Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Wed 3rd October 07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
158 replies to this topic

#61 dogsie

dogsie

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

How about this for an indicator for the health of the market, the Trannies and XOI heading in the same direction?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it George Santayana

#62 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

qqqq 3 day cycle projection 52.33. I guess that means they are going to break out.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#63 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:22 AM

conventional measuring objective of a breakout from this 2 day flag would be around 52.70.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#64 Speakeasy

Speakeasy

Escaped American Inmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:29 AM

Sold my PIR calls bought a week back for a bit more than a double. I think I'm learning. :D

Attached Images

• PIR.GIF

Behind every great fortune there is a crime. ~ Honore de Balzac
One must live the way one thinks, or end up thinking the way one lives
~ Paul Bourget

#65 I_Am_Madness

I_Am_Madness

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 16,554 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

FXI down $4 :o

View Post

Looks familiar?

Attached Thumbnails

• fxi.JPG

Stop the Madness

#66 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,145 posts

first try to break through resistance line on qqqq rebuffed. This battle could be for all the marbles.

View Post

Q-balls walking up the ledge. Could be one of those time-honored "escalator/elevator" patterns in the making.

Long-term, Q-balls now back at the neckline of the 99/00 bubble at $51-52.

Also RSI on the weekly chart back at 70. In the 8+ year trading history of the Q-balls, a 70 RSI reading on the weekly chart has not been a good time to chase the Q's, especially now with a neg div off the July peak (higher price, lower RSI).

The only time that the Q's were able to move above 70 RSI on the weekly was in Nov99-Mar00. That was "da bubble". So unless this is an echo bubble in the making, probably not the best moment to get "psycho-bullish" on the Q-balls.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture_10.png
  • Picture_11.png

"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtorô."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#67 Brick Stoolhouse

Brick Stoolhouse

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

qqqq 3 day cycle projection 52.33. I guess that means they are going to break out.

View Post

Call me cynical but this breakout would coincide with the Presidents speech! :D
“A million seconds is 11.5 days. A billion seconds is about 32 years. A trillion seconds is 32,000 years."

#68 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

• Moderators
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

conventional measuring objective of a breakout from this 2 day flag would be around 52.70.

View Post

Stockcharts already show that the Q's ramped to 52.74 last week. So perhaps they got next week's newspaper last week.

Ramp 'em up, girlebullz. I'll be waitin' for ya up there.

Attached Thumbnails

• sc.png

"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtorô."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#69 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

boy! today's been a toughie. Churnham, Burnham, and Howe.

#70 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:38 AM

I know it's nuts, but I've seen nuttier... HGX could bounce to 200

Attached Thumbnails

• hgx.PNG

Thanks, David

#71 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:42 AM

KBH ....................... go.

Lucky I  decided to cover my short.

View Post

I covered Monday and Tuesday. I should have reversed to take a long, but can't pull the long trigger on these dogs. I guess I will wait a couple of weeks., how about SCAM week for a top? :lol:

#72 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

I know it's nuts, but I've seen nuttier...  HGX could bounce to 200

View Post

I'll be waiting.

Attached Images

• BearRifleJPEG.jpg

Of course I'm caustic!

#73 Lemur

Lemur

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

View Post

Lock & load there Sudaca

Attached Images

• lock___load.jpg

#74 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

• Moderators
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

I know it's nuts, but I've seen nuttier...† HGX could bounce to 200

View Post

I played the first bounce off 169. Caught a 17% move in three days.

Guess you could play the XHB, keying off HGX 169 again. But I think I'll pass on this one. In terms of sporting activities, playing these bubbler bounces seems right up there with dwarf-tossing.

#75 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

View Post

I played the first bounce off 169. Caught a 17% move in three days.

Guess you could play the XHB, keying off HGX 169 again. But I think I'll pass on this one. In terms of sporting activities, playing these bubbler bounces seems right up there with dwarf-tossing.

View Post

Someone's apparently never indulged the simple pleasure of tossing a dwarf....
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart