No More Friday Happy Print

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50 billion bools of beer on the wall.

"JPMorgan Chase & Co Inc (JPM.N: Quote, Profile , Research) on Friday said shaky credit markets could trigger more write-downs in the fourth quarter as the bank is exposed to about $50 billion worth of leveraged loans, risky subprime mortgages and collateralized debt obligations."

50 billion bools of beer on the wall.

"JPMorgan Chase & Co Inc (JPM.N: Quote, Profile , Research) on Friday said shaky credit markets could trigger more write-downs in the fourth quarter as the bank is exposed to about $50 billion worth of leveraged loans, risky subprime mortgages and collateralized debt obligations."

622928[/snapback]

was that at 4:01pm?

Unlike yesterday, when the internals weren't as bad as the indexes, today the internals are a helluva lot worse than what the indexes are suggesting.  So I wouldn;t be surprised to see the reverse action of yesterday, meaning a fierce selloff into the close.

A/D is over 10 to 1 negative at this point.

622624[/snapback]

OMG. Is my jinxability finally over ? :lol:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on Friday defended the dollar's status as the world's reserve currency, saying the economy's strength, openness and competitiveness would "shine through" the current market turmoil.

"The dollar has been the world's reserve currency since World War II and it's been that for a reason. We are the biggest economy in the world, we are as open as any economy to investment, to trade and we've had stable economic policies...we've had good productivity," Paulson told reporters at an impromptu news briefing on Friday.

Well, if you say so

Unlike yesterday, when the internals weren't as bad as the indexes, today the internals are a helluva lot worse than what the indexes are suggesting.  So I wouldn;t be surprised to see the reverse action of yesterday, meaning a fierce selloff into the close.

A/D is over 10 to 1 negative at this point.

622624[/snapback]

OMG. Is my jinxability finally over ? :lol:

622935[/snapback]

Great call. K-Wave made essentially the same prediction early in the day as well. Some smart stoolies around here . . . :)

Drano for head of the FED!

post-1110-1194643264_thumb.jpg

622934[/snapback]

Is there anyone who needs more evidence that the times we live in,she's not so good?

Of course not, but here's another nail in our eonomic coffins for your perusal: A local grocery,a normally very busy Korean store,usually packed to the rafters with middle-class avericious gourmandising whales whose appetites,so large, it continually puts them in financial jeapordy,and who can only be assuaged at oriental discounters, was visited by my friend's wife...

The fish stand, ordinarily lined up with fish seeking patrons was completely depopulated; the three mongers doing nothing but staring into space...

And this in Montgomery county ,Md one of the wealthiest counties in america...

beardrech -- :ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived