Photo

It's Always Brightest Before the Puke

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Just a grasping straw for ya.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

Just a grasping straw for ya.

Oi !

Attached Images

• strawman.jpg

Thanks, David

#3 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

I think I see the light!

train_tunnel.jpg
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#4 patents

patents

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:33 PM

7 days in a row now that the SPU closed in the upper 30 percent of the full session trading range. WOW! This is certainly a black swan event. (Not all black swan events have to be bad!) (And yes I know that only when the close is in the bottom 30 percent does the market reverse itself the next day, but such a closing streak is almost unprecedented.)

But, today the SPU did set a new low of the day after establishing the high of the day; so, they can now start a new streak of establishing the highs after the lows of the day. (Not applicable to NDX futures.)

The brief foray of the 20 SMA below the 50 SMA for the SPX and NDX must have really annoyed one with power. And it happened while a certain someone was talking. Not very polite.

#5 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

AAPL beats yesterday's numbahs, but lowers tomorrow's. Hoo ha. I have no idea how to read that. Especially since consensus estimates are always higher than guidance. :huh:
Thanks, David

#6 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

I did my part by buying an iPhone.

What a remarkable piece of equipment - great apps for it.

Pity, of course, that AT&T coverage TOTALLY EFFING SUCKS.....
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#7 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

Agreed. Best gadget I have ever seen or had. I have downloaded almost 80 apps so far. I use it for mail, phone, games, guitar tuning, translator , etc..

But if you take it to, say, Europe for a month... be sure to TURN OFF the data roaming function. I used the web-based GPS function everywhere I could without realizing I was getting raped by the astronomical data roaming fees. $600 bucks poorer. :angry2: Be sure to use Wi-Fi every time you can.
Thanks, David

#8 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

Looks nice but I like typing on my Blackberry Bold :D

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#9 swordfish

swordfish

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

No hard feeling but iphone is for Americans.

HTC does better phones, and you have windows mobile + a lot of apps, crack etc

check also LG Arena for example
Blackberry Storm is also a nice phone
Apple is just a master of marketing, nothing more, with medium product. Previous iphone were missing TONS of details funtions which are normal for e.g. Nokia, HTC, Samsung.

Apple just know how to sell shit.
Jail, not bail!

#10 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Setting A Trap- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, July 21, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market took another stutter step toward short term and intermediate price projections just above current levels. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#11 patents

patents

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

CIT Expects Loss of $1.5 Billion, May Seek Bankruptcy (Update3)

Bloomberg Article

Can someone spin this article for me how it is a positive for the markets?

$3 Bill loan line yesterday; $1.5 Bill loss coming - how is this good?

Also, are the loans to CIT under the fractional reserve system for banks? If so, what is the actual cost to the bank(s) before the cloning of the deposited money takes effect? Is this why the Treasury would not fund CIT since they do not have the benefits of the fractional reserve multiplier effects?

Thnx.

#12 Jorma

Jorma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

CIT Expects Loss of $1.5 Billion, May Seek Bankruptcy (Update3)

Bloomberg Article

Can someone spin this article for me how it is a positive for the markets?

$3 Bill loan line yesterday; $1.5 Bill loss coming - how is this good?

Also, are the loans to CIT under the fractional reserve system for banks? If so, what is the actual cost to the bank(s) before the cloning of the deposited money takes effect? Is this why the Treasury would not fund CIT since they do not have the benefits of the fractional reserve multiplier effects?

Thnx.

A small part of CIT might be a bank but it's main business isn't done as a bank. One of it's main businesses is financing retail inventory. Done the way they do it this is called factoring and it is an old and non bank related business. It seems that due to the unique aspect of this business CIT's bond holders could up owning CIT's customers. The ultimate Vulture scenario. Admittedly I am a bit sketchy on the whole thing.

A portion of the corporate bond market now is being occupied by those who hope to own the borrowers and want them to go under. Liquidation isn't pretty and vultures are inevitable and necessary to clean up the carcasses. It can get extra ugly when a small elite get to pick and choose who dies and who then get first dibs on the carcass.

Credit default swaps now offer a way to profit handsomely from default and bankruptcy. Think of it as a life insurance policy taken out on you, by a neighbor. He might not accidentally run over you with his car but if somebody does he might urge your wife to take you off life support.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#13 Jetlag

Jetlag

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

Pretty good action in the Bernanke show today here.

The amounts and the issues are so huge that any general question can be and is treated by the High Priests as beneath them if for no other reason that it's all just so frightfully complicated. The great unwashed cannot possibly understand it.

The divide is total. Some law passed some generations ago gave a few guys at the Fed the power to do whatever it is they do. He's sure of it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/n0NYBTkE1yQ.swf

I can easily imagine Sir Alan retorting those questions with thick financial jargon that is impenetrable by the limited capacity of politician's grey matter making them look like childish fools while Sir Alan would be looking like a guru of unlimited knowledge.

Ben's too nervous. He's sweating bullets. He acts like he took some trillions and stuffed them in his mattress at home and he's about to be caught.

Posted Image

#14 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

No hard feeling but iphone is for Americans.

HTC does better phones, and you have windows mobile + a lot of apps, crack etc

check also LG Arena for example
Blackberry Storm is also a nice phone
Apple is just a master of marketing, nothing more, with medium product. Previous iphone were missing TONS of details funtions which are normal for e.g. Nokia, HTC, Samsung.

Apple just know how to sell shit.

obviously you haven't used an iphone for any amount of time.

Those other phones are nice, but the iPhone has a number of features that aren't replicated anywhere else. and the iphone is marketed in several countries. A Chinese iphone is next.
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#15 patents

patents

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

A small part of CIT might be a bank but it's main business isn't done as a bank. One of it's main businesses is financing retail inventory. Done the way they do it this is called factoring and it is an old and non bank related business. It seems that due to the unique aspect of this business CIT's bond holders could up owning CIT's customers. The ultimate Vulture scenario. Admittedly I am a bit sketchy on the whole thing.

A portion of the corporate bond market now is being occupied by those who hope to own the borrowers and want them to go under. Liquidation isn't pretty and vultures are inevitable and necessary to clean up the carcasses. It can get extra ugly when a small elite get to pick and choose who dies and who then get first dibs on the carcass.

Credit default swaps now offer a way to profit handsomely from default and bankruptcy. Think of it as a life insurance policy taken out on you, by a neighbor. He might not accidentally run over you with his car but if somebody does he might urge your wife to take you off life support.

Thanks, but I was asking about the banks led by Barclays syndication that loaned the $3 Bill money to CIT. Did the $3 Bill loan line cost merely $30 mill or $300 mill if they only need to have 1 percent or 10 percent in deposits that is then cloned to produce the money loaned out the door (in this case to CIT). Thus the rescue (albeit temporary it may be) of CIT really only required say $300 mill in free funds that was then multiplied to $3 Bill under a 10 percent fractional reserve requirement. I would think that the Treasury does not have a similar 10 to 1 multiplier effect.

I just do not know what is cloned money and what is based on real underlying value.

Thnx again

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart