Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Humpday 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
531 replies to this topic

#481 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:33 PM

Actually Dozer I don't think so, we get along up here in a pluralistic society where religion is separate from government. There are many voices in Canada but we got it together. I have been a Soldier like many ask any of them anywhere if they like War or if it solves anything. In the case of Bin Boy sure it is just and required in the other cases no it isn't!

#482 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:35 PM

Bearman if you like chaos or living by mob Rule well then the life style will be right up your alley and you are better armed than most. BBC News tonite focussed on what they called the "Rage in America" and wondered why? they of course brought up Shrub and the Religious right but i think it is deeper than that the American Soul is in trouble.!

I hate crowds
democraps like mob rule
I am armed for personal protection ie fear of loss of life
live and let live
all the abortion b.s. imo does not belong in politics
politicians and car salemen /deacons /preachers/ are cut from the same cloth imo
sad but the masses are asses and I do not enjoy the fact

#483 pistolpapa

pistolpapa

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:39 PM

People who try to intellectualize a poet's experience, miss the mark on meaning.

After being hit in the gut real hard by life back in the last big war, we welcomed not only Jim Morrison's lyrics but his demeanor.

Wanderin' around in the West LA and Hollywood haunts, one could see LA through his eyes.

The 'Real' Hard Rock Cafe was downtown. It had a sign that read, "The Workingman's Bar".
Behind its swinging doors you rubbed elbows with real people.

And staying in the LA cheap Morrison Hotels, one could get in touch with the kind of reality one never sees on screens.

He showed how we could free ourselves in our own rooms -- Monks who gotta buy lunch.

He showed us how we could have money or have none. We were never so broke that we couldn't leave LA.

But we couldn't stay gone long.

He was right. We could not follow him.

Because,

We found ourselves.

#484 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:43 PM

Tanks Pistol.

Night all.
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#485 traderfromhell

traderfromhell

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:48 PM

I NEED to post a Doors song. Ideas? (waiting for the sun)? ETC...

Strange Days
Don't steal. The government hates competition.

#486 dozer

dozer

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:53 PM

Actually Dozer I don't think so, we get along up here in a pluralistic society where religion is separate from government.  There are many voices in Canada but we got it together.  I have been a Soldier like many ask any of them anywhere if they like War or if it solves anything.  In the case of Bin Boy sure it is just and required in the other cases no it isn't!

hi Brian,

Sorry if I wasn't clear....I wasn't talking about 'regular' religions....or perhaps I should say 'obvious' or 'visible' religions, that we're all familiar with.

I'm talking about the things that the propaganda-machine turns -into- what are, effectively, religions. In the US, the eco-stuff is a good example of something which is lately being expressed, by a portion of believers, in religious, fanatical, terms.

As the propaganda machinery spreads to each country, it is probable that it will work the same way it has here.

Each country has its 'hot buttons'...and they will be pushed.

I hope with all my heart that Canada can avoid going any closer to the US 'model'...but the ties are so close...and what invisible ties lie under the surface?

The new agreement between the govs to return draft protesters this time around, and which puts a US commander over Canadian forces in a 'terror' scenario, seems like an example of this unhealthy and increasing intermingling of the govs.... :blink:

#487 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:04 AM

Nope Dozer there is no agreement to evict draft protesters and in fact 2 guys who deserted from Iraq are here now applying for refugee status. I can also assure you no U.S. Commander will EVER command Canadian Forces in Canada terrorism or not. In Afghan land we garrison Kabul under our Command outside Kabul is your playpen and your commander.

#488 Guest_Icky Twerp_*

Guest_Icky Twerp_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:18 AM

As concerns not knowing "anything about farming," I am likely the only one here to have had solicited and published his views in the ABA's Journal of Agricultural Lending.  Among other credentials.

Wow, I'm suitably impressed. I didn't even know there WAS such a journal.

Personally, I'm hoping Santa will bring me a diesel tractor with all the PTO implements and attachments for 'gentleman farming.'

Can you spot me a 0/0/0 loan for full value? :)

Presuming on the usual deleterious activity this time of night, I will take the liberty here of replying that I have been published before, too. The periodicals I wish to point out would be the Journal of the Mundane and the American Reference Book Review of Reference Books.

Since we're braggin' here. :lol:

Well, sure, your publication is more useful for surviving a kondratieff winter, but mine was more useful for getting by during the Twilight of the American Century. :rolleyes:

#489 dozer

dozer

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:19 AM

Nope Dozer there is no agreement to evict draft protesters and in fact 2 guys who deserted from Iraq are here now applying for refugee status. I can also assure you no U.S. Commander will EVER command Canadian Forces in Canada terrorism or not. In Afghan land we garrison Kabul under our Command outside Kabul is your playpen and your commander.

not mine brother ! not mine.... :lol:

I rearranged life to minimize supporting the matrix some years back...

Brian, I'm sure I read of just such an agreement. I will do some searching and see if I can find the source...

tanks

#490 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:21 AM

As concerns not knowing "anything about farming," I am likely the only one here to have had solicited and published his views in the ABA's Journal of Agricultural Lending.  Among other credentials.

Wow, I'm suitably impressed. I didn't even know there WAS such a journal.

Personally, I'm hoping Santa will bring me a diesel tractor with all the PTO implements and attachments for 'gentleman farming.'

Can you spot me a 0/0/0 loan for full value? :)

Presuming on the usual deleterious activity this time of night, I will take the liberty here of replying that I have been published before, too. The periodicals I wish to point out would be the Journal of the Mundane and the American Reference Book Review of Reference Books.

Since we're braggin' here. :lol:

Well, sure, your publication is more useful for surviving a kondratieff winter, but mine was more useful for getting by during the Twilight of the American Century. :rolleyes:

Huh, that's odd -- I was sure I read an article by you in the Journal of Irreproducible Research. Must have been someone else with the same name!
Of course I'm caustic!

#491 reck

reck

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:25 AM

If Rove is the Architect, and the race was bound to be tight, would he have attempted to influence the early exit polls to get them posted on Drudge in order to generate more participation among Republicans and less urgency among Democrats?

Who knows?

plunger,

i was at work yesterday and saw drudge with the exit poll info and said to everyone in the room "dont believe that, he's misleading."

i wonder.

r

#492 Guest_Icky Twerp_*

Guest_Icky Twerp_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:43 AM

I Bond Web Page

says that the current rate for Ibonds is 3.67. . .
has it just not been updated yet, or did they only raise it a pittance?

#493 Guest_Icky Twerp_*

Guest_Icky Twerp_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:45 AM

Nikkei up 100+

Who's kiting checks now, even after "the float" has been legislated away?

I can't tell you but their initials are CB

#494 Guest_Icky Twerp_*

Guest_Icky Twerp_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:48 AM

Your stash of cash will be trash after the crash.

"But i plan to burn it for warmth, later" I plead.

#495 Sea urchin

Sea urchin

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:51 AM

There's going on a huge uproar against Bush in San Francisco.

I was injured my foot a couple of days ago and unable to go see it but noises of helicopters, which seem coming closer , alarmed me.

I tuned on CNN to see what's going on but was disgusted by the rerun of Bush's speech.

This America is different from the one I thought I loved.

So sorry for the US, for the world, but on the other hand, I sympasize with non-city dwellers who hate or suspitious about Dems who are liked by people like me, liberals.

Look at Business Corporation Laws! They were about how to transfer corporate money efficiently to key corporate persons and the likes. many of who were trained in supposedly good business schools which seem to increasingly value deluted sense of morarity. End of rant...

I just feel the magnitute of problems that America faces...

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart