Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Tues 27th February 07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
470 replies to this topic

#436 Private Skidmark

Private Skidmark

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:45 PM

Anyone want to take a guess as to how many "investors" in China jump out of their windows tomorrow.....yes, morbid, I know

View Post

Most of those high-rises in Shanghai have sealed windows. The air's too polluted to let it inside. There are some bridges though.

View Post

Nothing a properly aimed office chair can't fix. :ph34r: Where there's a will . . .
The highest compliment you can pay a man today is that heís a fairly convincing approximation of a real person.

"You trade physical gold with balls, not with a ruler, until your balls get pressed into ball oil and you're forced to obtain your meals from the dumpster behind the local Krispy Kreme. And then the sun comes out again." - Skidmark

"If you can't stand the heat, break the thermometer in the kitchen." - Benjamin S. Bernanke upon ceasing publication of M3 data

#437 bigsky

bigsky

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:46 PM

Crapvision now reporting the 200 pt drop may have been a "miscalculation" .........go figure, if it was up 200 there would be no questioning it

#438 Dr Bob Poodit

Dr Bob Poodit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:46 PM

Retail should get fleeced in the morning. Just in time for the month end print. I imagine next months inflows may be slow in coming.

#439 Sudaca

Sudaca

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

Anyone want to take a guess as to how many "investors" in China jump out of their windows tomorrow.....yes, morbid, I know

View Post

Most of those high-rises in Shanghai have sealed windows. The air's too polluted to let it inside. There are some bridges though.

View Post

Yup. Even if they did manage to open those windows and jump out, they'd probably die of asphixiation before they reached the ground.
Thanks, David

#440 F*Trade

F*Trade

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Asian markets will be doing the "burning car", GMTFO!

Attached Images

• BURNING_CAR.jpg

#441 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,145 posts

Funny to see folks trying to hold up EEM.

Seems to be crying out for 95-100. Why not just let 'er rip?

Attached Images

• sc_10.png

"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtorô."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#442 crazy_ate

crazy_ate

PhD In Douchebagology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Tomorrow I bet we get the old "trader added two extra zeros to the trade causing an 'accidental' cascade throughout the market.  He intended to sell a routine 100 million and ended up selling 10 billion.  Opps.  Sorry, all is forgiven, buy, buy.  :lol:  :lol:

View Post

Ha, you nailed it. They just wheeled out Art Cashin (I think that's his name) and he said that the low tick was probably "mechanical" ....under investigation

#443 Dr Bob Poodit

Dr Bob Poodit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

If I have puts on a stock, can I exercise them early (without owning the stock) and thus be short the stock?

View Post

yes, just call your broker and tell him/her to exercise the optin.

#444 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

• Moderators
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

Retail should get fleeced in the morning. Just in time for the month end print. I imagine next months inflows may be slow in coming.

View Post

My favorite was when that ASStrologer threw in the towel (Merriman the Magician) and said that his star charts must be broken due to all the liquidity and strong yearnings. Said that the market probably can't fall before Apr 15 because of all the 201k inflows. What a comedian!
"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtorô."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#445 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

View Post

View Post

From what I recall... they borrowed against their homes to put money in the market for a quick and easy gain... oh yea, this will end well...

lemmings.jpg
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#446 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

• Moderators
  • 9,145 posts

Tomorrow I bet we get the old "trader added two extra zeros to the trade causing an 'accidental' cascade throughout the market.  He intended to sell a routine 100 million and ended up selling 10 billion.  Opps.  Sorry, all is forgiven, buy, buy.  :lol:  :lol:

View Post

Ha, you nailed it. They just wheeled out Art Cashin (I think that's his name) and he said that the low tick was probably "mechanical" ....under investigation

View Post

Art Cashed In.

#447 crazy_ate

crazy_ate

PhD In Douchebagology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

If I have puts on a stock, can I exercise them early (without owning the stock) and thus be short the stock?

View Post

yes, just call your broker and tell him/her to exercise the optin.

View Post

Good luck....getting through on the phone shouldn't be a problem.. :huh:

#448 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:50 PM

I am so proud of those of you who continued posting here throughout the bull run. You kept your heads. You made money. You kept your sense of humor. You deserved a much bigger audience than you got.

You are the unsung heroes.

You are the wind

beneath my cheeks.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#449 elh

elh

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

View Post

NO. As far as I understand, there is no exercise on puts. But what do I know.

#450 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Thank you, Dr. Bob.

I have IYR puts. When it really tanked, they increased the spread to 4.00 (it had been 0.70) and priced the bid at 2 less than liquidation value.

Grrrr.
Of course I'm caustic!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart