Photo

C'mon Stoolies, we can do better

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 byhiselo

byhiselo

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

yes, its summer and the market is about as friendly dear leader of north korea

#2 byhiselo

byhiselo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

$BPSPX:$CPC chart:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$BPS...id=p13765260594

sure it could higher, but its higher than it was in oct-dec 2007 on the weekly:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$BPS...id=p47143774370

#3 PyurAureo

PyurAureo

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

delete my M2M topic please, i'll get you next time... :D

I wanted to make sure that you got me the Next Time :D

#4 byhiselo

byhiselo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

I wanted to make sure that you got me the Next Time :D

right on, now lets conjure up some decent downside please...

#5 byhiselo

byhiselo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

lots of folks missed the march bottom and now sellers remorse aplenty:

#6 Jetlag

Jetlag

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

I've seen so many spins on the hitler's bunker rant that I thought I couldn't laugh at yet another one! <_<

How wrong I was! :lol:

#7 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

OK. So, I haven't really grapsed how the ongoing care & feeding of the burgeoning RE/CRE disaster is compatible with the rising yields associated with

1. a continued stock rally; AND
2. the end of the Fed's $300B bongwater purchase program next month.

Russ is suggesting a new crisis needs to be manufactured to drive yields down.

IMHO it's too early for the next installment of Swine Flu Paranoia - that one's prolly on tap for the late fall or winter.

So what could it be?

Anyone?

Bueller?
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#8 Jetlag

Jetlag

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

OK. So, I haven't really grapsed how the ongoing care & feeding of the burgeoning RE/CRE disaster is compatible with the rising yields associated with

1. a continued stock rally; AND
2. the end of the Fed's $300B bongwater purchase program next month.

Russ is suggesting a new crisis needs to be manufactured to drive yields down.

IMHO it's too early for the next installment of Swine Flu Paranoia - that one's prolly on tap for the late fall or winter.

So what could it be?

Anyone?

Bueller?

A new crisis? Just let one of the old themes catch a breather and everyone will be running for the exists again. Let another big bank "fail" to scare the markets and reduce competition for surviving banks. Not saying it will happen.

#9 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

A new crisis? Just let one of the old themes catch a breather and everyone will be running for the exists again. Let another big bank "fail" to scare the markets and reduce competition for surviving banks. Not saying it will happen.

Yeah fair enough. Plenty of good tread left on a bunch of the old ones.

I sorta think this the part where the EM/commod reflationista longs get The Fear put into them.

If so, a gold/miner retrace to IT/LT support may be AGAIG for a buy opp.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

#10 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

Let's throw a buy signal at the market:
"Dow Sending Buy Signals, According to Theory"
http://finance.yahoo...-...set=&ccode=

and then exit.
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#11 Rationalize

Rationalize

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

yes, its summer and the market is about as friendly dear leader of north korea

Charts still look the same to me. Still the potential to lose just as much as at any time in the past. aSSignment on chort options... BigaSS levered futures getting to margin call thresholds... Double triple levered ETFs going to zero... Metals with intrinsic value flopping around without direction. Good times for all.
PARTY! NORTH KOREA! SATURDAY NIGHT! BYOF (bring your own food)

#12 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Funniest shit I've ever seen.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#13 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

Funniest shit I've ever seen.

It's alright, Natural Gas is in a bottoming phase....
Quod Severis Metes

#14 jickiss

jickiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

keeping low profile with Doc away in a _____, nevertheless, it can be Safely Observed that the AUY Yamana Item looks to be approaching its Final Low Point in your Lifetimes.

so, your jickiss now says:

AUY, why don't you Buy?
Eight Fifty, then Fiftay,
Why won't you try?

Dig in Now, so you won't sigh,
"Missed a 4 Bagger, 'cause I was thrifty!"
Get on Board, and you won't cry

This is the Last Stop before
Acres of Diamonds.......

jickiss!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 08_10_2009__AUY_is_a_buy_very_very_soon.png

"Every Bubble ends in fear and panic. This one will too." --Machinehead, March 29, 2005

On September 06, 2006, TRE closed at $6.50.
On September 19, 2006, CDE closed at $46.30 (adjusted for reverse split)

On Oct. 17, '06, Goldman (GS) closed at $183.07 (jickiss Sell) whilst Newmont (NEM) closed at $43.24 (jickiss Buy).

"Politics in America has become a playground of fictions. The politicians tell the public what the public wants to hear. Whether the question is social security, education, budget deficits or national security, the public wants to believe that things aren�t so bad." --Written by J.R. Nyquist, December 8, 2006.

"Private sector employees will never retire, they will work literally to death, dying sick broke and busted with absolutely no hope whatsoever." -- Shorty, on March 15, 2009.

"Luck is the most precious commodity in the world." Brisbane Bear, October 25, 2007.

"Luck favors the prepared mind." Mr. James Dines, back in the 80s, in "The Dines Letter."

"With Luck, anything is Possible, but without Luck, virtually nothing Good ever happens." --- The jickiss Mantra, sad but True.

#15 byhiselo

byhiselo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

i've posted a similar chart before and its one of the things that helped me anticipate the march bottom, its possible we follow the
70's scenario and have a range of 7K-12K in the dow for the next 5-6 years (chart below does not accurately reflect the rally off march lows)

but with computer modelling and pattern recognition and everyone looking at the T/A and who knows what else today, who knows?:

Attached Thumbnails

• 70stonow.JPG

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart