The Giveback Begins

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How far will it go?

650850[/snapback]

According to my big red friend, to lower lows. TYX was the tell today. Regardless of what the TSLF ultimately does to relieve the short squeeze in Trashuries, March 27 is a very long ways off if you're $94 bil short right now.

post-3588-1205353182_thumb.jpg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/busi...goldrush12.html

"But Jon Nadler, a senior anal cyst at Kitco Bullion Dealers of Montreal, is skeptical. A gold-watcher for three decades, he expects by summer that bankers will get a grip on their problems, the dollar will begin to recover and gold will sink to "more-normal" levels of $650 to $750 an ounce.

Nadler argues that edgy hedge funds are ready to take a profit, while slowing demand from jewelers and growing supply will force gold back to earth."

I think the only one who needs to get a grip is Jon Nadler. Has he been paying attention to what Bernanke & co. have been up to?! Amazing how quickly many "goldbugs"- like their stock bear counterparts- want to jump to the more "conventional" side of thinking as they see their own views grab some mainstream attention. He'll be sorry, as any correction in the gold market (I'd say $850 at WORST) will, more likely than not, be short lived....

"But Jon Nadler, a senior anal cyst at Kitco Bullion Dealers of Montreal, is skeptical. A gold-watcher for three decades, he expects by summer that bankers will get a grip on their problems, the dollar will begin to recover and gold will sink to "more-normal" levels of $650 to $750 an ounce.

Nadler argues that edgy hedge funds are ready to take a profit, while slowing demand from jewelers and growing supply will force gold back to earth."

I think the only one who needs to get a grip is Jon Nadler.  Has he been paying attention to what Bernanke & co. have been up to?!  Amazing how quickly many "goldbugs"- like their stock bear counterparts- want to jump to the more "conventional" side of thinking as they see their own views grab some mainstream attention.  He'll be sorry, as any correction in the gold market (I'd say $850 at WORST) will, more likely than not, be short lived....

650861[/snapback]

I agree with your comments, but would qualify that Nadler is probably not a goldbug. Given the spread that Kitco charges, he's a middleman and no doubt doing gangbusters at it. Up down or sideways, the house *always* wins.

I think the only one who needs to get a grip is Jon Nadler.? Has he been paying attention to what Bernanke & co. have been up to?!? Amazing how quickly many "goldbugs"- like their stock bear counterparts- want to jump to the more "conventional" side of thinking as they see their own views grab some mainstream attention.? He'll be sorry, as any correction in the gold market (I'd say $850 at WORST) will, more likely than not, be short lived....

650861[/snapback]

I avoid everything the Nadman writes, such as I'm not aware of him having been right once. Yet. :mellow: You'd think Kitco would get someone to be its senior anal cyst who was actually bullish on gold. Seeing as Kitco sells the stuff. The house always wins but you'd expect more people to walk into the house at higher prices.

Moody's, S&P Defer Cuts on AAA Subprime, Hiding Loss (Update3)

By Mark Pittman

March 11 (Bloomberg) -- Even after downgrading almost 10,000 subprime-mortgage bonds, Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service haven't cut the ones that matter most: AAA securities that are the mainstays of bank and insurance company investments.

None of the 80 AAA securities in ABX indexes that track subprime bonds meet the criteria S&P had even before it toughened ratings standards in February, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. A bond sold by Deutsche Bank AG in May 2006 is AAA at both companies even though 43 percent of the underlying mortgages are delinquent.

Sticking to the rules would strip at least $120 billion in bonds of their AAA status, extending the pain of a mortgage crisis that's triggered $188 billion in writedowns for the world's largest financial firms. AAA debt fell as low as 61 cents on the dollar after record home foreclosures and a decline to AA may push the value of the debt to 26 cents, according to Credit Suisse Group.

``The fact that they've kept those ratings where they are is laughable,'' said Kyle Bass, chief executive officer of Hayman Capital Partners, a Dallas-based hedge fund that made $500 million last year betting lower-rated subprime-mortgage bonds would decline in value. ``Downgrades of AAA and AA bonds are imminent, and they're going to be significant.''

Bloomberg

CMON!!!

PEOPLE!!!

Nadler is a mouthpiece for a bullion dealer. WAKE UP!

He's spouting this nonsense so that they can accumulate desperately needed inventory by flushing out nervous holders.

If this was a Wall Street shill you would immediately recognize his comments to be bullish.

Archived