Not to To Worry

Citi above $2.50 by June?

600,000 call options couldn't be wrong......could they?

The options activity in Citi jumped to three times the normal level, a noteworthy feat for a company that is traded as heavily as Citi. Investors picked up 600,000 calls that allow them to buy the company's stock and 313,000 puts that allow them to sell it, according to Trade Alert.

wsj.com

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Citi above $2.50 by June?

600,000 call options couldn't be wrong......could they?

The options activity in Citi jumped to three times the normal level, a noteworthy feat for a company that is traded as heavily as Citi. Investors picked up 600,000 calls that allow them to buy the company's stock and 313,000 puts that allow them to sell it, according to Trade Alert.

wsj.com

Seems like a simple function of risk/reward logic there. The most a 2.50 put can be worth vs. the most a 2.50 call could be worth.

That is sad. Paul Harvey was definitely a class act.

The number of people who "get" my Paul Harvey voice impressions is further destined to continue shrinking...

"Maryanne could not believehereyes when she openn..nned up her Christmaspresent and found... theBoseAcousticWave."

I seen him on t.v. over the summer and I thought to myself, man he is getting old. I guess his death really doesn't come as a surprise, but he will be greatly missed. For years listening to the radio, I always looked forward to his little commentaries and the sound of his voice.

Well, we have a break and (so far) successful backtest ot the purple trendline. This trendline represents the bottom of the channel of the entire decline going back to the January high. Need to see the blue line give way, or there's a potential falling wedge formation.

post-160-1235955293_thumb.png

Well, we have a break and (so far) successful backtest ot the purple trendline. This trendline represents the bottom of the channel of the entire decline going back to the January high.

post-160-1235955293_thumb.png

I guess all those straight lines are like spaghetti before it's cooked....eh?

A sad day...a legend has left us..Paul Harvey died...

In the pre-internet/24 hours news days, I used to love to his delivery style as he did his thing.

RIP

And now....

"Given our focus on Spansion's future, management and the board have concluded that chapter 11 provides the most effective means for Spansion to preserve its business, meet its post-petition obligations and maintain customer confidence and continuity while we complete this restructuring," said President and CEO John Kispert, in a statement Sunday.

Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Spansion, founded in 1993, was a joint venture between chip-maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Fujitsu Ltd. In January, Spansion said it would restructure its balance sheet and seek a sale or merger. Chief Executive Bertrand Cambou was recently replaced by John Kispert, the former president of KLA-Tencor Corp. Earlier this month Spansion's Japanese unit filed for bankruptcy, and Taiwan-based ChipMOS, a provider of chip testing and assembly services, terminated its contract with Spansion LLC over the company's default on $29 million out of $73 million in trade debt.

Spansion, and its U.S. units ? Spansion LLC, Spansion Technology LLC, Spansion International, Inc. and Cerium Laboratories LLC ? filed their voluntary petitions in Delaware bankruptcy court. Spansion said the filings constitute defaulting on its debt.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...5.DTL&tsp=1

Archived