Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Turdsay October 21st

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
335 replies to this topic

#46 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:25 AM

Good Morning Crew- The Long Bong is sure telling us it is a growing Economy isn't it-everything is upside down and the markets keeps chugging as the sirens wail..Window at the bell for 60 minutes, it is lookin like an up opening si I may get stopped but hey it will be with a profit-Lock nLoad! ;)

• Guests
  • 0 posts

A teaser on CNBS may have broader implications than are initially obvious:

Maria Bartaromo said:

"Gangs of Russian Cyber-Hackers may pose the greatest threat to the global economy."

Not a negative word about Russia in recent months, despite Putin's obvious anti-free market power plays....

Now we have the State Department crying foul over the Yukos deal (after the realization that they have jumped into bed with China), and CNBS is suddenly producing propoganda that would clearly position Russia in the crosshairs if/when the PPT chooses to shut down the Internet to prevent a market crash...while blaming it on "Russian CyberTerrorists"

Overthinking it?  Perhaps.  But thinking nonetheless.

If you were planning to use an internet slowdown or shutdown to prevent a collapse (something they've obviously been practicing for), you'd at least try to identify a plausible scapegoat, and if you could gain a geopolitical advantage in the process, why wouldn't you?

How would anyone know that there are "gangs of Russian cyberhackers"?  If a group or "gang" (what a deliberate choice of words) were known, they could be tracked and arrested.  Sounds like gangs of US cyber-spooks setting up a false flag operation to me.

No douby Plunger. No doubt!

The Brown Shirts are disappointed that they've taken her off of the floor of the NYSE.

If she could just scream the results of this "investigation" over the top of the hoard of screaming floor traders with the echo of the opening bell ringing in the background (in the shrill and panicked tone of which only Maria is capable), it would send the lemmings rushing to the pant leg of Dear Leader for protection from the Evil Empire.

#48 Calculus

Calculus

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Brown One

I watched a bit but have it on tape to watch later today. I read an article on the program so know what to expect.

I wonder if it will be allowed to be shown on the US networks. Unlikely in my opinion, a safer bet would be for a re-run of Friends :lol: :lol: :lol:

#49 orvack

orvack

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:30 AM

Makes sense to me..

Attached Images

• Screen2.jpg

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:35 AM

Machinehead.....
That piece on Fascism is on the spot.

Too, Income tax.....Florida nor Tennesee have a state income tax, rather they
have an income tax on 'intangibles'. Rotten BASTARDS!

#51 zensmoke

zensmoke

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:36 AM

*DJ DeVry Shares Down 23% After Fiscal 1Q Report, Downgrades

#52 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:46 AM

Look at CAT!!!
Trin crashing
2.80 open now .77
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#53 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:48 AM

I luv it-it fell on its Ass it did-the rest of this window is a minefield and the Pig ain't going to make it thru unscathed...stop still 1107. ;)

#54 purdymouth

purdymouth

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:51 AM

LOA

snap up that tech

#55 zensmoke

zensmoke

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:55 AM

SOX 400

#56 orvack

orvack

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

They are SO scared of Silver.

Dec.'04 SILVER, COMEX

#57 BumRush

BumRush

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

A teaser on CNBS may have broader implications than are initially obvious:

Maria Bartaromo said:

"Gangs of Russian Cyber-Hackers may be the greatest threat to the global economy."

Not a negative word about Russia in recent months, despite Putin's obvious anti-free market power plays....

Now we have the State Department crying foul over the Yukos deal (after the realization that they have jumped into bed with China), and CNBS is suddenly producing propoganda that would clearly position Russia in the crosshairs if/when the PPT chooses to shut down the Internet to prevent a market crash...while blaming it on "Russian CyberTerrorists"

Overthinking it?  Perhaps.  But thinking nonetheless.

If you were planning to use an internet slowdown or shutdown to prevent a collapse (something they've obviously been practicing for), you'd at least try to identify a plausible scapegoat, and if you could gain a geopolitical advantage in the process, why wouldn't you?

How would anyone know that there are "gangs of Russian cyberhackers"?  If a group or "gang" (what a deliberate choice of words) were known, they could be tracked and arrested.  Sounds like gangs of US cyber-spooks setting up a false flag operation to me.

Plunger
I believe you may be on to something.

Things seem to be coming unglued in a serious way. With so many thinking, {myself included}, a serious decline in the markets prior to the fix was not in the cards the contrarian side of me is beginning to wonder if failure is a possibility. Everyone I know with any knowledge of the markets have been very comfortable thinking the election will protect their investments until Nov 2. Perhaps the market pulls a fast one and catches the mainstream totally off guard. For the serious money one would think it would be prudent to get the hell out of Dodge before the post election melt.
The dollar weakness is very disturbing and could quickly turn into a rout. I am shocked with the lack of support thus far. They did come in and buy it at support at 86. If that gives next is 85 and then darkness.
I would suspect metals are going to break up today in a huge way unless unknown entities rescue the imploding buck.
Got a sickly feeling in my stomach these days. The gains in my portfolio have done nothing to overcome what I see as a very sad and turbulent turning point in our history. Ive seen this coming for 10 years plus and now am getting what I wished for with regards to wealth. Sadly I fear the coming pain to all I know will make my net worth a non issue.
Thanks again to Doc for bringing this community together. You guys and gals keep me sane in a world run amok. With the exception of my wife I would have nowhere else to go. We have lost some great contributors in the recent past but for the most part the core is intact. There are no words for the appreciation I feel towards the brilliance that resides here. Yobob I hope you are listening.

IMO Powers are hoping to rally prior to and just after election- to exit. If nothing else Crapvision is selling the theme that repubs will win and that markets will no longer be "uncertain" so will rise- J6 on-the-sidelines will buy into to the victory parade ('smart' ones will do this prior to the vote), wake up under the bridge without clothes and a multiyear hangover. Whether a meaningful rally can be induced and sustained is another question. pushing on a string doesn't begin to describe the situation.

Divided capital- equal bets for and vs. equities as in the continuing and strange still-near splits in A/D issues; tug of war in tnx rates- match divisions elswhere. Some holding up market, others (but more heterogenous groups) either want out-generally unaware; or want markets to fail; or quietly slipping out.... Tricky now, hard to turn on a dime w/o pre-judging too much.

Contradicting above, long and watching components of $XNG and other energy stocks set up, as well as miners, to add.

DOW -17
Gold -0.50
Posts on this site -PRICELESS

#58 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

I am in awe with some of the moves Im seeing on select stocks
War has been declared once again on the shorts
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#59 palix

palix

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:02 AM

Look at CAT!!!
Trin crashing
2.80 open now .77

Yes, a bit exciting as I was short a little bit.

But I was smiling when it was -2.50.

#60 Knucklehead Smith

Knucklehead Smith

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:03 AM

The Repugnicants will be reinstalled, regardless of the election outcome.

Maybe, but there are things we can do to see that doesn't happen.

http://www.moveonpac.org/lnvb/travel/

I for one will be taking a few days away from my comfortable life to work in a swing state.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart