Photo

Leveraged Buyouts Running Amok

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
266 replies to this topic

#16 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

8,800 more families put out in the street to jockey for position in the homeless shelters

the high-tech industry is booming <_<

Shareholders approve Alcatel, Lucent merger
The conpanies said in April that they planned to pole-axe about 10 percent of their new combined work force.

Attached Images

• Chop.gif

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#17 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

September 7, 2006 NEW DELHI/ BANGALORE: Global pink slips in the tech industry may end up benefiting India as big-wigs like Intel, Sony, CA, IBM and Sun Microsystems CONtinue to chop Americans.

With cost-cutting a major priority, Intel may outsource more to India, say market sources, and IBM, which announced axing of 13,000 jobs in Europe and the US, followed it up with plans to treble its investments in India over the next three years by pumping in $6 Billion towards its operations there.

Attached Images

• Chop.gif

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#18 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:26 PM

of course this has been going on for years, and in this case I aSSume this guy was joking......but the funniest jokes are often based on truth :ph34r:

I am working with two other project managers to implement the "No hiring Americans program." The program is exactly what it says: Under NO circumstances does my company hire any American worker for any reason. I don't care if the worker graduated with a electrical engineering degree from MIT and is certified in MCSE, MCSD, CNE, CCNA, etc. -- if that person is an American, that person is not getting a job at my company. Period. If that person is an Indian, they're hired right away without going through any interview process. No questions asked, no strings attached. Even if his or her job experience is limited to driving a taxi cab in New York, I would hire that person over an American.

Attached Images

• Chop.gif

#19 beardrech

beardrech

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:29 PM

I think that the dozens of people expressing sanguine opinions about the Chinese and Indians becoming the New economic Locomotives that will lead us into the promised land of milk and honey are, like Laird says,just one depression premature--

They are expressing opinions like the hypnotised Keynesians that they are

They are thinking that we are entering a period of "Generic resessionism".

They fail to observe that this time, it realls is different, and that our global descent into hell is on the installment plan, or rather the lack of time payment plans which is limited to Henry Ford's USA--The ancient $5 a day wage scale established by H Ford was the reason we became a monstrously appetitive eating machine where parents now give birth to 75 pound infants

Without the USA's addiction to consumerism the so-called Oriental locomotives will fail to stem the decline...lacking the appropriate number of piggish high-incomed gluttons (this doesn't include millions of arrivistes who didnt make the cut) they will find their plants starved for lack of customers and their overinvested socities will join us on theroller coaster to Hades--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: The Big D after this one will find them as leaders

#20 FranciscoTheMan

FranciscoTheMan

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

Shorty, that dude is faking. Try to Google him or his company...

Nothing, just someone baiting folks that have been laid off.
One day sometime in the future he'll [Cramer] come blubbering and whimpering on air half naked and smeared with his own feces. It'll be the buy signal of the decade. --PhatBubble
One thing I think is certain. The more the world's central banks act to suppress the cost of long term capital, the more of it the market will demand, thereby keeping upward pressure on yields until the CBs have no choice but to relent. At that point we should see a massive final blowoff similar to that which occurred in 1980 and 1981. --Doctor Stool
In a topsy turvy world, growing more and more insane by the minute, terminal eccentricities, like buying Fanny, are barely noticed--Beardrech
"[George W. Bush] is Woodrow Wilson on amphetamines." --Patrick J. Buchanan
"I simply don't know where the money is." --John Corzine

#21 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

Shorty, that dude is faking.  Try to Google him or his company...

Nothing, just someone baiting folks that have been laid off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, I said he was joking.

But my point is there are actual real-world cases of what he describes.

#22 FranciscoTheMan

FranciscoTheMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

Plenty of those outsourcing operations are productive cost savers, but many projects done by foreign coders wind up as total rewrites. Especially the small jobs that are are not supervised by individuals with strong coding skills and a commitment to quality.

I have aquintance who frequently finds work picking up where "rent-a-coders" have failed.
One day sometime in the future he'll [Cramer] come blubbering and whimpering on air half naked and smeared with his own feces. It'll be the buy signal of the decade. --PhatBubble
One thing I think is certain. The more the world's central banks act to suppress the cost of long term capital, the more of it the market will demand, thereby keeping upward pressure on yields until the CBs have no choice but to relent. At that point we should see a massive final blowoff similar to that which occurred in 1980 and 1981. --Doctor Stool
In a topsy turvy world, growing more and more insane by the minute, terminal eccentricities, like buying Fanny, are barely noticed--Beardrech

#23 FranciscoTheMan

FranciscoTheMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:49 PM

Shorty, the RE article in your link is priceless. Real Estate bear mana from heaven; I am surprised I missed it the first time around.

#24 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

So the value of developed world housing went up from $30 Trillion to $70 Trillion-plus these past few years during the biggest leveraged speculative bubble in human history.

"Now, like all leveraged speculative bubbles, that paper wealth simply gets washed away via asset devaluation and deflation, which is already well underway.

But $40 Trillion?

Damn, that's gonna suck."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:mellow:

:ph34r:

#25 mmoy

mmoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

of course this has been going on for years, and in this case I aSSume this guy was joking......but the funniest jokes are often based on truth :ph34r:

I am working with two other project managers to implement the "No hiring Americans program." The program is exactly what it says: Under NO circumstances does my company hire any American worker for any reason. I don't care if the worker graduated with a electrical engineering degree from MIT and is certified in MCSE, MCSD, CNE, CCNA, etc. -- if that person is an American, that person is not getting a job at my company. Period. If that person is an Indian, they're hired right away without going through any interview process. No questions asked, no strings attached. Even if his or her job experience is limited to driving a taxi cab in New York, I would hire that person over an American.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a pretty stupid comment in that someone with an EE from MIT simply wouldn't get one of those certificates. It would be like an auto-engineer getting ASE certifications.

What I heard about Intel is that they are reducing operations in India. Israel has saved Intel's butt.

#26 cwd

cwd

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

Groups of the month.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BK, where do get those lists of groups? Thanks. :D

#27 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

at this rate DELL will hit zero before end of '07

Attached Images

• dell.png

#28 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

gaSS

anyone up for a lil' knife-catching?

Attached Images

• gas.PNG

#29 traderfromhell

traderfromhell

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

jickiss is back!

and

amock

amoron

amazing

for sure, it is all most annoying, but, as your jickiss has mentioned, over and over, as long as da Zomie bears the yield that it bears,

da Boyz are in control.

but, with the mills of the gods grinding slowly
but exceedingly fine,

who, which one, show us da Man, find the Wise Man, bring in the Buddha,
find the one who can draw back the curtain or pull the strings,

and reveal, and name, the Moment when SOMETHING WILL FINALLY HAPPEN.

by means of spin, them running, or, (dare we say it????), Front Running the Markets have, in the view of your jickiss,

gotten to the point where they believe in themselves totally.

what is that word???

Hubris?

who knows and who cares....it is all about numbers at this juncture.

here is a 10 day chart of TRE, presented in the spirit of helping all them that are following along, for, better than most, your jickiss Knows well that to Win the Race, only the picture at da Wire counts, and no money is paid for leading during any particular part of the contest...

jickiss!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's hanging in on the weekly. Barely but still alive. B)
Don't steal. The government hates competition.

#30 BusKow

BusKow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

BK, where do get those lists of groups? Thanks. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TeleChart 2007 Software and Service
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart