Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Moonday October 25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
267 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:26 PM

Not to be dismissed lightly by anyone Machinehead. :mellow:

#227 depends

depends

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:39 PM

This little chart flips back to the sell side.

Attached Images

• mrmarket.gif

#228 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:39 PM

In Bush v. Gore, the SC ran away from its ruling by saying that it can't be used as precedent. It weakened states rights and transferred then to the courts. But I don't think the SC will be able to get away from the implications of their decision anyway, since they can be applied to all states and not just Florida.

IMHO in the possible post-election chaos to come, both parties will use the contorted logic of Bush v. Gore to request court review over issues that were outside the SC's review before 2000.

Poor Rehnquist -- a Nixon appointee -- is reported to have undergone a tracheotomy, but says he will keep working.

Probably he underestimates how seriously having your throat cut open will set you back when you're 80 years old.

Part of my personal nightmare is Rehnquist sitting behind the bench in a wheelchair, on oxygen, announcing the Court's Kerry v. Bush decision in a Darth Vader voice through one of those low-fidelity speech aid appliances held to his white-taped throat ... :ph34r:

:o

:rolleyes:

Of course, this is serious and unnerving. I am somewhat surpised he held on this long, but now that Kerry v. Bush is in view, he won't quit.

#229 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:42 PM

Tanks! ;)

Come join the dark side!

Attached Images

• Darth.jpg

#230 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

A big part of the reason my computer was slow and getting slower by the day was a huge amount of emails. I cleaned out the sent items and purged the deleated emails and this thing is zooming again. I saw some people besides me complaining about it so, I figured I would share.
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#231 The brown one

The brown one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:00 PM

A big part of the reason my computer was slow and getting slower by the day was a huge amount of emails. I cleaned out the sent items and purged the deleated emails and this thing is zooming again. I saw some people besides me complaining about it so, I figured I would share.

The last time I formatted my heap,I decided to no longer use Outlook and rely on various "net mail" opportunities!

Also problem solved!

Anyone want an invite to gmail with 1Gig storage--got 5 to give away :lol: :lol:

#232 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:13 PM

In Thunderbird, I set my options to empty the trash whenever I shut down the program.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#233 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:28 PM

Yup- you have to get rid of the trash which includes spy-ware. I just purged mine in 3 weeks there was over 200 of the buggers. ;)

#234 MrHankydoesWallStreet

MrHankydoesWallStreet

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:36 PM

Shorted QQQ today here!

Attached Images

• QQQ10.25.04AGET.gif

#235 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:38 PM

Download and install Kolla's Spybot 1.3. Free. Be sure to search for and download the updates. Then immunize and scan for bots.

Be sure to use the junk settings in Tbird. Also, I just installed Spamihilator, also free, and loving it.

Grisoft's free AVG antivirus works great, and have a hardware FURwall. Add common sense and luck, and my rig works smooth.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#236 mirac

mirac

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:46 PM

Don't think anyone has posted this story yet, ...the findings of the International Criminal Tribute re. George Bush. Not going to find this on the nightly news...

http://english.pravd...79_verdict.html

#237 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:56 PM

Mine is one of those built by a small shop in my neighborhood. I haven't bought a new computer in years, just upgrade as I go. Last time around was when my hard drive crashed last Spring. Ended up not only with new hard drive but motherboard, box and power pack, memory, video card and OS. Same processor. AMD 1100. Works great. The guy was able to transfer all my data and programs from the old hard drive. Total cost including parts and labor was around $400. I coulda bought a new one for that price, but this was worth it because he was able to recover all my data.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#238 Butterfield 8

Butterfield 8

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

Florida will be close. again. and the losing side will say that the machines were tampered with and results cannot be verified. it could lead to a repeat election on paper ballot. or not. it could lead to civil war.

#239 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:01 PM

Personally what I think will CRASH the markets (and they are already anticipating it) is the election which I think will not be decided for months-I hope for Muricans sake that I am not right! ;)

#240 traderfromhell

traderfromhell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:04 PM

Mine is one of those built by a small shop in my neighborhood. I haven't bought a new computer in years, just upgrade as I go. Last time around was when my hard drive crashed last Spring. Ended up not only with new hard drive but motherboard, box and power pack, memory, video card and OS. Same processor. AMD 1100. Works great. The guy was able to transfer all my data and programs from the old hard drive. Total cost including parts and labor was around $400. I coulda bought a new one for that price, but this was worth it because he was able to recover all my data.

You got away cheap Doc. Must have cost you a subscribatory.
Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart