Photo

Politics Free Weak End

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
405 replies to this topic

#376 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

btw, tuesday generally is one of the best days in forex, means the day with the best moves in terms of pips. This day - given the holiday in the US on monday - could really be a historic one. Be carefull out there.
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#377 T_Slim

T_Slim

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

btw, tuesday generally is one of the best days in forex, means the day with the best moves in terms of pips. This day - given the holiday in the US on monday - could really be a historic one. Be carefull out there.

View Post

Will do.

#378 lineup32

lineup32

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

I think that is a possibility unless we get a real cold winter. :rolleyes:

Here is some food for thought.
Drop in solar activity has potential effect for climate on earth.
The sun has reached a milestone not seen for nearly 100 years: an entire month has passed without a single visible sunspot being noted.

The event is significant as many climatologists now believe solar magnetic activity – which determines the number of sunspots -- is an influencing factor for climate on earth.

According to data from Mount Wilson Observatory, UCLA, more than an entire month has passed without a spot. The last time such an event occurred was June of 1913. Sunspot data has been collected since 1749.

http://www.dailytech...rticle12823.htm

View Post

Thanks, was wondering why my tomatos were a month late this year!!!!

250px_Capay_heirloom_tomatoes_at_Slow_Food_Nation.jpg

#379 quanta

quanta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

I think that is a possibility unless we get a real cold winter. :rolleyes:

Here is some food for thought.
Drop in solar activity has potential effect for climate on earth.
The sun has reached a milestone not seen for nearly 100 years: an entire month has passed without a single visible sunspot being noted.

The event is significant as many climatologists now believe solar magnetic activity – which determines the number of sunspots -- is an influencing factor for climate on earth.

According to data from Mount Wilson Observatory, UCLA, more than an entire month has passed without a spot. The last time such an event occurred was June of 1913. Sunspot data has been collected since 1749.

http://www.dailytech...rticle12823.htm

View Post

This is an area of climatology which was completely ignored by the UN IPCC report.

For a more in depth review:

Why few sunspots could correlate with low tempertures by Richard Mackey:

“The Earth’s geomagnetic field provides a buffer against solar radiation, the solar wind and radiation of all types generated elsewhere in the Universe. The field’s strength depends on solar output and the lunisolar tides. A stronger geomagnetic field will deflect more cosmic radiation than a weaker one.

"A highly active Sun can make the geomagnetic field stronger; a relative inactive Sun will make it weaker. Other things being equal, a strong geomagnetic field contributes to a warmer climate; a weaker field to a cooler climate. But the effect may not be uniform across the planet. Currently, the geomagnetic field seems to be weakening, contributing to global cooling.

"The heliosphere, and the termination shock sphere within it, deflects cosmic radiation. The Earth’s geomagnetic field also deflects cosmic radiation. The strength of the heliosphere depends on the Sun’s activity levels. High levels of solar activity reduce the volume of cosmic rays entering the Earth’s atmosphere, contributing to global warming. High levels of solar activity generate more turbulence in the heliosphere scattering galactic cosmic rays before they reach the inner planets. Conversely, a greater volume of cosmic rays enter our atmosphere during times of low solar activity because the Heliospheric magnetic fields are smoother with less scattering of galactic cosmic rays, resulting in global cooling.”

(from 'Much more to the Earth’s Climate than human activity', Submission to the Garnaut Climate Change Review by Richard Mackey, February 2008)

http://www.garnautre.....rd Mackey.pdf
Don't look too close...
The current Weatha
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. Johann von Neumann
We're all frinkin' doomed The Mogambo Guru
In the long run, we're all dead John Maynard Keynes
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal Emma Goldman
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana G. Marx

#380 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Bellwethers - Jeez TOL!!!???

View Post

Are you reefering to that wonderfully lovely technical array that TOL has been exuding since mid-July?

I stared at a 10-year TOL chart for quite some time while different sectors of my brain that juggle things like logic, reality, reasoning and faith scrambled around like so many atoms being split in an enclosed space.
There sat TOL, exhibiting all that long term swing traders desire...an island of Polynesian beauties tempting one ashore...yet, lurking in the shadows, barely discernable amongst the endorphins, lay their siblings and peers, serenading like sirens...the sharp, unforgiving edges of their attributes lurking just beneath the surface...

...is there a path through the shoals? :blink:
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#381 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

Toll Brothers weekly log chart with log fibos

well, yes, one has to admit it was a technical long in the 15 region. Right now we have big double res by tunnel and fibo. Will this be the last chance to short it for single digits?

TollBrothersWeekly020908.png
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#382 quanta

quanta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Are you reefering to that wonderfully lovely technical array that TOL has been exuding since mid-July?

I stared at a 10-year TOL chart for quite some time while different sectors of my brain that juggle things like logic, reality, reasoning and faith scrambled around like so many atoms being split in an enclosed space.
      There sat TOL, exhibiting all that long term swing traders desire...an island of Polynesian beauties tempting one ashore...yet, lurking in the shadows, barely discernable amongst the endorphins, lay their siblings and peers, serenading like sirens...the sharp, unforgiving edges of their attributes lurking just beneath the surface...

...is there a path through the shoals?  :blink:

View Post

Beautiful post. My hat is off to you.

Just to capture baubles like this I've been grinding away at an Exel macro which does a daily scan of several hundred favorites (just cause I can) and then signals entry points like this one (basically measures EMA/MA Xovers and MACD/Full STO angles). Exit is of course different. Mostly by eyeball for now. Don't day trade, just several week/month swing trade.

If it had been running then it would have caught this in mid July, however I would have had to suspend belief in order to enter. Doc's Bellwether seems to indicate it still has a bit to go. Still don't believe it.

There maybe more sophisticated platforms which can do this, but I like doing this stuff myself. Cause I understand what it's doing in my timeframe with my signals.

All I need to deal with now is my head...
Don't look too close...
The current Weatha
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. Johann von Neumann
We're all frinkin' doomed The Mogambo Guru
In the long run, we're all dead John Maynard Keynes
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal Emma Goldman
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana G. Marx

#383 Jetlag

Jetlag

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:56 PM

Barack Obama addressed a gaggle of reporters this afternoon to discuss the latest goings-on with Hurricane Gustav. After brief opening comments on the much-hyped, overly politicized hurricane, reporters were curious about one thing: 17-year-old Bristol Palin’s pregnancy, made public today.

“I have heard some of the news on this and so let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics,” the Democrat said forcefully. “It has no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a VP. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,” he continued.

The candidate who himself was born to a teenage mom, reminded reporters, “You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and you know teenage children, that shouldn’t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that’s off limits.”
http://embeds.blogs....ncy-off-limits/

I have to agree with Obama on this.

View Post

Well you know these "reactions" are pre-written scripts awaiting the facts to come out, that's why actors make it in politics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A similar MACabre story at Gloomberg:

"The Bloomberg financial newswire decided to update its 17-page Steve Jobs obituary today — and inadvertently published it in the process"

http://gawker.com/50...e-jobs-obituary

#384 howard in nyc

howard in nyc

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

Looks like folks in FL may finally be accepting what Doc figured out years ago:
NYTimes

Not so where I live.  There's almost no turnover in my neighborhood, so when a house goes on the market, the seller is still free to indulge his greediest fantasies.  Still, this new listing takes the cake for beyond stupid:

UFB

To amuse myself, I called WFC on Saturday to price a mortgage for this gem.  Anything over $729K is gonna cost at least 8%.  The moran realtwhore conveniently provides a mortgage calculator on the listing site; try plugging in 8 where she's got a 5 and you'll see how absurd their price is.  I know some of you may think FL or NV or AZ are the top guns when it comes to head-up-your-a$$ attitudes about RE, but I promise you, when the dust finally settles, the trophy will be taken home by Kalifornia.  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

View Post

a one point two million dollar house in isla freaking vista!!! back when i was a student there (ucsb), that was the end of town they parked the newly arrived boat people from vietnam. yeah, i should've bought--in 1980.
"He who sells what isn't his'n,
Must buy it back or go to pris'n."

#385 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

Palin will get Eagletoned.

The market will rally on the news. :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#386 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

Tunnelling TOL, where pips are pennies :blink: next profit point 26 even :huh:

Attached Thumbnails

• 31AugTOLTunnel.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#387 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

Palin will get Eagletoned.

The market will rally on the news. :lol:

View Post

OK....I spent the requisite 3 minutes (that I will never get back, mind you), trying to figure out what "Eagletoned" is........WTF?!?!?!? I give up!

#388 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Bikini AtolL:

Attached Thumbnails

• Toll_Brothers_Sept_01_08.PNG

Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

#389 Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Phd, Douchebagology

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

I have been an avid follower of the Blixseth's crazy sh!t for years.....their latest escapade on Bloomburger....these two never disappoint

Story Here

Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Edra Blixseth has come a long way since she and her husband, Tim, declared bankruptcy in rain-soaked Roseburg, Oregon, in 1986. He traded timberland. She had owned a chain of four restaurants called Choo-Choo Willy's.

Neither business could support their debts.

Today, Edra lives in a 30,000-square-foot (2,800-square- meter) mansion on an estate near Palm Springs, California, called Porcupine Creek. The house, complete with servants, is surrounded by a private golf course.

Porcupine Creek, a Gulfstream II, a 2004 Rolls-Royce Phantom and a BMW 760 are some of the spoils of Edra's July divorce from Tim. After a 19-month long fight, she also got control of one big source of their wealth: a private Montana ski- and golf resort called the Yellowstone Club, where the likes of Microsoft Corp. founder Bill Gates, News Corp. President Peter Chernin and hotelier Barry Sternlicht have erected supersized chalets on lots that until the real estate crash sold for $2 million and more.

#390 roxy

roxy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

wonder why their engineers are bothering to reinvent the wheel. A browser is a browser these days.

View Post

Google has too many people and is simply struggling to keep them busy. Expect more weird stuff coming out there.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart