- - - - -

The Potion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
161 replies to this topic

#31 ThorAss

ThorAss

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:28 AM

Hey we got ordered member numbers. B) You know what that means? Some clever dick around here can plot a graph of member numbers over time. Plot it against the Spew. Add rate of change. I my good dog, we could have a membercator. :o
I have many opinions; but I strive not to act on them.

#32 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,393 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:29 AM

Uncle Buck

Posted Image

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#33 cyclist

cyclist

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:34 AM

Hey Doc

Why are you member #21. Who were the 20 before you?

#34 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:38 AM

Great avatar, Cyclist. Think I just shit ma drawers.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#35 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,393 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:42 AM

They're all me.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#36 Guest_Gtnworse_*

Guest_Gtnworse_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:43 AM

Hey Guys,
So this is where the action is during the day. I heard that Bernstien over at Merrill has raised his bond allocation and is calling stocks "highly speculative".
Piles, are you going short via BEARX today? I thought your indicators were not there yet? Why are you changing your plan to wait for the turn?

#37 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:46 AM

$6bln in corp bond supply up for bid today. GE leads the pack.

#38 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:47 AM

Good to see you here, Gtnworse!

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#39 Injured Grizzly

Injured Grizzly

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:53 AM

Be warned bears--Bob Fartlick just said the market will be higher at the close. On Crapvision. He looked kind of defensive when he said it. :lol:

#40 razf1

razf1

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:53 AM

Added SMH short @ 28.55.

#41 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:55 AM

Thanks Greg.
Bernstein also claimed that the equity market still appears highly speculative. Such speculation, he claimed, is typically indicative of the end of a market cycle, and not of the beginning of a major bull market.
Am very impressed by Mr Bernstein this morning!!

#42 anoscope

anoscope

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:56 AM

when do the auto/truck sales post today?

#43 Guest_Gtnworse_*

Guest_Gtnworse_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:58 AM

By the way, I still do not believe it's time to short this market. But I am not a day trader!

#44 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:58 AM

HUGE DRAIN! 8B or so by my guestimate.

Temporary Open Market Operations: 12/03/2002
Maturity Date: 12/4/02
Delivery Date: 12/3/02
The Desk has entered the market announcing: O/N RP
Temporary Operations Statistics:
Treasury Collateral Operation Agency Collateral Operation Mortgage-Backed Collateral Operation
Weighted Average Rate
1.241 NA NA
Stop Out Rate (Lowest Rate Accepted) 1.240 NA NA
Highest Rate Submitted 1.250 1.260 1.270
Lowest Rate Submitted 1.200 1.220 1.220
Total Propostions Submitted (In $Bil.) 21.650 10.550 1.600
Total Propositions Accepted (In $Bil.) 2.250 0.000 0.000

Total Money Value of Operation (In $Bil.) 2.25

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:59 AM

Eric Fry (of Apogee Research - formerly Grants Investor - and Daily Reckoning fame) is on CNNfn as guest host this morning. His comments are a true fresh breath of reality - so much so that Sasha (who covers the NASDAQ) asked if they were starting to throw tomatoes yet!! :D :D :D

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart