IDS World Markets Fri 7th March 08

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consumer Confidence on some tout index came in at 31.5 vs. 45 expected.

Carlyle halted overseas. New margin calls "in substantial excess of those from Wednesday".

Off to a shining start here. Now, if we can just get Insana and Bill Griffith on Crapvision together, today, it will be just like the '87 bonanza (except for the extra 15 pounds on me).

Good Morning!

Welcome to Intraday Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for her daily opening!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. To keep out spammers and scammers, I'll send you an email with a few Monty Python type questions. Just reply with your answers, and I'll approve your registration as soon as I receive your reply.

Unfortunately, due to the barrage of spammers using Gmail and certain European email providers, including yahoo.co.uk, we cannot process any registrations associated with a gmail address. In that case please use the email address from your isp, or some other provider.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $39 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

From here:

http://theroxylandr.wordpress.com/2008/03/.../#comment-28798

fredw Says:

March 7, 2008 at 1:07 am

Rumor posted at Across the Curve blog ( bond market site ) pertaining to an Emergency Fed Meeting Thursday. Fed allegedly will announce a significant increase in the TAF Friday and also a reduction in the haircut for collateral submitted to the facility. Anyone heard this in the rounds on Thursday ?

-----

Seamus?

649298[/snapback]

So the rumor was true

Comments?

Archived