Photo

Repeat Sept 30 Thread Title BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
341 replies to this topic

#16 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

"Confused? You won't be, after this episode of...Soap"
:P

View Post

"The Soap of Hope"

:lol:

Attached Images

• 8miki1.jpg

Thanks, David

#17 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

NDX 100 down 35% from last years peak.... :o
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#18 mdporter

mdporter

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

Energy trusts really going on sale now!

Attached Images

• sc_304.png
  • sc_305.png
  • sc_306.png

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#19 Jetlag

Jetlag

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Check out this the collapse in the energy sector. 50% in 3 months.

View Post

Energy and Basic Materials never even bottomed in mid-July unlike the rest of the market.

I recall posting here about the paper profits that were sitting in those stocks and that eventually this would happen but never took a position in DUG and SMN. <_<

And now that I'm realizing that they're probably going to bounce :lol:

#20 Jorma

Jorma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Why isn't there any headline in MSM stating the relation between the bill passing and the market tanking!?

"MARKET TANKS AFTER BILL PASSING !"

"MARKET DISAPROVES BAILOUT!"

I'm only reading:

"Stocks Fall as Economic Woes Overshadow Bailout-" Yoohoo

"U.S. Stocks Slide on Economy, Erasing 313-Point Rally in Dow Industrials" GLoomberg

"No appetite for risk" Rhoiders

View Post

Because it couldn't possibly have fallen on that news. That story doesn't fit any narrative in the mainstream so it can't even be conceived. It must have fallen for some other reason. Well we here all know there is no 'reason' for market moves so why even waste energy thinking about what stories they are telling?

I like to read Soap Opera Digest at the supermarket checkout to get my news. I call it: true stories about make believe.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#21 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

"It is now clear that the US financial system - and now even the system of financing of the corporate sector - is now in cardiac arrest and at a risk of a systemic financial meltdown. I dont use these words lightly but at this point we have reached the final 12th step of my February paper on 'The Risk of a Systemic Financial Meltdown: 12 Steps to a Financial Disaster'..."

Roubini: all sunshine, flowers & butterflies
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#22 Speakeasy

Speakeasy

Escaped American Inmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

Why isn't there any headline in MSM stating the relation between the bill passing and the market tanking!?

"MARKET TANKS AFTER BILL PASSING !"

"MARKET DISAPROVES BAILOUT!"

I'm only reading:

"Stocks Fall as Economic Woes Overshadow Bailout-" Yoohoo

"U.S. Stocks Slide on Economy, Erasing 313-Point Rally in Dow Industrials" GLoomberg

"No appetite for risk" Rhoiders

View Post

'Cause creed trumps reality ... until the day the stick hits your own head. :D
Behind every great fortune there is a crime. ~ Honore de Balzac
One must live the way one thinks, or end up thinking the way one lives
~ Paul Bourget

#23 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

Well, I'm going to put my car in my van and go home. Good night & good luck.

Attached Images

• fail_owned_car_in_trunk_fail_2.jpg

Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#24 potatohead

potatohead

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

http://market-ticker...he-Bailout.html

everyone must watch this......
"Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining!"

#25 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/v/HaG9d_4zij8.swf

Rep Brad Sherman tells is like it is

too bad he was in the minority
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#26 FauxCaster

FauxCaster

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

miki.jpg
"WE ARE BEING KEPT ALIVE by the Entropic movement of Dark Matter(Sino-Nippo-dollar purchasing of $UST)---as soon as there is a ringing sound,a sign of an clogged artriosclerotic wormhole on the emergency fiat-meter it will end--dynamic equilibrium,will have been achieved;better known as death" -- beardrech (Mar 15 2006, 01:17 AM)

"There's a good chance he was drunk or drugged. Only an idiot would jump into the bear cage." -- Belgrade Zoo Director Vuk Bojovic (August 20, 2007).

It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. -- Hitchhiker (S.A.M. 1998)

Mar 28 2003: July 2003 is the time I have identified as the low of the bear move...then the first leg of the bear is over ...many will be caught by surprise to see the market near it's all time high again within 3-4 years [2007] ..."depression" similar to 1932 doesn't come until 2010. -- blackbelt (Mar 28 2003, 10:05 PM)

#27 hokahay

hokahay

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

Roubini: all sunshine, flowers & butterflies

View Post

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=lOEIRI5HSuQ

#28 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

Here's another Brad Sherman clip... he's a real patriot, at least this week

#29 alceringa

alceringa

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

http://market-ticker...he-Bailout.html

everyone must watch this......

View Post

Not sure who that moranic, pompous ass is in the video is, but could you please find the clip that shows him demanding that foreigners quit lender money to American Ho-moaners by refusing to buy their mortgages?

TIA
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
Churchill

"You can fool some of the people all of the time."
Lincoln

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Jefferson

#30 FauxCaster

FauxCaster

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

Bailing out foreign owners of American Toxic Sheet is only fair. It's actually irrelevant. If we "refused" foreign owners of Toxic Sheet, they'd just swap it for something else under the table to a bank that had a right to sell it.
"WE ARE BEING KEPT ALIVE by the Entropic movement of Dark Matter(Sino-Nippo-dollar purchasing of $UST)---as soon as there is a ringing sound,a sign of an clogged artriosclerotic wormhole on the emergency fiat-meter it will end--dynamic equilibrium,will have been achieved;better known as death" -- beardrech (Mar 15 2006, 01:17 AM)

"There's a good chance he was drunk or drugged. Only an idiot would jump into the bear cage." -- Belgrade Zoo Director Vuk Bojovic (August 20, 2007).

It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. -- Hitchhiker (S.A.M. 1998)

Mar 28 2003: July 2003 is the time I have identified as the low of the bear move...then the first leg of the bear is over ...many will be caught by surprise to see the market near it's all time high again within 3-4 years [2007] ..."depression" similar to 1932 doesn't come until 2010. -- blackbelt (Mar 28 2003, 10:05 PM)

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart