Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Fri 7th September 07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
376 replies to this topic

#61 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

Looks like cap rates have gone up quite a bit since a couple months ago. The market is beginning to adjust. I suspect that we are headed for a time when the best stuff will be priced at 8.50-9.0

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#62 I_Am_Madness

I_Am_Madness

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 16,554 posts

CME...

Houston...we have a problem....

View Post

Ohhh...FAAAAA..
Very nice.
Stop the Madness

#63 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,448 posts

The locals will probably go back to 12-13.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#64 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:07 AM

I'm on the mailing list for CBCommercial Richard Ellis Net Leased Properties for sale.  Usually I get one or two a week. Lately they've been coming every day. And some are large portfolios, not just single properties.  The cap rates are still ridiculous in my view.

Would you buy a property leased to a local Volvo dealership with a 7% cap? This is a special purpose property fer cryin out loud. Not like you could easily replace the tenant if the business goes kaput.  An auto dealership! 7%.

Give me a friggin break.

But when you compare it to the Walgreens and other stuff at 5.50, I guess it's just a symptom of the whole world gone crazy.

But it seems that there's a trend toward more sellers lately, so we'll see.

View Post

Are we the only sane people in a world gone mad on easy and cheap credit? :ph34r:

#65 Speakeasy

Speakeasy

Escaped American Inmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:10 AM

'Nuther new low at 79.85.

Posted Image
Behind every great fortune there is a crime. ~ Honore de Balzac
One must live the way one thinks, or end up thinking the way one lives
~ Paul Bourget

#66 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:10 AM

The girlybullz are wetting their pantaloons over this employment number.

Here's one from Realmonkey: "This is great news and people don't realize it! The Fed doesn't care about housing. They only care about unemployment. So the Fed has been manipulating a situation that created unemployment. Now we have it. Now the Fed can cut. This is an 18-month-or-more bull market in the making because of this number."

All Fed, all the time. They must be purty powerful folks there at the Fed. They can make da markits go up and down with a quarter-point rate move.

Just like 2001, I guess. That worked out pretty well. The Fed rate cuts set up a nice five-year rally. But first the Spoozer dropped 45% over 18 months.
"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtorô."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#67 I_Am_Madness

I_Am_Madness

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 16,554 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

Going to give BIDU puts another try.
Picked up some September 200 puts at 3.5 & 3.6

Attached Thumbnails

• bidu.JPG

Stop the Madness

#68 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

The locals will probably go back to 12-13.

View Post

That ought to take about a third off the IYR. :D

#69 I_Am_Madness

I_Am_Madness

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 16,554 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

Sold all my September 135 ICE puts at 5.7 for 70% gain.
They almost had me the other day. Thank you Mr. 50 dma.
How bout that! :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• ice.JPG

Stop the Madness

#70 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

Bucky last (delayed) 79.90!  Only one lower low from a dozen or so years back at 78.43 if memory serves.

View Post

I think Jesse indicates 79.70 as the lowest low?

June 1992 = 79.70

http://jessel.100meg...e3.com/DXLT.png
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#71 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

Here's one from Realmonkey: "This is great news and people don't realize it! The Fed doesn't care about housing. They only care about unemployment. So the Fed has been manipulating a situation that created unemployment. Now we have it. Now the Fed can cut. This is an 18-month-or-more bull market in the making because of this number."

All Fed, all the time. They must be purty powerful folks there at the Fed. They can make da markits go up and down with a quarter-point rate move.

Just like 2001, I guess. That worked out pretty well. The Fed rate cuts set up a nice five-year rally. But first the Spoozer dropped 45% over 18 months.

View Post

Are we in the old Soviet Union? :blink: An all powerful and all seeing politburo. :lol:

#72 crooked_analyst

crooked_analyst

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

Looks like cap rates have gone up quite a bit since a couple months ago. The market is beginning to adjust.  I suspect that we are headed for a time when the best stuff will be priced at 8.50-9.0

View Post

Doc,

YOu can get 8% from Ford on a 20 year NNN....like they're gonna be around for 20... :blink:

#73 Speakeasy

Speakeasy

Escaped American Inmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

View Post

"Yeah, Baby. Uncle Ben gonna get us our fix."

Posted Image
Behind every great fortune there is a crime. ~ Honore de Balzac
One must live the way one thinks, or end up thinking the way one lives
~ Paul Bourget

#74 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

Bucky last (delayed) 79.90!† Only one lower low from a dozen or so years back at 78.43 if memory serves.

View Post

I think Jesse indicates 79.70 as the lowest low?

June 1992 = 79.70

http://jessel.100meg...e3.com/DXLT.png

View Post

The latest. :D

TX U07 80400 80520 79820 79910 -540

#75 4shzl

4shzl

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:18 AM

Shorting ZB ~113. Easiest way for this girliechicken to play the bounce.

There is gonna be a bounce, isn't there? :blink:
The problem with Californians is that they think that death is optional. -- Aldous Huxley

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -- Paul Valéry

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart