Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Thurs 20th September 07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
297 replies to this topic

#61 art_vandila

art_vandila

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

*DJ Bernanke:Govt-Backed Programs Must Not Bail Out Investors

I think this guy is certified bi-polar

what in the hell was the 50 basis pt cut for then?

View Post

It's like giving a 7-year-old a $100 bill to go to the grocery store and telling him that he should only buy whole grain products, fruits and veggies. The reality is he'll come back with 60 candy bars.

View Post

I have to disagree. It's more like dressing up the American public in high heels and putting some lipstick on the dollar, then taking them out on the street and letting your banking buddies gang bang us. Of course GS gets to bang the dollar in the ass, no sloppy seconds for these boys.

What do you do when your government commits treason?

"Was there a leak and stops run in the opposite direction?"

http://www.minyanvil...L/index/a/14152

Can I get a Ron Paul?

{[B]Ron Paul}

Who do you owe your sweat and blood to? the government or your country, I'd say take your time thinking about that but we may be in short supply right now.

OK doc you can delete this post now, I'm done ranting......

oh and one more before I go:

[SIZE=14]RON PAUL

#62 patents

patents

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

A few questions:

1. Is there any chance of the stock market declining in an environment of (hyper)inflation or does the inflation guarantee that money will go into financial assets?

2. Where do Helo Ben's loyalties lie? Is he paid by the US Government or by the Fed, which is owned by the member banks? If he is like a CEO of any public company and responsive to the shareholders, why should he be expected to act in any manner other than in the interests of his shareholders?

#63 hokahay

hokahay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

I like how Crapvision is calling it a "housing slump", instead of a "housing bubble".

Like they say in Vegas, baby. "Ya gotta spin ta win!"

hahaha

:huh: :blink: :huh: :blink: :huh: :blink:

#64 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:09 AM

Was there just a massive reversal on the yen?
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#65 Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

If we can get out of this tight snPee future 1535 to 1540 zone. Some huge nums above and below today. 1553 and 1522, we hit either one today. <_<

#66 Geomean

Geomean

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

Peters & Co 2007 North America Oil and Gas Conference link

Many Canroys presented

http://www.newswire....peters20070911/

#67 potatohead

potatohead

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

A few questions:

1.  Is there any chance of the stock market declining in an environment of (hyper)inflation or does the inflation guarantee that money will go into financial assets?

2.  Where do Helo Ben's loyalties lie?  Is he paid by the US Government or by the Fed, which is owned by the member banks?  If he is like a CEO of any public company and responsive to the shareholders, why should he be expected to act in any manner other than in the interests of his shareholders?

View Post

do you know who really owns the Federal Reserve?

Since they are not audited it is hard to find this information..
"Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining!"

#68 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

Curious disconnect: a survey of 2,850 banking heads in China shows economic confidence amongst pai gow banksters at an all time low. The index registered 21 with the previous all-time low at 36. Confidence in the Chinese banking system falling off a cliff. Guess they're not impressed with the Shankhigh rally. Strange times.
"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtorô."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#69 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

Just looking at the $CAD chart. It's right at the top of intermediate channel. Probably hit parity and correct a bit, but the chart ultimately looks headed for 1.03-1.04.

View Post

I am glad that I rolled my maturing Canuck bonds last month. :D

#70 potatohead

potatohead

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:24 AM

dollar is in free fall against everything....yen euro really is moving
"Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining!"

#71 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

As I watch the dollar collapse I get that old Wiemar feeling, but bond yields rocketing higher again. So if we get Weimar, and bond yields go up with with it, stocks will not participate. It will be hard assets only.

View Post

Whiskey Haines and some fumble manager joking about the Helo Ben put and that a little inflation is a good thing. :angry:

#72 patents

patents

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

To Suds:

On off topic, is there any non-main-stream-media information circulating about the recent "meteor" impact in Peru and the resulting illnesses?

#73 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

*DJ Bernanke:Govt-Backed Programs Must Not Bail Out Investors

I think this guy is certified bi-polar

what in the hell was the 50 basis pt cut for then?

View Post

It's like giving a 7-year-old a $100 bill to go to the grocery store and telling him that he should only buy whole grain products, fruits and veggies. The reality is he'll come back with 60 candy bars.

View Post

Depends where the 7yr old kid is located. If it's in south east L.A., he'd probably buy a gun, andd then come back with the whole frickin' store.
Thanks, David

#74 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:31 AM

Just wondering out loud here....but what does this excursion above the trend lines signify here? Is this a dollar rout and a Weimar run? :unsure:

ndx_weekly.png

I read about people talking about a "reversion to the mean" but maybe the dollar fall will not allow it? :o
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#75 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

I'll probably regret this, but I just sold my GFI for a nice 25% gain....

Attached Thumbnails

• gfi1.png

Thanks, David

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart