Photo

Karl Denninger on Kudlow tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#1 bundys_dodge

bundys_dodge

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Sorry stoolies I just came to post and not to open M2M. But as fate would have it.....

Karl Denninger writes the market-ticker blog at:

http://market-ticker.org

(Doc - if this is inappropriate please move this under a new M2M)

#2 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

I'll post the video when it's available. I hope he scores some points.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#3 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Keep in mind that whenever they put a big bad bear on, it's usually a bullish sign.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#4 T_Slim

T_Slim

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

Deuce Bigelow on Lost Money saying the housing starts are great. Things are getting better . . . talk about comic relief . . . then that Tyler Mathison keeps coming on with breaking news saying Roubini is still bearish . . . what kind of a world we live in? These msm shills are utter fools . . .

#5 BusKow

BusKow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

interesting fibo confluence...78.6% retrace of the major decline, 127.2% expansion of the minor

EDIT: Repost graphic to show wedgie trend line origin

Attached Thumbnails

• 17JulDIAfib1.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#6 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

interesting fibo confluence...78.6% retrace of the major decline, 127.2% expansion of the minor

EDIT: Repost graphic to show wedgie trend line origin

Noyce!

#7 Jorma

Jorma

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Off the wall and a funnymental but can anyone resolve the disconnect between cratering tax receipts on all levels and flat or slightly rising income?

Off the top of my head I think they reported a 1+% rise in income for whatever the last month report was. That seemed nonsensical but on the other hand I don't think it's the type of statistic that is so engineered like CPI.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#8 bundys_dodge

bundys_dodge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

Keep in mind that whenever they put a big bad bear on, it's usually a bullish sign.

Couldn't agree more with you. I remember a Canadian network (BNN?) having Roubini, Meredith Whitney and another ultra bear simultaneously on earlier this year. I believe that was very close to the market bottom.

#9 BusKow

BusKow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

anecdotal...local newscast...~half of the first 20 min's live from the food bank donation drive...reports FL unemployment 9.6%, up .3 in the last month, highest in 30 years :unsure:
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#10 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Off the wall and a funnymental but can anyone resolve the disconnect between cratering tax receipts on all levels and flat or slightly rising income?

Off the top of my head I think they reported a 1+% rise in income for whatever the last month report was. That seemed nonsensical but on the other hand I don't think it's the type of statistic that is so engineered like CPI.

I'm guessing more people are attempting to cheat on their taxes or are being paid under the table. :)
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#11 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

California's unemployment rate leveled off at a post-World War II record high of 11.6% in June, but the state's economy still shed another 66,500 jobs during the month.

Unemployment in the state was far higher than the current 9.5% national rate and ranked sixth in the country after Michigan, Rhode Island, Oregon, South Carolina and Nevada. Sixteen states reported rates last month of 10% or more.

"The layoffs are spreading throughout the California economy," said Sung Won Sohn, an economics professor at Cal State Channel Islands. "I don't see this ending any time soon."

source

Still no budget in CA. It's just the legislative leaders and the governor working on it now, five people total. I guess the rest of them lost interest.

By the end of the year our UE rate should be at least 12% or more. I estimate we could end at least 14% after the government layoffs start to mount.

This week I've seen 6 police officers out with their radar guns. One team of three CHP guys working as a group, one Santa Clara County guy hiding in the bushes, and two others hanging out on the local roads in plain site. Tickets are being handed out for everything.

Now is not a good time for an outbreak of lead foot disease.

CS_RadarGun.jpg

radar_gun.jpg

Port_Police_Motorcycle_Officers.jpg
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#12 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'm guessing more people are attempting to cheat on their taxes or are being paid under the table. :)

yea, some are my relatives... <_< They report $30K/yr for tax purposes...they pull in another $75K under the table....and now they are trying to get a federal handout to finagel and refi their mortgage - they want a mortgage writedown! UFB.... :angry: But it's OK - they are good Christian folk...
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#13 quanta

quanta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

yea, some are my relatives... <_< They report $30K/yr for tax purposes...they pull in another $75K under the table....and now they are trying to get a federal handout to finagel and refi their mortgage - they want a mortgage writedown! UFB.... :angry: But it's OK - they are good Christian folk...

Yeah, it frosts my butt.

Have a dear friend who inherited his father’s business. Once he realized that most of the customers paid cash for the work, he cut his declared income by 50%! That was 30 years ago. They got a free ride for oh these many years. I hate it.

:angry:
Don't look too close...
The current Weatha
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. Johann von Neumann
We're all frinkin' doomed The Mogambo Guru
In the long run, we're all dead John Maynard Keynes
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal Emma Goldman
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana G. Marx

#14 quanta

quanta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

Cronkite

Gone at 92. another legend of the news media.

Wait a minute, he was the news media!

There will be a lot of breast beating over this.

Think about the way things are reported today.

Times have surely changed.
Don't look too close...
The current Weatha
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. Johann von Neumann
We're all frinkin' doomed The Mogambo Guru
In the long run, we're all dead John Maynard Keynes
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal Emma Goldman
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana G. Marx

#15 jickiss

jickiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

here is the Snippet: "The approaching Crisis will be sparked by known existing threats that have been ignored and discounted by our Baby Boom leaders. These known threats include titanic current deficits, colossal unfunded future liabilities, and unavoidable Peak Oil."

If you want to Thimk! take a good look at the charts and arguments presented in

http://www.financial.../2009/0713.html

jickiss!!!!!!!
"Every Bubble ends in fear and panic. This one will too." --Machinehead, March 29, 2005

On September 06, 2006, TRE closed at $6.50.
On September 19, 2006, CDE closed at $46.30 (adjusted for reverse split)

On Oct. 17, '06, Goldman (GS) closed at $183.07 (jickiss Sell) whilst Newmont (NEM) closed at $43.24 (jickiss Buy).

"Politics in America has become a playground of fictions. The politicians tell the public what the public wants to hear. Whether the question is social security, education, budget deficits or national security, the public wants to believe that things aren�t so bad." --Written by J.R. Nyquist, December 8, 2006.

"Private sector employees will never retire, they will work literally to death, dying sick broke and busted with absolutely no hope whatsoever." -- Shorty, on March 15, 2009.

"Luck is the most precious commodity in the world." Brisbane Bear, October 25, 2007.

"Luck favors the prepared mind." Mr. James Dines, back in the 80s, in "The Dines Letter."

"With Luck, anything is Possible, but without Luck, virtually nothing Good ever happens." --- The jickiss Mantra, sad but True.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart