IDS World Markets 27th February 08

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea.

647408[/snapback]

It depends on what kind of thief you are more concerned about stealing your savings at the current moment. Some will point a pistol at you and some will offer you a pen. Some will come with decrees and some with degrees. Some will come with an army and some will sneak around when you're not around. :ph34r:

The buy-sell spreads on Goldmoney are pretty wide. I don't see what the advantage would be over GLD.

647411[/snapback]

I am holding the gold there in a safe venue as a store of value so the buy sell spreads are not an issue in the overall scheme of things. Obviously if you want to trade it then thats a different matter.

Given the way the dollar has been behaving lately, I prefer to take my chances with bullion rather than t-bills.

I don't know. It's just a concern I have about what to hold in a worst case scenario.

I am beginning to become concerned that the time is coming when T-bills will not be as safe an investment as we think they are. At that point, I don't know what the alternatives would be.  It would probably be the end of life in the US as we know it. 

It's just that the rate at which US Gov finances are collapsing and the rate at which cash is flowing into T-bills, is beginning to concern me greatly. This is not rational behavior. It is bubble like panic behavior.

647409[/snapback]

Are you saying interest rates are going much higher and that will effect your bond price or is the ability of the US Gov to pay its obligation without creating mega inflation the issue?

I would think that GLD is safer than Goldmoney.

Anyway, FNM is now up more than 10% on news of its massive losses.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/fann...8297B442C324%7D

647415[/snapback]

OFHEO raised "Portfolio" caps. Meaning either:

They can take larger mortgages than $417,000

or

have room to take in more bad debt.

But Crapvision isn't able to tell the difference.

Just buy some Krugs and put them in a safety deposit box unless she is planning on trading them. :unsure:

647422[/snapback]

Some DEM congress person-If Fannie and Freddie have no limits, the mortgage problem will be fixed. :o

Just bought some FNM puts. :unsure:

Archived