Photo

Politics Free Weak End

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
405 replies to this topic

#391 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

Beautiful post. My hat is off to you.

If it had been running then it would have caught this in mid July, however I would have had to suspend belief in order to enter. Doc's Bellwether seems to indicate it still has a bit to go. Still don't believe it.

View Post

Tanks. I didn't buy any. I had the same apprehension.

I bought WB instead. I was buying schlocks at Walmart that day...because I'm cheap! :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#392 roxy

roxy

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

I'm always amazed & amused by stock newsletter ads.  One guy, whom K Wave referred to as a pump & dumper, is constantly sending out email ads bragging about his triple digit gains on individual stocks.  Turns out he has 4 mutual funds under his name that cover the same sectors that his newsletters do.  They are down 12% to 19% YTD.  I guess his stocks drop by 90% and double after that, or some such thing that would make his assertions technically true over some period of time.  Or maybe he had a few triple digit gains with a lot of 80% losses.  Amazing.

View Post

I think nothing wrong will happen if you name that idiot.

#393 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

Google has too many people and is simply struggling to keep them busy. Expect more weird stuff coming out there.

View Post

"Too many people"......?????.....based on what?

#394 roxy

roxy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

I think that is a possibility unless we get a real cold winter. :rolleyes:

Here is some food for thought.
Drop in solar activity has potential effect for climate on earth.
The sun has reached a milestone not seen for nearly 100 years: an entire month has passed without a single visible sunspot being noted.

The event is significant as many climatologists now believe solar magnetic activity – which determines the number of sunspots -- is an influencing factor for climate on earth.

According to data from Mount Wilson Observatory, UCLA, more than an entire month has passed without a spot. The last time such an event occurred was June of 1913. Sunspot data has been collected since 1749.

http://www.dailytech...rticle12823.htm

View Post

Yes, there is several centuries long period of sun activity that makes big changes on Earth climate.

Amazing, a while ago I've read that the big Mongol invasion of Temujin Chenghiz Khan happened because Mongol plain was quickly turning into desert because of the changes in sun activity. He got a tribe of very angry and starving men with sticky dry asses on their horses.

#395 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

No problem here.....business as usual tomorrow, see even the train lights still work....pic from wsj.com

Posted Image

#396 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

OK....I spent the requisite 3 minutes (that I will never get back, mind you), trying to figure out what "Eagletoned" is........WTF?!?!?!?  I give up!

View Post

Posted Image

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#397 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

Oh crap!!!!

That's right, tomorrow is the first business day after Labor Day.....everything I read gets "amped up" by like 50%. The WSJ should be as thick as a phone book for a few days....thank god I just do the online verson these days.

Ugh!!!

#398 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

View Post

That's it! I suck (or more likely, too young to remember).....I give up!

Time to watch "Two-and-a-half-men".....ah....yes....that's the good stuff!

Posted Image

#399 roxy

roxy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

"Too many people"......?????.....based on what?

View Post

Based on what they do, all this strange software with unclear purpose. I'm not a Google insider, they used to ping me from time to time to go there for an interview but I always declined (I mean not that I'm smart enough to work for google but I'm on their call list). About 3 months ago they stopped contacting me so I guess they are full now :-)

#400 roxy

roxy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

That's it!  I suck (or more likely, too young to remember).....I give up!

Time to watch "Two-and-a-half-men".....ah....yes....that's the good stuff!

Posted Image

View Post

Hopefully your weekend was good!

Attached Images

• kak_proshli_vykhodnye_7_1_.jpg

#401 capitall

capitall

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

OK....I spent the requisite 3 minutes (that I will never get back, mind you), trying to figure out what "Eagletoned" is........WTF?!?!?!?  I give up!

View Post

http://en.wikipedia....Thomas_Eagleton

#402 capitall

capitall

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:43 PM

I think nothing wrong will happen if you name him.

View Post

Perhaps there's some explanation for this that I haven't thought of. However, if I just report the facts and no opinion, here they are. The guy is named Navelier. Check out Navelier mutual funds' return YTD-- big losses. Then check out the profits he claims to have made in his newsletter ads-- huge profits. A striking difference indeed.

#403 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

XOM looks busted

Attached Thumbnails

• xom.png

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#404 4shzl

4shzl

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

XOM looks busted

View Post

Sarah looks busty:

Attached Thumbnails

• Palin.JPG

The problem with Californians is that they think that death is optional. -- Aldous Huxley

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -- Paul Valéry

#405 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:01 AM

Sarah looks busty:

View Post

A conservative's dream-girl come true.

A liberal's absolute nightmare, a woman that can out-drink, out-shoot, and out arm-wrestle them all, and they know it.

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart