Photo

More Little Lies and Big Spin- Gains or Blips?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#31 capitall

capitall

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

If Schiff was a bear I'd hate to see them bring a bull on....they twisted him around to the point where he sounded bullish to me....

I don't see how you can be bullish on Asia and not be bullish on stocks in the US.......there won't be any de coupling.. we all sky or all crash

I read somewhere that Schiff called the 2007 crash perfectly but managed to lose his clients' asses anyway, because instead of shorting the U.S. he bought Asia.

#32 Ags Nightmare

Ags Nightmare

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

I read somewhere that Schiff called the 2007 crash perfectly but managed to lose his clients' asses anyway, because instead of shorting the U.S. he bought Asia.

That is true....gold tanked as well into the march lows..I am not a believer in de coupling...this is one massive global ponzi and all moving parts are interconnected...

Kind of like this...

"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it"....."When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother"....'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.'- Rodney Dangerfield

My Blog

#33 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

That is true....gold tanked as well into the march lows..I am not a believer in de coupling...this is one massive global ponzi and all moving parts are interconnected...

Kind of like this...

Kinda reminds me of a quote...."Either we all hang together or we will all hang separately...." :ninja:
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#34 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

Guest Editorial by Contrary Investor, posted on Zero Hedge.

regarding Commercial RE
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#35 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

uh oh!

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- More than nine out of 10 cities are slashing spending this year as the recession wreaks havoc on their sales and income tax revenue, a new study found.

And the future looks even worse, as the housing market's steep declines continue cutting into property tax revenue, according to the National League of Cities, which issued the update on city fiscal conditions Tuesday.

City finance officers' pessimism is running at its highest level in the history of the group's 24-year survey. The economic situation on the local level has grown more dire in the seven months since the group released its last report.

"City leaders know the worst is still ahead of them in terms of revenue declines and service cuts," said Chris Hoene, the league's director of research.

More government pain

California recently raised its vehicle registration renewal fees.

I got the bill for my wife's Toyota Camry which is three years old.

$367.00!!!!!

Highway robbery if you ask me.
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#36 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

uh oh!

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) --
"City leaders know the worst is still ahead of them.

Cut, cut, cut, CUT!
Cut it OUT!

It's all years ahead of us.

Attached Images

• alt_a.jpg

Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#37 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

The pigmen CNBC crowd says it's all behind us.
Reality says it's ahead of us.
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#38 tradermark

tradermark

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

Kinda sorta..... ;)

And?

#39 capitall

capitall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

16-point manifesto for the new 'Lobbyist Nation of America'

http://www.marketwat...01?pagenumber=1

#40 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

Fixed income still on fire,Up nicely again today...

Pretty much vertical for the last month.Dumped about 20% of my trading position so far.

I just need another week or 2 to dispose of my "trading" position. :blush: I will probably sell WAY TOO SOON...AS USUAL. :glare:

Nothing

#41 chiefywiefy

chiefywiefy

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

The pigmen CNBC crowd says it's all behind us.
Reality says it's ahead of us.

Just turn your back on reality and it's behind you. Like they say, "What you don't know can't hurt you!" Relax. Take a blue pill. Or better yet...have a cookie. :rolleyes:

#42 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

The NAR should be arrested for lying to the public. That could be the new crime of the 21st century. <_< Almost the entire media and government, plus the heads of major corporations, would all go to jail. :lol:

The RE selling season is over where I live, but all of a sudden I'm starting to see a few new places pop up for sale. Weird. Nobody lists at the end of August unless they have to. It'll be interesting to see if more places pop up.

Same in Berkeley.
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#43 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

Lethal Combination – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, September 1, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market finally put together a couple of down days. That is impacting intermediate indicators. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#44 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Phils take 1-0 lead over the G'ints.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#45 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

The Giants were always my second favorite team. I just loved Willie Mays, Orlando Cepeda, Willie McCovey and Won Marichal. Does anybody remember when the Phillies traded Jack Sanford to the Giants. I as a big fan of his. Great guy. His son, who's just a tad younger than me, is a golf course architect.

Why is there no sound on mlb.tv?

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart