- - - - -

The Second Hill

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
225 replies to this topic

#31 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:26 PM

To you stoolies who have had such nice things to say about the Anals today, what can Doc say but, Tank you, tank you very much!

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#32 Slothrop

Slothrop

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:26 PM

PIMCO's Bill Gross says bonds will underperform now because of inflation. He likes inflation-protected treasuries.

Stoolie translation: buy mining stocks.

Yeah, ECO is moving, but when that poor slob gets going it's usually a sign of the kind of "speculative mania" that characterizes the end of a move.

#33 microdon

microdon

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:27 PM

GF--Villa is not building new homes; he is rehabing. :D

#34 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:29 PM

No prob Doc, at $74/yr not ponying up is just being a dart-ass.

When we hit final bottom (2008?) I can only imagine what Crapvision will be showing during the day but one thing for sure they won't be talking about stocks. It won't even look like the Crapvision we know today. In fact it'll be cancelled.

#35 Hellacia

Hellacia

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:30 PM

Well, y'all guilted this inveterate lurker into subscribing to the Anals, and helping the Stool out a little.

Had to do it, I got into PruBear fund after the Simple Guy recommended it just the other day. I'm another one of those chicks who likes simple guys.

Doc, been lovin' your site for months now; hope the subscription compensates you a little for the pleasure I've gotten out of it.

Back to lurking. Carry on liebe Stoolchen :D

#36 Injured Grizzly

Injured Grizzly

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:30 PM

Meta: One of my daughter's professors (she's a nursing student) said that one should not take silly yum unless needed. A daily dose will make the colon lazy.

That would really ruin my days if it were true. I would also miss some trades I'm sure due to increased painful time in the water closet.

I know people who have used it for years. As a fiber it's very healthy for you and will actually make things easier and work better. You just have to drink enough water with it. Used correctly it can fend off colon cancer. IG

#37 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:32 PM

hyper, it's not a complete day without at least one post re the pending macroeconomic apocalypse. frighteningly sensible, in the final ANALysis.... B)
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#38 rog

rog

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:35 PM

Been @ CSFB Tech conference all morning. Summary: boring! Same old same old. No visibility, must be the bottom, turn around straight ahead just haven't seen it yet.

KLAC tried to be upbeat saying things are much stronger and orders are exactly where they want them to be however they refused to update or raise guidance. Good thing everything is looking up otherwise maybe they would cut 50% of staff instead of the 15% cut last month.

---------------------
I believe in shorting the market
I believe the market will tank

I subscribe to the anals

#39 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:35 PM

Injured: I've used it for years. A nice unexpected side effect is that I'm not cross eyed anymore.

#40 Metamucil

Metamucil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:37 PM

Meta: One of my daughter's professors (she's a nursing student) said that one should not take silly yum unless needed. A daily dose will make the colon lazy.

That would really ruin my days if it were true. I would also miss some trades I'm sure due to increased painful time in the water closet.

Sweef,

It's like doing colonic pushups....makes the colonic muscle strong. Stimulant laxatives make it lazy. The water closet 'experience' is luxuriant, painless, predictable...and prolongs life :D

Moreover, I was responsible for changing the labelling on such product, after which my mother named me, btw :D

Becker (1968) studied African tribes on huge fiber diets; no colon cancer, polyps, ulcers or heart disease. It was the single most important variable in the study.

Back to the game.........................
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully"____George W. Bush, 7/29/2000

#41 Guest_hemroid2_*

Guest_hemroid2_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:37 PM

Max pain i just started trading futures a few months ago after trading etfs and i've had a little better luck with futures .The stop management is automated and you can take a position home overnight and no get screwed by some nasty gap as globex goes around the clock

#42 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:39 PM

Yes, and how many other financial websites do you know of where it's perfectly acceptable to to discuss the quality of one's bowel movements? :huh: :wacko:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#43 Fartpolio Manager

Fartpolio Manager

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:41 PM

Been @ CSFB Tech conference all morning. Summary: boring! Same old same old. No visibility, must be the bottom, turn around straight ahead just haven't seen it yet.

KLAC tried to be upbeat saying things are much stronger and orders are exactly where they want them to be however they refused to update or raise guidance. Good thing everything is looking up otherwise maybe they would cut 50% of staff instead of the 15% cut last month.

---------------------
I believe in shorting the market
I believe the market will tank

I subscribe to the anals

Well, I hope CFSB at least served ya a proper lunch... Kinda like eating your meal down at the city morgue, I imagine... Seriously though, there must be some real sore butt fund manglers walking around that little soiree... NYC is it's own island... When those beatup tech CEOs leave town, I'm sure they'll find another illusion on the horizon to pump themselves up again...

#44 mjkst27

mjkst27

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

It's amazing what one can learn here Doc - you've created something special

#45 PileDriver

PileDriver

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Welcome aboard Hellacia. Nice Avatar!

Risk-adjusted BEARX beats the pants off RYAIX.

http://stockcharts.c...tml?BEARX,RYAIX

less slippage too.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart