Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Fri 19th September 08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
427 replies to this topic

#406 crooked_analyst

crooked_analyst

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

*DJ CBOE Chmn: Short Sales Ban Will Compromise Market Makers

View Post

*DJ TREASURY SEC PAULSEN NOT TO BE OUTDONE - SAYS ONLY HE WILL DECIDE WHO GETS TO COMPROMISE MARKETS

#407 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

spx 3 day cycle MA 1232

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#408 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

dow 11236

qqqq 42.46.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#409 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

Marie is starting to look a little worried. The hour of power has not been very impressive so far. It looks like the boner is starting to droop. :lol:

Posted Image

#410 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Is IYR and the REITs on the the no short list? :unsure:

#411 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

C'mon. A $50 billion fund to insure the MMFs is pointless. There are trillions of losses buried in those things. Don't get suckered.

View Post

It seems it's going to be politically difficult - if not impossible - to abandon the principle based on escalating size of a problem that will likely drip out over time.

Doc, you & I have long shared camp as deflationists. But the decisions of the past two weeks and those the past 72 hours are forcing a reconsideration on my part for the very first time.

How 'bout you - you blinking?
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#412 Speakeasy

Speakeasy

Escaped American Inmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

Bloombox: SEC said to consider revision of short sale ban in options market. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. :P
Behind every great fortune there is a crime. ~ Honore de Balzac
One must live the way one thinks, or end up thinking the way one lives
~ Paul Bourget

#413 potatohead

potatohead

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

DJ NY Fed Accepts $8 Billion In Agency Discount Note Purchase

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--The Federal Reserve Bank of New York announced Friday
that in its inaugural agency discount note purchase auction it had accepted $8
billion in securities for its permanent holdings.

The auction comes as part of an initiative launched by the bank earlier in
the day, as the Federal Reserve works to ease the financial-sector crisis. The
auction closed at 3 p.m. EDT (1900 GMT).
"Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining!"

#414 unSane

unSane

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

Pursuant to rule 11890(B), NASDAQ, on its own motion, will cancel all trades greater than 20% away from the prior dayís close executed today between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. ET. This decision cannot be appealed. MarketWatch has coordinated this decision with other UTP Exchanges except CBSX, NYSE & AMEX. NASDAQ will be canceling trades on the participantís behalf. This decision cannot be appealed. The stocks affected are as follows with the reference price (previous close) to calculate the high & low break point: AFL ($64.25), CPA ($35.03), EQR ($49), FCL ($37.11), FFCH ($26.31), GE ($24.79), GLDC ($1.908), IJS ($68.85), IWN ($70.34), KBE ($35.83), MCO ($36.6), OKE ($36.49), OLP ($16.82), PCL ($56), PCP ($88.15), PJB ($23.49), PRU ($83.99), PSL (26.1492), PX ($82.16), RKH ($111.7), RNR ($50.63), SSO ($53.17), STT ($59), TCBI ($20.36), TGT ($55.53), UNM ($24.95), VEU ($43.58), WFC ($37), IWO ($74.5608), IJT ($64.52), PSL ($26.1492), IWN ($70.34) The list of reference points with high and low break points will be posted on NASDAQTrader.com shortly.

What??

*UPDATE

Sep 19, 2008 14:16:55 ET NASDAQ has reviewed the transactions under rule 11890 (B) on its own motion filing involving the securities listed below executed between 09:30:00 and 10:30:00 ET today and has determined that all trades will stand. This decision cannot be appealed. NASDAQ MarketWatch has coordinated this decision with other UTP Exchanges except CBSX, NYSE & AMEX. The stocks affected are as follows: "AIG, CBB, OMX, RF, GR".

#415 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

"the short-selling ban is scheduled to end the night before the next jobs report is released on October 3rd" Matt http://www.trivisonn...ing-10#comments
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#416 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

It seems it's going to be politically difficult - if not impossible - to abandon the principle based on escalating size of a problem that will likely drip out over time.

Doc, you & I have long shared camp as deflationists. But the decisions of the past two weeks and those the past 72 hours are forcing a reconsideration on my part for the very first time.

How 'bout you - you blinking?

View Post

Sure.

I have no clue how this shakes out. Let's see if the reported M's start to shrink in the weeks ahead.

#417 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Who has the guts? :rolleyes:

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#418 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

They left out a minor detail--

http://www.ny.frb.or...y_discount.html

The price.

#419 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

10% move on the indecies..... I'm betting we retrace at least half the move... :unsure:
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#420 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

Anyone heard what the govt will be paying for the MBS toxic paper? Will it be face value or market value......big difference.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart