Photo

Not to To Worry

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
414 replies to this topic

#391 unSane

unSane

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

ES doing a perpwalk down. In the 723s now.

#392 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

and there's the 10 handle on NQ..

#393 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

Bonds tryin to bust first resistance to turn things back up...

#394 unSane

unSane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

Just saw ES 721.xx

buyers not making a dint in the supply

#395 ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

LOL. Last night I had a conversation with a friend of mine who happens to be a school teacher and her husband owns operates restaurants. I have been telling her for the past three years about this collapse. Like alot of teachers that teach at her school, she thinks she knows everything and we have alot of fun debates. Well, I told her last night that, despite the administration's attempts, things will not get better but probably much worse. Her response was that it hasn't affected her or her family or friends and that she is not worried and doesn't even pay attention to it. Now, I have been informing her, not because i want to be a smart arse or sound like some prophet, but because her husband is at serious risk here and they don't even know it - at least just not right yet - and just trying to be a good friend. I have had many similar conversations with many others, as well. Yes, I have to agree that the Average American won't get it until that really large shaft has been rammed right up you know what without mercy.

Kudos for trying.
I have a good friend whose family owns a restaurant and he works for a beer distributor. The family restaurant has done well for close to 2 decades and has many loyal customers. He says the restaurant is hurting during the week, but still doing “OK” on the weekends. In his day job, he claims the orders from retail and restaurant customers he delivers to are down anywhere from “30-75%. While all this is anecdotal, it’s hard to believe your friend’s husband has not noticed anything in his restaurants. This guy, as well as my friend, will probably hang on to the restaurants as long as they can. Most people are optimistic and hopeful by nature.

Denial is the first stage of grief.
http://en.wikipedia....bler-Ross_model
If we don't change our direction, we're likely to end up where we are headed.
It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
"and the vicious cycle will feed on itself in an orgy of cannibalistic self destruction until even the skeletal remains of the system are ground into powder." - Doc, 3/2/09

#396 Pretzel Logic

Pretzel Logic

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

Just saw ES 721.xx

buyers not making a dint in the supply

Was watching the ticker for awhile, and all I saw was a little bit of short covering at the major trendlines. Other than that, the only buying I can spot is a handful of traders trying to game the lines -- and they all bailed as we approached the red downtrend. Gotta another chance to break it here, let's see who's got the bigger stones, the shorts or the longs... A break would probably be good for at least a small short covering rally.

Or they may just ignore it, because it's too steep to sustain...

es_bigger_stones.gif
In honor of the times, back to the 2008 signature:

"When Black Friday comes, I'll stand down by the door,
And catch the grey men when they dive from the fourteenth floor,
When Black Friday comes, I'll collect everything I'm owed,
And before my friends find out I'll be on the road,
When Black Friday falls
you know it's got to be...
Don't let it fall on me." - Steely Dan, Black Friday

#397 ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

I may have to stay up tonight.
I've sat-up through these tsunami's before.
Sea of red flowing across the globe headed for the US.
I'm seeing:
Australia -2.8%
Hang Seng -3.6%
Nikkei - 3.2%
Singapore -3.1%

Today should be interesting.
"and the vicious cycle will feed on itself in an orgy of cannibalistic self destruction until even the skeletal remains of the system are ground into powder." - Doc, 3/2/09

#398 unSane

unSane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

I may have to stay up tonight.
I've sat-up through these tsunami's before.
Sea of red flowing across the globe headed for the US.
I'm seeing:
Australia -2.8%
Hang Seng -3.6%
Nikkei - 3.2%
Singapore -3.1%

Today should be interesting.

I'm sleeping like a baby, short ES and holding FAZ/SKF... not a discretionary trade among them either, all courtesty of mech systems.

HSBC have a conference call @ 8 am GMT. It's possible this is a case of inverse buy the news since everyone thinks they know what they are going to say.

#399 ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

Just stopped by my best friend's house for a bit. I've tried to warn him for the last year, he doesn't like talking "eCONomics" (or politics for that matter). I told him about some of my recent purchases and he started asking questions. He asked if I really thought it was going to be that bad, I paused, looked him in the eye and said "Listen to me, I do believe it will be that bad." I think I may have finally gotten through to him, we'll see.

Way to go Solax.
All you can really hope for is that at least they start paying attention to what is going on.
At best they might just start getting prepared.
If you just turned on a light bulb today, good for you!

#400 ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

Listening to Gloomberg radio:
This bank is falling -5%
That company tanking -8%
Currency blah blah blah worst ever
Country blah blah blah recession
HSBC needs $17b new capital; down 23%!(?)
“Things may be changing”
“Gold up more than 1%”

This sure beats Sunday night TV :)

#401 Slappy

Slappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

It's night again, and I haven't been in much this weekend, but the best song I found tonight is a cover of an old Richie Blackmore(Deep Purple/Rainbow) tune that happened so early no one bothered to make a video of it.

And that ain't right.

#402 jickiss

jickiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

here is a link to the growing over supply (term of art) of mansions in SFO. SFO truly has been the home of the liberals that have never had to work, thrift being cool in your fore-bears? HooHA, indeed.

click.

http://www.sfgate.co...ref=patrick.net
"Every Bubble ends in fear and panic. This one will too." --Machinehead, March 29, 2005

On September 06, 2006, TRE closed at $6.50.
On September 19, 2006, CDE closed at $46.30 (adjusted for reverse split)

On Oct. 17, '06, Goldman (GS) closed at $183.07 (jickiss Sell) whilst Newmont (NEM) closed at $43.24 (jickiss Buy).

"Politics in America has become a playground of fictions. The politicians tell the public what the public wants to hear. Whether the question is social security, education, budget deficits or national security, the public wants to believe that things aren�t so bad." --Written by J.R. Nyquist, December 8, 2006.

"Private sector employees will never retire, they will work literally to death, dying sick broke and busted with absolutely no hope whatsoever." -- Shorty, on March 15, 2009.

"Luck is the most precious commodity in the world." Brisbane Bear, October 25, 2007.

"Luck favors the prepared mind." Mr. James Dines, back in the 80s, in "The Dines Letter."

"With Luck, anything is Possible, but without Luck, virtually nothing Good ever happens." --- The jickiss Mantra, sad but True.

#403 unSane

unSane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

SFO truly has been the home of the liberals that have never had to work

Some liberals come from common stock and have worked every day of their f'n lives. Do not make me get all protestant on your (jick) ass.

#404 Jorma

Jorma

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

Trillion is the new billion.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#405 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

If this coming week turns out to be a real ugly down week then I can just imagine some honest fund managers will have to come to grips with the situation and tell their gullible clients to: SELL because of new lows

I can just imagine the hot collars boiling up if the next two days are down big.

We might even be able to give this coming week a new category: HOT pockets.
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart