Photo

The Russian Revolution

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
326 replies to this topic

#301 I_Am_Madness

I_Am_Madness

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,554 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

Looks like another record cold night in store here in L.A.

Too cold for me to ride MX today.  Yesterday was brutal.

That's never happened before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weather in NYC have been 20 degrees above normal. We got 70 degrees 2 weekends back. Hmm...maybe it's time to buy that beach house in jersey shores. :lol:
Stop the Madness

#302 Brisbane Bear

Brisbane Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

we might be near KWs low in Copper if this bearish report is anything to go by??

Copper under pressure, aluminum market nervous

LONDON (Reuters) - Copper prices slipped on Monday as stocks rose further, while the aluminum market became more nervous as a squeeze tightened ahead of a key date later this week, anal cysts said.

Aluminum <MAL3> for three-month delivery closed slightly down at $2,700 a ton on the London Metal Exchange from Friday's $2,705 close.

Copper prices lost $120 to $5,630 a ton as stocks in LME warehouses rose 2,600 tonnes to 199,450 tonnes, more than twice their level at the start of 2006 and nearing 200,000.

"The market could get slightly rattled once we cross over that (200,000 ton mark)," anal cyst Edward Meir at Man Financial said.

http://today.reuters...C1-ArticlePage3

#303 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

Kiss of death or are they going to keep this Biatch up until the 2008 elections.

Attached Images

• spx_daily.gif

NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#304 summoner

summoner

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

All hell gonna break loose when the PPI comes out on wed ;)

Trade Safe
" I' ve got a left handed hook and a right handed hook, the pros are gonna love me, I'm amphibious"

Charles Shackelford
NC STATE UNIVERSITY

#305 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

Crude getting sold in Asia.

U.S. Bonar looks set for one of those "searing rallies" again.
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#306 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

letdown for Bully so far in night session :)

Shank&Pump500 1442.50 -1.00

NaSSty100 1864.50 -1.50

RutHell2000 804.70 -1.50

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#307 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

Not from some "conspiracy site"...

ING Wholesale Banking issues long memo re: Attacking Iran:The market impact of a surprise Israeli strike on its nuclear facilities.

Conclusion
The financial markets are assuming that an attack on Iran by Israel or the US is unlikely. However, bellicose rhetoric from Israel and an imminent build-up of US forces in the Gulf suggest that they could be in for a shock.

Israel is concerned that Iran may have acquired nuclear weapons capability by the time the Bush administration leaves office at the end of 2008, and is determined to prevent this. With a diplomatic solution apparently still far off, Israel may take the opportunity to attack with the cover of two US aircraft carrier strike groups due to be in place in the Persian Gulf within weeks.

Given that risk assets are currently richly priced, they would suffer a dramatic reversal in the event of such an attack. This would involve sharp falls for stocks, corporate and emerging debt and emerging currencies. Safe havens such as government bonds, the euro, gold and oil would benefit.

How long these effects would persist would depend on the extent of any Iranian retaliation. The threat of a massive US military counter-strike might persuade the Iranians to limit their reprisals, in which case the financial market effects might quickly reverse their initial panic reactions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

most likely it will start with a Gulf of Tonkin angle -- hey Iran attacked us! we gotta defend ourselves, might as well take out their nuke projects at the same time

most Americans don't even know what Gulf of Tonkin events were

hell 20% of college students today couldn't even answer what MLK did, they thought he fought for abolition of slavery back in the 1800's!

so the same old ruses can be re-used by gov't with impunity because the maSSes are so ignorant

of course that is purpose of gov't run screwels

and BIG GAMES

adults running around in LT jerseys like 12-year-olds

keep 'em stupid and unproductive

jack their ARM's and taxes and insurance

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#308 LeeWhee

LeeWhee

• Moderators
  • 9,145 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

Here's a fun map from Barry Ritzhold's blog "The Big Picture".

Equates each U.S. state GDP with the country it matches most closely.

Rather amazing really.

For example, the GDP of Rhode Island ($43B) is the same as the GDP of Vietnam. Only Rhode Island has 1 million residents while Vietnam has 83 million people. And Lousiana's GDP ($168B) is roughly the same as Indonesia. Only Louisiana has 4.4M residents while Indonesia has 246M.

Maybe the emerging market boom could last a while.

http://bigpicture.ty...d.com/comments/

Attached Images

• 350816052_0a392a0d28_o.jpg

"I'm not a real estate bum. I wear diamonds and Rolexes. I'm a classy Realtorô."--- Liz "Flaming Orange" Seither, Clearwater, FL, who owes lenders millions of dollars in debts.

"Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men."---John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

"When the music stops, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing..."---Citigroup CEO Chucky "Master of Timing" Prince, 7/9/07

"Wall Street is a graveyard of geniuses."---Chriss Street, Treasurer, Orange County, CA, 7/27/07

"It was never my thinking that made big money for me. It was my sitting. Men who can be both right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn."---Jesse Livermore

"You can kill a sheep just once, but you can fleece him 100 times."---Jeff Macke

"Stocks are no longer the weather glass of fortune, but a part of the mask employed to disguise the nation's own face to itself." ---Horace Walpole, 1782

#309 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:20 PM

Crude getting sold in Asia.

U.S. Bonar looks set for one of those "searing rallies" again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

84.70 -0.04

#310 mmoy

mmoy

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

Winter arrived today in NH. Sort of. It got down to the mid-20s. And we had freezing rain. Which is something that I avoid driving in.

Usually we've already had mid-single-digits by now. So this is really nothing.

I sprinkled ice-melt for the first time since last winter. And have been wearing jackets instead of coats. I could get used to this for winter. It's cold enough to get rid of the bugs but no scraping ice and snow off windshields, slipping and sliding, cleaning the salt off the car and wearing heavier clothes all the time.

I haven't even put on boots this season.

BTW, LeeWhee, could you put up a few prison charts? Just curious how they've done as you posted a bunch on these in December.

#311 Peek Paper

Peek Paper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

You hoid it here first ... the next (and much improved) Maria Fartaroma:

Wallstrip

(actually very funny)

Attached Images

• L_7.jpg

The deeper you dig into a pile of dung, the worse it smells ...

#312 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

how much are Tomohawks, one Mil per pop?

GW has thousands of 'em ready for Ahmadahamadahinjheehawhead

a thousand-pack is only one Bil

GW spent 500 Bil so far on his Big Adventure

#313 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:35 PM

why, I'm shocked! shocked I tell ya! :P

$1.2 Billion Fraud Scheme in Southern California
The operators of the Jovane Investment firm of Murrieta, and related businesses, including Stonewood Consulting, Inc., Pacific Wealth Management LLC (Nevada), Oetting Enterprises, and Sunburst Financial Systems, Inc., engaged in a real estate scheme involving perhaps as many as 5,000 home loans in the Southern California region.

watch now......here comes another 5,000 foreclosures dumped on the market :ph34r:

#314 Takachi

Takachi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:35 PM

"most Americans don't even know what Gulf of Tonkin events were" :unsure:

Your assertion Mr Shorty assumes there were, in fact, events to be known!

I remember the news anchors breaking into evening TV shows with the breathless announcement of the "attack" on our ships. Pretty good evidence that absolutely nothing happened that evening.

Of course, today no such facade of legitimacy appears necessary. Johnson, at least, needed a vote to go to war. :ph34r:

#315 Dharmaeye

Dharmaeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

When you said that CAT could be taken over by KKR, at first I had the wrong company. 

Krispy Kreme Caterpillar. 

Mmmmmmmmmm....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart