B4 The Bell Moonday October 25

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Bush v. Gore, the SC ran away from its ruling by saying that it can't be used as precedent. It weakened states rights and transferred then to the courts. But I don't think the SC will be able to get away from the implications of their decision anyway, since they can be applied to all states and not just Florida.

IMHO in the possible post-election chaos to come, both parties will use the contorted logic of Bush v. Gore to request court review over issues that were outside the SC's review before 2000.

Poor Rehnquist -- a Nixon appointee -- is reported to have undergone a tracheotomy, but says he will keep working.

Probably he underestimates how seriously having your throat cut open will set you back when you're 80 years old.

Part of my personal nightmare is Rehnquist sitting behind the bench in a wheelchair, on oxygen, announcing the Court's Kerry v. Bush decision in a Darth Vader voice through one of those low-fidelity speech aid appliances held to his white-taped throat ... :ph34r:

:o

:rolleyes:

Of course, this is serious and unnerving. I am somewhat surpised he held on this long, but now that Kerry v. Bush is in view, he won't quit.

A big part of the reason my computer was slow and getting slower by the day was a huge amount of emails. I cleaned out the sent items and purged the deleated emails and this thing is zooming again. I saw some people besides me complaining about it so, I figured I would share.

A big part of the reason my computer was slow and getting slower by the day was a huge amount of emails. I cleaned out the sent items and purged the deleated emails and this thing is zooming again. I saw some people besides me complaining about it so, I figured I would share.

The last time I formatted my heap,I decided to no longer use Outlook and rely on various "net mail" opportunities!

Also problem solved!

Anyone want an invite to gmail with 1Gig storage--got 5 to give away :lol: :lol:

Download and install Kolla's Spybot 1.3. Free. Be sure to search for and download the updates. Then immunize and scan for bots.

Be sure to use the junk settings in Tbird. Also, I just installed Spamihilator, also free, and loving it.

Grisoft's free AVG antivirus works great, and have a hardware FURwall. Add common sense and luck, and my rig works smooth.

Mine is one of those built by a small shop in my neighborhood. I haven't bought a new computer in years, just upgrade as I go. Last time around was when my hard drive crashed last Spring. Ended up not only with new hard drive but motherboard, box and power pack, memory, video card and OS. Same processor. AMD 1100. Works great. The guy was able to transfer all my data and programs from the old hard drive. Total cost including parts and labor was around $400. I coulda bought a new one for that price, but this was worth it because he was able to recover all my data.

Mine is one of those built by a small shop in my neighborhood. I haven't bought a new computer in years, just upgrade as I go. Last time around was when my hard drive crashed last Spring. Ended up not only with new hard drive but motherboard, box and power pack, memory, video card and OS. Same processor. AMD 1100. Works great. The guy was able to transfer all my data and programs from the old hard drive. Total cost including parts and labor was around $400. I coulda bought a new one for that price, but this was worth it because he was able to recover all my data.

You got away cheap Doc. Must have cost you a subscribatory.

Archived