Government Fixes Everything Rally

Tomorrow morning  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Soros talked about the rally built on the false premise. Could this be one of those times.

The least popular option in yesterday's poll turned out to be the best choice for trading tactics.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I am excited about. In 8 days, I'll be headed up north to our home in Quebec to freeze our asses off for the holidays.

But I'm excited because these little folks will be there waiting for us.

babiesdec07.JPG

That's my grandson Nicolas on the left, and granddaughter Lea-Rose (pronounced leiah rose - be sure to roll the "r" :lol:) on the right. For those of you who were not around last summer, they are first cousins.

If the economy is so good, then why is this happening?

CFO.com | US

December 5, 2007

The weakening American economy is beginning to take its toll on corporate employees where it hurts the most: their salaries and savings.

The latest Duke University/CFO Magazine Global Business Outlook Survey, which polls 573 finance chiefs in the U.S. and 1,275 globally, finds that year-end employee bonuses will fall by 10 percent this year compared to 2006. That decline could be especially painful at a time when more employees are dipping into their retirement accounts in order to pay bills.

The survey finds that nearly 20 percent of companies have seen increased hardship withdrawals from 401(k) accounts, often to cover mortgage payments or to avoid personal bankruptcy.

"In the last four or five months we have seen an absolute onslaught of people trying to do hardship withdrawals and loans out of 401(k)s," Mark Anderson, CFO of Granite City Electric, told CFO magazine in October. "What has happened with housing and the economy has really blown up for people at the lower end of the spectrum."

Source

destruction of capital

raiding your retirement funds to pay for a home that is falling in value is a classic desperation move. As the home falls more, the owner's capital is being destroyed.

Archived