will pass something, but it will be a face-saving bill of little meaning to those who care about health care policy.

Which I admittedly don't, beyond hating fat obese mallcows in Ohio.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Guess again, girlfriend.
Permabear Hysterian

#30 quanta

quanta

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Where are those CBS chicks from 2006???

Don't look too close...
The current Weatha
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. Johann von Neumann
We're all frinkin' doomed The Mogambo Guru
In the long run, we're all dead John Maynard Keynes
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal Emma Goldman
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana G. Marx

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart