Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Market Thur 5th March 09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
379 replies to this topic

#31 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

Is that a reference to England's green & pleasant land?

Actually, it's a reference to yesterday.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#32 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

should see initial claims along about now...for intraday pop - maybe factory orders ~10am, there's natgas ~10:30
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#33 Rounder

Rounder

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

USDEUR on the brink 1.2509 last....

#34 Lemur

Lemur

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

USDEUR on the brink 1.2509 last....

I am still short a reduced position on EURUSD & GBPUSD and long gold. All small positions with those central bank rate decisions today.

All green. I see this as swing holds with targets on the daily.

#35 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

I was just thinking.

You guys are so good at this, would you be interested in closing the board to the general public, turning it into a pay site where those who want to to read you subscribe, and you stoolies divvy up the subscription income?

I would of course just keep a tiny, tiny, tiny sliver form myself. :lol:

Really, that's how good I think you are. There is an amazing depth of wisdom and experience here. I just love to follow the discussion on these boards.

Except when it's about politics of course. :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#36 Lemur

Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

Actually, it's a reference to yesterday.

Lee in your podcasts, you think its a good idea to people to walk away from negative equity mortgages.

Is there limited liability for US mortgages holders? Here in Europe if you walk away from the house and they foreclose/sell the house at a reduced price you still owe them the balance of the loan and they will pursue you for it. So walking away on this side of the Atlantic can lead to bankruptcy.

#37 Lemur

Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

I was just thinking.

You guys are so good at this, would you be interested in closing the board to the general public, turning it into a pay site where those who want to to read you subscribe, and you stoolies divvy up the subscription income?

I would of course just keep a tiny, tiny, tiny sliver form myself. :lol:

Really, that's how good I think you are. There is an amazing depth of wisdom and experience here. I just love to follow the discussion on these boards.

Except when it's about politics of course. :lol:

My guess is the sums involved above would just be too small to make it worth your while.

#38 Rounder

Rounder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

And there she goes... below 1.25....

#39 Lemur

Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

And there she goes... below 1.25....

Sorry now I did not keep a full position on this but its been tough to sit in this trade with those vicious shakeouts.

#40 Rounder

Rounder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

Sorry now I did not keep a full position on this but its been tough to sit in this trade with those vicious shakeouts.

agreed, shorted some FXE y'day. tightened my stop down to 1.25 now....

#41 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

i posted this last night...if the 20day cycle holds it (has been :unsure: ) then Dow 6600 ought to be good for notable bounce :rolleyes:

Attached Images

• 04MarDIA3minMT.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#42 ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

CD's like TJ suggested are a good idea
but it still is trusting the system for access to those dollars, and having faith in the value of those dollars
anyway what are they good for?
just buying stuff
why not buy some of the stuff now and keep the rest in CD's, instead of all in CD's
why not 50% in CD's,
10% in cash like Doc said in a buried metal box, actually several metal boxes, not all at one location,
10% in gold and silver coins also spread among multiple metal boxes
30% in survival gear, supplies, food, water, batteries, firewood, weapons, generators, fuel, ammo, hand-crank radios, etc. BUY IT NOW and keep it in multiple nearby locations with trusted friends and family

I'll stress-test your portfolio right here -- aSSume that 60 seconds from now the lights are going out, the electric grid will be down for a long and unknown duration, your water and sewer will cease to function, ATM's, gas stations and grocery stores will be closed or empty, your cell phone will not work, internet access will not work, and there will be a lot of hungry, angry and desperate people around.

what will you do in that situation? how much security will CD's provide then?
sure you lose interest by doing this
but what good is interest when you need food, water and safety?
and the lost interest might be made up by savings from buying the stuff when it's readily available versus getting gouged at 10x the price in an emergency situation
stock up on enough of everything for yourself plus more for others who didn't plan ahead, so you can share/barter
of course you could do nothing, just depend on the government to come save you

Amen Brother! B)
Spread the word. People need to get prepared.

All returns come with excessive risk at this point. Invest in your safety and well being.
Don't forget to give a percent or two to household and hygiene products. I've got a year supply of TP and four grateful, happy a$$es to go with it. Won't lose a dime on that investment, either.
Someone was asking about seeds yesterday.
I ordered the "Garden in a Can" and the "Crops in a Can" from these folks:
http://www.everlastingseeds.com/
These come vacuum sealed in #10 cans for storage. Can keep these seeds until they're needed.
For gardening this year, bought seeds from Burpee:
http://www.burpee.com/home.do
Try the "Money Garden" to turn $10 in seeds into $650 worth of vegetables.
Now there is a good investment!
If your tight on space, try the "Earth Box:"
http://www.earthbox.com/
I have a 26'x12' flat roof on off the back of my house. Gonna try gardening there this year so as to not lose any backyard space.
FWIW, I have no personal interests in these products, and I can't vouch for their efficacy. I'm just sharing the path that I'm going down.
Even if the world doesn't collapse this year, gardening should be a rewarding hobby.
Be safe!
If we don't change our direction, we're likely to end up where we are headed.
It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
"and the vicious cycle will feed on itself in an orgy of cannibalistic self destruction until even the skeletal remains of the system are ground into powder." - Doc, 3/2/09

#43 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

http://wallstreetexa...ls-update-3509/

#44 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

#45 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

Dumped my longs from globex. Will redong lower. interesting that nq hit 1086 this morning.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart