Photo

Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
431 replies to this topic

#46 hokahay

hokahay

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

Holy CRap!!!

That dipsh-T from CHK had to "force" sell all the millions of shares he recently acquired to meet margin calls....what a fool!

View Post

http://biz.yahoo.com/t/48/392.html

#47 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

Judging by the number of new subscribers to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition in the past week we should be somewhere near an intermediate bottom. It tends to work like board traffic. The more folks who subscribe, the closer it is to a bottom. But I have to wonder, given the breakdown in the market, if our membership numbers might not also be breaking out.

Hope so. :)

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your support!

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#48 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

Judging by the number of new subscribers to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition in the past week we should be somewhere near an intermediate bottom.  It tends to work like board traffic.  The more folks who subscribe, the closer it is to a bottom. But I have to wonder, given the breakdown in the market, if our membership numbers might not also be breaking out.

View Post

Well deserved Doc.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#49 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

Natgas selling may finally be over.

Attached Images

• sc_316.png

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#50 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

Phils up 8-2.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#51 potatohead

potatohead

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

ok Jimi, Here is the question again...
If all assets and currencies are falling what makes the US Dollar any different?

Look forward to your thoughtful answer......
"Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining!"

#52 I_Am_Madness

I_Am_Madness

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 16,554 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

I just have this feeling that today's low will hold for a few 'weeks'. :lol:
No, seriously..i think anyone that bought today will be in for a nice ride to the upside.

If i'm wrong, you can take this post and slap me silly.
Stop the Madness

#53 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Judging by the number of new subscribers to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition in the past week we should be somewhere near an intermediate bottom.  It tends to work like board traffic.  The more folks who subscribe, the closer it is to a bottom. But I have to wonder, given the breakdown in the market, if our membership numbers might not also be breaking out.

View Post

Doc,

For all the angst we have caused each other in the past... :lol: Have I told you lately you are a friggin genious? :)
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#54 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

Phils up 8-2.

View Post

GO DODGERS!

:P

(mdporter is an LA native and used to attend many Dodger games)
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#55 Phil Late Show

Phil Late Show

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

Phils up 8-2.

View Post

Yep, I'm up about $82 on the week, actually.... how'd you know? :unsure:

#56 byhiselo

byhiselo

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

View Post

congrats, i'm sure its been earned

#57 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

ok Jimi, Here is the question again...
If all assets and currencies are falling what makes the US Dollar any different?

Look forward to your thoughtful answer......

View Post

The oddlar is the world's dominant medium of exchange. The values of everything are expressed as dollars per unit. As dollars are destroyed the number of dollars available per unit of stuff declines. Therefore each remaining dollar is worth more.

The problem is that there were never as many real dollars as people thought. For every real dollar, there were 40 imaginary dollars.

Ooops. No more make believe.

Oops.

Manny homers.

8-5

#58 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

I just have this feeling that today's low will hold for a few 'weeks'. :lol:
No, seriously..i think anyone that bought today will be in for a nice ride to the upside.

If i'm wrong, you can take this post and slap me silly.

View Post

OK....if you are wrong....

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#59 Frenchy

Frenchy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

I think it's gonna take me a while to realize what just happened these past couple of weeks.

Have a nice weekend, folks.

View Post

Same thing here. I am shocked. Cannot beleve i got hit in the cross fire and stop out just before the ride. oh well, i guess i can call that experience, but it cost me some dignity.

I see no reason to go long. They are going to have to prove it to me next week. I was not impressed with that finish. Would have liked to seen more gusto than that.

View Post

Well, i see no reason for the stock market to sky rocket anytime soon. Assblast maybe, but who knows. Maybe Doc. :rolleyes:
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." Einstein

#60 byhiselo

byhiselo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

Holy CRap!!!

That dipsh-T from CHK had to "force" sell all the millions of shares he recently acquired to meet margin calls....what a fool!

View Post

wow, thought i was a gambler

CHK ceo had 33 million shares and a good chunk of those on margin, must have lost hundreds of millions of $$...schadenfrude indeed

put CHK on my watchlist, should be good for a long side trade over the short to intermediate term

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart