Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Mon 2nd March 09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
369 replies to this topic

#361 Rounder

Rounder

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

buy on close might be worth a shot for an overnight trade. Problem is, if you're wrong it's gonna hurt like hell.

LOL... small problem. The only support on the fraudex's today was 4pm.

#362 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

Doc wasn't linked to the Bear Chat board before, so I wonder if the number will be much larger
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#363 unSane

unSane

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

LOL... small problem. The only support on the fraudex's today was 4pm.

Strong support at the bottom of the page.

#364 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

1 & 2 day holding on to the end...thought that big ol' 10 day would crush 'em, but nit yet...

Attached Thumbnails

• 02MarHurstPhb3minQ3.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#365 Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

Does anyone notice that there's

no

bear

cheering

any more?

Yes. I noticed it even back around the Nov low to a lessor degree. It is strange as I had been away from the board for a long time. It was not like that before. Money can be made on sides, sure, but we are in a bear market. :blink:
"lots of grunting,rutting and snout filled phlegm in the pits as pigmen crowd into the action furiously passing huge methane bombs and tearing the flesh off the bones of hapless bears,ideologues and those too slow to make it to their monitors. " - bubbadropping

#366 Pretzel Logic

Pretzel Logic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Yes. I noticed it even back around the Nov low to a lessor degree. It is strange as I had been away from the board for a long time. It was not like that before. Money can be made on sides, sure, but we are in a bear market. :blink:

I gotta say, for me at least, making money on the bear side now no longer feels like it's discretionary, or something to put away for retirement -- it's not "fun money" in other words... it feels more like something that will be necessary for long-term survival.
In honor of the times, back to the 2008 signature:

"When Black Friday comes, I'll stand down by the door,
And catch the grey men when they dive from the fourteenth floor,
When Black Friday comes, I'll collect everything I'm owed,
And before my friends find out I'll be on the road,
When Black Friday falls
you know it's got to be...
Don't let it fall on me." - Steely Dan, Black Friday

#367 psyche doctor

psyche doctor

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

I gotta say, for me at least, making money on the bear side now no longer feels like it's discretionary, or something to put away for retirement -- it's not "fun money" in other words... it feels more like something that will be necessary for long-term survival.

That's why I only sleep 3 hrs a night and trade 21.

Futures ramping into close before globex
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving

#368 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

Everyone realizes now how truly sad it is to have been right all along. Back in the early days of the turn we were all giddy that finally we would be proven right. It's different now.

What amazes me is how much bottom picking is going on.

When I posted that chart of OIH a few weeks back I was bearish on it because it had come up to the long term downtrend line and had exhausted its upside potential on most cycles. Yet 3/4 of stoolies felt the chart was bullish. Even most bears are bulls under the surface, especially if it involves energy.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#369 PyurAureo

PyurAureo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

?

#370 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

SPY had a bad tick of 7.60.

Bad ticks always get revisited. :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart