Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Fri 17th October 08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
337 replies to this topic

Poll: Would it be a good idea to merge M2M into IDS and have a single daily thread? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Would it be a good idea to merge M2M into IDS and have a single daily thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#331 dogsie

dogsie

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Unreal...479 votes in poll
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it George Santayana

#332 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,610 posts

Should've known...Ms. Russell has been dis-interested all day....

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#333 agent.5

agent.5

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 499 posts

Thank god!

View Post

too close for my comfort. Disclosure: Long GG.

#334 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

Thank god!

View Post

Actually I show a happy print block trade at 20.10 at the bell...I think it was 170k shares or so.

Nothing

#335 bearmarketymark

bearmarketymark

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

Diane Garnick--she schooled them hard--said there are far more shorting opportunities because we are headed for a really bad recession.

View Post

Garnick said that we are experiencing the first bank run that is happening electronically. because cp is so tight and libor so high companies are taking their credit lines and holding it on their balance sheets. they are not saying my stock is cheap--let's buy back stock.

#336 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

You can make the same argument that the bears have 2 shots to take this down, but they couldn't.

View Post

When the cycles say up, and the market goes down, that's bad. Real bad. It's what I call by the technical term- FAILURE

Doc,
Are you still sticking with this?

View Post

Well, I probably should have said "could" not "would". I don't know what WILL happen, only what I think will happen. The two aren't necessarily the same. :P

But that chart says we should have gotten a 30% rally.

View Post

Pattern looks pretty darn close to me. Chillingly so.

Unreal...479 votes in poll

View Post

OK, dogsie, my man! I rigged it. Question 3 and the number of responses is the joke.

A little obscure, I know. :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#337 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

RBC buying back 20 million shares announced today, the same day the Canuck banks are now allowed, as of today, to Mark to Make Believe instead of Mark to Market... :blink:
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#338 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

Wasn't she the first woman floor trader on nyse?  She was the first woman something on fraud street.

View Post

First woman to buy a seat on the NYSE. Yup, she's been dere and done dat, recently a bank examiner somewhere in New York.

She's advocating sending Treasury teams thru each banks books and taking pre-emptive measures against the exposive turds on the books and making law the netting out of all derivatives that can be and introducing regulation on any new ones. Protection only if there is an underlying position to protect.
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart