Photo

Mr. Green Shoots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,383 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Mr. Green Shoots The Dead Cat

by Lee Adler, Monday, July 27, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The BLS announced its estimate for June new home sales today, and the results were much ballyhooed as more evidence of green shoots. To me it looks more like a dead cat bouncing. One thing that isn’t bouncing is prices. I’ve included a couple of charts in the body of the report for your viewing pleasure.

A small 20 year TIPs issue and the usual 13 and 26 week bills were auctioned Monday. The 4 week bill was announced, and it will be smaller than expected, reducing the new supply to be auctioned this week to “only” $71 billion. That, and a $30 billion CMB auctioned Friday will all settle on Thursday and Friday, brining the total amount due to pay for new supply this week to $101 billion. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

It's just not a fair fight...

fight_fair2.jpg
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#3 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

dollar_chart3.png

Bearz no likee dis.... :ninja:
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#4 Dharmaeye

Dharmaeye

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

SEC makes permanent its rule to reign in short selling
But lawmakers say the measure doesn't effectively limit the practice

http://www.marketwat.../sec-2009-07-27

#5 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

Bunning not running for reelection in2010.
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#6 T_Slim

T_Slim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Shot of the 30 year daily. Today we have a bearish outside vertical bar. If the low gets taken out with enough momentum, the red line could be the place that price stalls. Normally, I like to see these bearish outside bars at swing highs, but when you see them like this, it usually means a continuation of the trend. The 10 year has the same type of bar on it's daily chart but it's right on s/r. :ninja:

Attached Thumbnails

• 30_year_daily.gif
  • 30_year.gif

#7 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,383 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

1000 or Bust �" Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, July 27, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market continues its drive toward 1000 on the SPX. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#8 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

If you are not reading from the script DA BOYZ will replace you....Lobbyists like a little sumptin fer their dollars... :rolleyes: PAYOLA..

#9 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

Jim Lehrer just read Karl Denninger's letter to Ben Bernanke on the first part of the three part discussion with the Fed Head this week on the News Hour.
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#10 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

Shot of the 30 year daily. Today we have a bearish outside vertical bar. If the low gets taken out with enough momentum, the red line could be the place that price stalls. Normally, I like to see these bearish outside bars at swing highs, but when you see them like this, it usually means a continuation of the trend. The 10 year has the same type of bar on it's daily chart but it's right on s/r. :ninja:

As KW has warned in the past the USB closed right on the 500 ma and the 900 is is at 114 04 Sellers beware. :rolleyes:

#11 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Jim Lehrer just read Karl Denninger's letter to Ben Bernanke on the first part of the three part discussion with the Fed Head this week on the News Hour.

Cool, I am glad the bloggers are starting to have an effect. :D

#12 Jorma

Jorma

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

For 50 years the primary source of Fed criticism was the John Birch Society. Thus comfortably marginalized politically any and all Fed criticism was casually ignored. Bunning flies close enough to the nativist racist populist Christianist right most of the time he fits neatly into the mold of crackpots, as does Ron Paul.

You can delete this if you want to Doc. I'll get it.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

#13 Speakeasy

Speakeasy

Escaped American Inmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

<h2 class="post-title">1000 or Bust �" Professional Edition</h2>
by Lee Adler, Monday, July 27, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market continues its drive toward 1000 on the SPX. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

I'll take BUST for $1000, Alex.
Behind every great fortune there is a crime. ~ Honore de Balzac
One must live the way one thinks, or end up thinking the way one lives
~ Paul Bourget

#14 jickiss

jickiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

It seems that Mr. Ackerman thimks that we are looking into the

abyss, if Kali is any Indication of future trends.....

http://www.rickacker...tion/#more-8301
"Every Bubble ends in fear and panic. This one will too." --Machinehead, March 29, 2005

On September 06, 2006, TRE closed at $6.50.
On September 19, 2006, CDE closed at $46.30 (adjusted for reverse split)

On Oct. 17, '06, Goldman (GS) closed at $183.07 (jickiss Sell) whilst Newmont (NEM) closed at $43.24 (jickiss Buy).

"Politics in America has become a playground of fictions. The politicians tell the public what the public wants to hear. Whether the question is social security, education, budget deficits or national security, the public wants to believe that things aren�t so bad." --Written by J.R. Nyquist, December 8, 2006.

"Private sector employees will never retire, they will work literally to death, dying sick broke and busted with absolutely no hope whatsoever." -- Shorty, on March 15, 2009.

"Luck is the most precious commodity in the world." Brisbane Bear, October 25, 2007.

"Luck favors the prepared mind." Mr. James Dines, back in the 80s, in "The Dines Letter."

"With Luck, anything is Possible, but without Luck, virtually nothing Good ever happens." --- The jickiss Mantra, sad but True.

#15 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

ed.jpg
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart