Photo

Market Nails The Targets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
309 replies to this topic

#16 realist

realist

Master of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

I see dead shorts.  B)

We'll likely retest gold's 730 high by the end of Summer...

This will only the beginning of what is too come... :huh:

Attached Images

• XAU.png

#17 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

Close-up of the long term trend line retest on TNX ... with weekly bullish engulfing.

Attached Images

• close.PNG

Thanks, David

#18 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,447 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

godawful pigshank in pmtc today.

txt looks like it's headed for 125.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#19 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

The one thing that really bugs me about gold right now is precisely the fact that Newmont and others have reduced or eliminated their hedges. Gold mining companies have terrible track records when it comes to the timing of their hedges. They had the highest hedge exposure at the bottom of the gold market, and many are still paying dearly for that. The fact that those same companies have no hedges now makes me start to wonder...
Thanks, David

#20 Private Skidmark

Private Skidmark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

Added uranium longs today in CCJ and UEXCF. Added tech longs in IBM and FNSR. Portfolio still about 90% PMs.
The highest compliment you can pay a man today is that he’s a fairly convincing approximation of a real person.

"You trade physical gold with balls, not with a ruler, until your balls get pressed into ball oil and you're forced to obtain your meals from the dumpster behind the local Krispy Kreme. And then the sun comes out again." - Skidmark

"If you can't stand the heat, break the thermometer in the kitchen." - Benjamin S. Bernanke upon ceasing publication of M3 data

#21 try2win

try2win

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

GG showing signs of life

View Post

i think that is one jickiss has been pounding the table on ;)

#22 try2win

try2win

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

i keep my option buying down to a very small percentage.... was early on these but they show life.

Attached Images

• adm1.gif
  • nyx1.gif

#23 sarcastro

sarcastro

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

http://www.reuters.c...06?pageNumber=2

"All the hiring came in service industries during June. There were 135,000 new jobs in the service sector including in health services, hospitality businesses and government.

The goods-producing sector shed 3,000 jobs. There were 18,000 fewer jobs in manufacturing businesses in June, on top of 7,000 lost in May."

In other words, all new jobs were for hostesses at restaraunts and bean
counters. Any job where anything actually gets PRODUCED continues to be
eliminated systematically.......

#24 realist

realist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

The main reason why the gold shares are going ape-shit now...

Global Gold Bottoming out. Shares leading the Metal into a renewed uptrend?

Without a Doubt...

http://www.zealllc.c...07/glogold3.htm

#25 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

The one thing that really bugs me about gold right now is precisely the fact that Newmont and others have reduced or eliminated their hedges.  Gold mining companies have terrible track records when it comes to the timing of their hedges.  They had the highest hedge exposure at the bottom of the gold market, and many are still paying dearly for that.  The fact that those same companies have no hedges now makes me start to wonder...

View Post

Good point.

The current goldschlock run started on 6/27. Then out of nowhere ;) AH on 7/5, NEM announces they have eliminated all their hedges. What are the odds that everyone who is anyone knew the timing of this announcement well in advance?

Also interesting how the general media is painting this "newsnoize". Here's Reuters: "In bullish move, Newmont eliminates gold hedges".

Why is this bullish? Does it mean Newmont is "bullish" on gold prices going forward or were they just tired of losing money on their hedges? Or did they cover their hedges for another reason altogether?

If Newmont was the expert at gold market timing, then why did they hold onto these hedges for so long, losing money in the process. Since they were terrible timers when initiating these hedges, perhaps their timing at eliminating them will be equally poorly-timed, as you suggest.

I have no inside insight into this. Perhaps this development is, indeed, bullish for one and all. But I find it intriguing how the coverage of this news is being characterized as one-sidedly "bullish" when, in fact, we will only know if that's the case in retrospect.

Not to mention, it is noteworthy that a broad gold schlock move occurred just before and coincident to the biggest crapper in the bunch essentially announcing via press release: "It's safe to buy gold schlocks now!"

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.....
"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtor™."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#26 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Without a Doubt...

View Post

If you traded based on the advice from Zeal (Adam Hamilton) over the past few years, you would be standing in a bread line today.
"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtor™."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#27 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

Without a Doubt...

View Post

If you traded based on the advice from Zeal (Adam Hamilton) over the past few years, you would be standing in a bread line today.

View Post

Why? Is he recommending going long bread ? :lol: :lol:
Thanks, David

#28 Black Prince

Black Prince

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

NYSE did make a new all time high didn't? Just asking.
Current holdings.

#29 seamus

seamus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

Even more interesting is that the bullish engulfing candle on TNX came right at the re-test of the broken long-term downtrend line...

View Post

Suds - I have every intention of selling paper next week starting with our corporate holdings, then mortgages, then agencies to establish a core short of 1/4 year.

I will add to the short on any strength for the foreseeable future. Rates are now on synchronous sell signals and I will give credence to the lt monthly indicator.

:mellow:

#30 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,447 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

Well that's one less jackass we have to deal with. An ad hominem attack like the one I just deleted will get you banned every time.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart