Photo

Astonishingly Well Run Companies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
267 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

August 17, 2007 - Ben Stein on Faux News

Why do you think they call it Faux News?

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

CITIGROUP TO HOLD EMERGENCY BOARD MEETING, Crapvision REPORTS
Thanks, David

#3 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

You'll have to download the video after signing up at YouTube and/or use your wave editor and record what you hear button as it plays.

View Post

Yeah, I had already tried that. Didn't work. I then used a program called Jet Audio and was able to capture the sound with that. For some reason, audacity won't do it.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#4 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

Main issue to be discussed will be what a terrible tango dancer Chuck Prince is
Thanks, David

#5 dharma

dharma

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:21 PM

any one have any names in wind ?solar? tia dharma

#6 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:28 PM

Just got this note from my Congressman in response to my email

Dear Mr. Adler:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act (H.R. 946). I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, there has been a growing trend among banks to use ATMs and debit card point-of-sale machines to dispense credit by permitting consumers to overdraw their bank accounts without providing any notice, asking for consent or disclosing fees that are charged during the transaction. Extending these "loans" to consumers without adequate notice raises serious concerns about abusive lending practices. The Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act would amend the Truth in Lending Act to set forth restrictions on: (1) overdraft protection programs or services for consumers; and (2) representations or statements with respect to such a program or service in any advertisement or promotion. In addition the bill amends the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and the Expedited Funds Availability Act to set forth restrictions on overdraft protection programs or services for consumers. As a member of the House Financial Services Committee, I look forward to examining this bill further and will certainly keep your comments in mind as debate continues.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have or anytime I may be of assistance to you. I hope you will find my website (www.wexler.house.gov) a valuable resource in keeping up with events in Washington and South Florida.

With warm regards,

Robert Wexler
Member of Congress

#7 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

Just got this note from my Congressman in response to my email 

Dear Mr. Adler:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act (H.R. 946). I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, there has been a growing trend among banks to use ATMs and debit card point-of-sale machines to dispense credit by permitting consumers to overdraw their bank accounts without providing any notice, asking for consent or disclosing fees that are charged during the transaction. Extending these "loans" to consumers without adequate notice raises serious concerns about abusive lending practices. The Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act would amend the Truth in Lending Act to set forth restrictions on: (1) overdraft protection programs or services for consumers; and (2) representations or statements with respect to such a program or service in any advertisement or promotion. In addition the bill amends the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and the Expedited Funds Availability Act to set forth restrictions on overdraft protection programs or services for consumers. As a member of the House Financial Services Committee, I look forward to examining this bill further and will certainly keep your comments in mind as debate continues.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have or anytime I may be of assistance to you. I hope you will find my website (www.wexler.house.gov) a valuable resource in keeping up with events in Washington and South Florida.

With warm regards,

Robert Wexler
                                            Member of Congress

View Post

Dear ____________

Thank you for contacting my office regarding ____________________.

As you may know <cut & paste paragraph from file here>.

With warm regards,

Child of Somebody with Connections
House Intern
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#8 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:35 PM

Peru

Attached Thumbnails

• peru.JPG

Thanks, David

#9 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

Please identify the "emergency board meeting" from history that was good news for both the company and its shareholders.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Permabear Hysterian

#10 EZ_Money

EZ_Money

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Jimi --

Do I detect a note of cynicism in your most recent post re: Doc's letter?

#11 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

Peru

View Post

Suds,

Your mom isn't rethinking her decision to pull out of the market? :P
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#12 4shzl

4shzl

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

Please identify the "emergency board meeting" from history that was good news for both the company and its shareholders.

View Post

heh-heh-heh

Yup. Their problems go way beyond Chuckie. Wait 'til you see what happens when the stuff he's "planted" bears "fruit."
Posted Image
The problem with Californians is that they think that death is optional. -- Aldous Huxley

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -- Paul Valéry

#13 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Jimi --

Do I detect a note of cynicism in your most recent post re: Doc's letter?

View Post

:huh:

"Cynicism"?

About politicians?

Especially one as reliably a media whore as Wexler?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely, you've misunderstood the thrust of my post.....
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Guess again, girlfriend.
Permabear Hysterian

#14 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Yep, they closed it right above the 50 DMA...I'm looking for a tag of the 20DMA before I add shorts....I could see a day or two of bounce.... :unsure:

iai_2yrs.png
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#15 I_Am_Madness

I_Am_Madness

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

Yep, they closed it right above the 50 DMA...I'm looking for a tag of the 20DMA before I add shorts....I could see a day or two of bounce.... :unsure:

iai_2yrs.png

View Post

This ETF must be GS overweight.
I can't see how most of the banks have taken out August's lows.
Stop the Madness

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart