Photo
- - - - -

IDS World Markets Thurs 13th July 06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:14 PM

Well a bit of messing around as I had similar problems to others, like the email address of which I only have one, so had to apply for a freebie. My username had to be changed slightly as well but here we are back on board (so to speak) and ready to get on with it :P

Nothing like the hassle of moving into a new place AND having the database damaged all at the same time, hey Doc? ;)

#2 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://quote.yahoo.com/m2?u

#3 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://money.cnn.com...s/morning_call/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.kitco.com

Energy futures

#4 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

We had a nice slide yesterday which I didn't get to talk about but today we've followed on from the US action with a weak bounce. All Ords currently +0.5% with IT in the lead, +1.6% and the only 2 red sectors, Telecom and Utilities are -0.3%.

Bellwethers BHP and RIO are both tentatively up at +0.8% and +1.6%. The golds are all up on light volume.

Oils are up around half a percent, also on light volume.

Not a red to be seen in Asia but on the other hand there's no huge moves. Sth Korea is +1.7% and Nikkers +1.2%.

#5 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:41 PM

Brazil Central Bank Raises 2006 CPI Estimate to 3.8%

June 28 (Bloomberg) -- Brazil's central bank raised its inflation forecast for this year and next on expectations declines in the currency and the benchmark interest rate may drive up prices for imported products and boost consumer demand.

The bank forecasts 3.8 percent inflation in 2006, up from a previous estimate of 3.7 percent in March, in its quarterly report released today. For 2007, the bank raised its inflation estimate to 4.2 percent from a 3.9 percent forecast in March.

#6 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:45 PM

Gremlins abound

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- Trading in Japan's bond market, the world's biggest, was disrupted for half the day by a computer malfunction at the nation's largest debt broker.

Japan Bond Trading Co., the nation's largest debt broker, halted trading because of problems with its system, a company statement sent to clients said. The problem has been fixed and trading will resume at 12:25 p.m. Tokyo time, the Tokyo-based company said.

--------------

Japan's Industrial Production Falls 1% From Record

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- Japan's industrial production fell more than expected in May as automakers pared back inventories because of weaker demand for cars at home.

Production declined a seasonally adjusted 1 percent after reaching a record in April, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry said today in Tokyo.

Automakers including Nissan Motor Co. say they may miss their domestic sales targets this year because of slower demand.

#7 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:47 PM

Australian Dollar Trades Near 11-Week Low on U.S. Rate Concerns

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- The Australian dollar dropped to its lowest in almost 11 weeks on concern higher U.S. interest rates will erode demand for the nation's financial assets such as government bonds as their yield margin narrows.

Expectations the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates a 17th straight time when it concludes its two-day meeting today has shrunk the yield premium investors can earn by holding Australian government bonds over U.S. Treasuries to near a two- week low. The currency was also pulled to its lows by weakness in the New Zealand dollar which slumped to its lowest in two years on concern over a deteriorating trade deficit.

#8 ALEXIUS12

ALEXIUS12
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

Well a bit of messing around as I had similar problems to others, like the email address of which I only have one, so had to apply for a freebie.  My username had to be changed slightly as well but here we are back on board (so to speak) and ready to get on with it  :P

Nothing like the hassle of moving into a new place AND having the database damaged all at the same time, hey Doc?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I TOLD him it wasn't a good idea to carry the server in the trunk of the car.

:lol:

:P

#9 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

Well a bit of messing around as I had similar problems to others, like the email address of which I only have one, so had to apply for a freebie.  My username had to be changed slightly as well but here we are back on board (so to speak) and ready to get on with it   :P

Nothing like the hassle of moving into a new place AND having the database damaged all at the same time, hey Doc?   ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I TOLD him it wasn't a good idea to carry the server in the trunk of the car.

:lol:

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes: That's Doc :lol: :lol:

#10 oilboiler

oilboiler
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

More buyers entered the market as the day progressed, pushing All Ords up 1%. IT continued to lead, +3.6% and Telecom had the least gain, flat. The index is at resistance once again.

Miners continued much the same as the morning with all closing green.

In the oils, both Woodside and Santos finished +1.1%.

Asia producing some fairly hefty gains: Taiwan +2%, China +1.7% and Nikkers +1.6%.

Over to UK/Europe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://quote.yahoo.com/m2?u

#11 wienerdog

wienerdog

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:48 AM

This just in: they aren't making any more land, hence no housing bubble. Source: Crapvision's guest anchor.

#12 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:53 AM

Well a bit of messing around as I had similar problems to others, like the email address of which I only have one, so had to apply for a freebie.  My username had to be changed slightly as well but here we are back on board (so to speak) and ready to get on with it  :P

Nothing like the hassle of moving into a new place AND having the database damaged all at the same time, hey Doc?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got that right!

Our new little house on the prairie is coming along beautifully. We'll be able to fully move in on 7/7. How's that for a good date? I'll be moving the office over there tomorrow. Just one little problem.

No toilets yet. :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#13 Guest_movdqa_*

Guest_movdqa_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:54 AM

European Money-Supply Growth Fastest in Three Years (Update1)

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- Money-supply growth in the dozen nations sharing the euro accelerated in May, expanding at the fastest pace since early 2003 after three interest-rate increases by the European Central Bank.

M3, the ECB's preferred measure of money supply, rose 8.9 percent from a year earlier, the fastest pace since April 2003, after gaining a revised 8.7 percent in April, the Frankfurt-based bank said today. The Frankfurt-based bank says M3 growth of more than 4.5 percent risks stoking inflation.

ECB council members Yves Mersch and Nicholas Garganas this week signaled the bank may step up the pace of rate increases to counter inflation. The bank started raising rates in December 2005 after flooding the region with the cheapest money in six decades.

http://www.bloomberg...=worldwide_news

When they started the currency, they indicated that they'd have a lot of discipline. I guess that eventually went out the window.

#14 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

They aren't making any more water. They aren't making any more air either, and they're both still free last time I looked.

OK, so water isn't quite free. :lol:

Did I mention that 9 of 57 new Toll Houses in my cousin's subdivision in St. Augustine are empty and for sale?

And that Toll is still building anyway?

And this is an extremely small market. The oversupply just keeps growing and growing.

Those who think the price adjustment will be limited to 30% are pulling their own chains.

Over the next 2-3 years the real estate market is going to see carnage the likes of which have never been seen before on Planet Earth.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#15 wienerdog

wienerdog

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:04 AM

A few years back some lefty wacko on TV said we were going to be having more flooding because all the new housing developments in previously undeveloped watersheds and floodplains -- all were done without proper drainage research. And that we won't know how drainage patterns are going to be changed, and places that have never flooded might flood now.

I have no idea who that was, I just remember taking a mental note of it. It might have just been on local SoCal TV.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart