Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Turdsay October 21st

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
335 replies to this topic

#316 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:11 PM

Hairy Dent... Dow 35,000... Hairy did the probes hurt when they were inserted in your arse hole or when they tried to pound the square pegs in your round hole??

#317 jstrack

jstrack

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:14 PM

There was actually a article/commentary on Harry at Gold Eagle back in 2001....If you are totally bored....here is the link....

LINK :shocked

#318 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:16 PM

HB-

I think you were thinking of Hairy Dent, who is a member of this message board. I'm pretty sure the real Harry Dent would not post here. :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#319 jstrack

jstrack

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:20 PM

Japan's markets look very manipulated tonight...

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:22 PM

Bush has delusional vote locked up. This poll shows how frightening a band of True Believers can be. Historic examples of of blindly following maniacal leaders abound.

Bush Backers Steadfast on Saddam, WMD
Jim Lobe

WASHINGTON, Oct 21 (IPS) - Three out of four self-described supporters of President George W Bush still believe pre-war Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or active programmes to produce them, and that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein gave "substantial support" to al-Qaeda terrorists, according to a survey released Thursday.

Moreover, as many or more Bush supporters hold those beliefs today than they did several months ago, before the publication of a series of well-publicised official government reports that debunked both notions

Seventy-five percent of Bush supporters said they believed Iraq was providing "substantial" support to al-Qaeda, with 20 percent asserting Baghdad was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks on New York and the Pentagon.

Sixty-three percent of Bush supporters even believed that clear evidence of such support has been found, and 60 percent believed "most experts" have reached the same conclusion.

Despite a steady flow over the past year of official statements by foreign governments and public-opinion polls showing strong opposition to the Iraq war, less than one-third of Bush supporters believed that most people in foreign countries opposed Washington having gone to war.

Two-thirds said they believed foreign views were either evenly divided on the war (42 percent) or that the majority of foreigners actually favoured the war (26 percent).

"The roots of the Bush supporters' resistance to information very likely lie in the traumatic experience of 9/11 and equally into the near pitch-perfect leadership that President Bush showed in its immediate wake," he said.

"This appears to have created a powerful bond between Bush and his supporters -- and an idealised image of the president that makes it difficult for his supporters to imagine that he could have made incorrect judgements before the war, that world public opinion would be critical of his policies or that the president could hold foreign-policy positions that are at odds with his supporters."

http://www.ipsnews.n...sp?idnews=25967

When supposedly educated people, some of whom were career military in the zero corp, will not and cannot fathom how they are being manipulated and controlled, I am amazed at the effects of the propaganda.

That said, maybe I should also say that propaganda does not form the delusions
but only assists the individual in becoming self-delusional.

B52 & FB drivers, Brown water navy types, UDT/SEAL types but ironically very few
submarine types. The characteristic common to all is follow orders.....DO NOT QUESTION ANYTHING? Further, I have noted another common theme.....of religious
blind faith....DO NOT QUESTION.

Feed the sheeple please!

#321 flockofsheeples

flockofsheeples

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:25 PM

Japan MOF Tanigaki: Watching Forex Moves Carefully

TOKYO -(Dow Jones)- Japan's Ministry of Finance stands ready to take action in currency markets if foreign exchange rates move in a way that doesn't reflect economic fundamentals, Finance Minister Sadakazu Tanigaki said Friday.

"As it says in the (Group of Seven) statement, it is a problem when foreign exchange rates don't reflect fundamentals," Tanigaki told reporters.

Read: We will reverse the dollah slide and crush all shorts.

Or we'll just talk about it. :lol:

3AM Jamorama startin early. <_<
I don't know why they call it hamburger helper...it seems to do just fine on its own-Uncle Eddie, "Family Vacation"

#322 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:31 PM

In the theatre of the absurd Allawi Chief puppet has paid out 4.3 Million $'s to the swine who support Al Sadr for- turning in their weapons- Bearman you have a fortune sitting on your front lawn. WonMug you are an educated man of Letters in a sea of goundhogs who are only consumed with Comic books, Jerry Springer, Survivor and the WWE-God how i wish it was reversed! ;)

#323 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

Is it not ironic that the World series may be between Mass. and Tex-Ass the comeback kids mirror real life, art imitates life.  Some factoids from tomorrows "Rude Awakening"..."In Sept. the U.S.  produced 4.85 Million Barrels of Oil its LOWEST monthly average in 55 years.  The U.S. produces 6% of the Worlds Oil and consumes 26%.  Chinese Oil imports are up 40% as at the end of September year over year.  Canada-eh-ships 62% of its production to the U.S."-  Shrub keep pissing Canada off and your inaugeration may be in a wagon borrowed from the Amish ;)

Alaskan oil production has been falling yearly . Ironically GWB and Cheney always respond when asked what to do about oil is to open up drilling in ANWAR. If ANWAR is like the rest of Alaska, it will be at best only postpone the oil pruduction drop within US borders.

PS Doc - I don't want to know what a hairy dent is! :o :P :D

#324 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:19 PM

While Bush was in office, I lost everything!

I am a senior citizen. During the Clinton Administration I had an
extremely good and well paying job. I took numerous vacations and had
several vacation homes. Since President Bush took office, I have watched
my entire life change for the worse. -- I lost my job. -- I lost my two
sons in that terrible Iraqi War. -- I lost my homes. -- I lost my health
insurance. -- As a matter of fact, I lost virtually everything and became
homeless. -- Adding insult to injury, when the authorities found me living
like an animal, instead of helping me, they arrested me! I just thought
all Americans would like to know how one senior citizen views the Bush
Administration. Thank you for taking time to read my letter.

Sincerely,
Saddam Hussain
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#325 purdymouth

purdymouth

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:23 PM

http://quote.bloombe...=top_world_news

The U.S. military lacks sufficient troops for post-combat "stability and reconstruction" operations, and should consider adding "significant" numbers, a review by the Pentagon's Defense Science Board found.

#326 wonmug

wonmug

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:44 PM

In the theatre of the absurd Allawi Chief puppet has paid out 4.3 Million $'s to the swine who support Al Sadr for- turning in their weapons- Bearman you have a fortune sitting on your front lawn.  WonMug you are an educated man of Letters in a sea of goundhogs who are only consumed with Comic books, Jerry Springer, Survivor and the WWE-God how i wish it was reversed!  ;)

Nice to see Uncle being even-handed, doling out cash for what are likely obsolete/ non-functional weapons- very democratic. Arms dealers should be pleased they'll be able to upgrade now.

...an educated man of Letters in a sea of goundhogs...

Hardly... I got me summa dose letters, but nuttin ta do wit any of dis stuff... just have an over-developed BS detector, scrambling to keep my membership in the "reality-based community":

"The aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who ‘believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. ‘We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. ...We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.'''

(Ron Suskind, Without a Doubt)
While reading that piece, it struck me the original inhabitants of this continent judiciously studied discernible reality also, practically and spiritually. Then a bunch of "actors" appeared in boats. Maybe I'll live long enough to get a hint of who comes out ahead this time...

#327 Guest_Icky Twerp_*

Guest_Icky Twerp_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:57 PM

Carriers raise domestic airfares

A round-trip ticket from most major airlines has just gone up another $10, marking the third increase in a month by major carriers to cover record fuel prices.

Continental Airlines joined this move Wednesday as the price of a barrel of oil briefly climbed above $55 before sliding back to close at $54.92.

Attached Images

• fuelcost.jpg

#328 zensmoke

zensmoke

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:43 AM

Check out KLAC....

They dryhumped her during the entire AH session, closed at the high tick of the session......

BRCM, XLNX, ALTR are red, but I bet they'll be gapped up in the PreMarket when all the Tout Houses will issue upgrades.

Think about it.

There has been no upgrades in the SOX whatsoever the last 3 months.

All downgrades to push the Fumble Managers out of these stocks to make room for the HedgeFunds who are going to HeatMap the SOX to "make their year" in the 4th quarter.

Looking ahead, Xilinx projects third-quarter revenue will be down 2 percent to 6 percent from the second quarter. anal cysts expect the company to report earnings per share of 25 cents in the third quarter on revenue of $411.3 million, according to First Call.

The company said it will give a third-quarter business update on Dec. 8.

http://biz.yahoo.com...s_xilinx_1.html

UPDATE 2-Broadcom sees steep revenue drop in 4th-quarter
Thu Oct 21, 2004 06:25 PM ET
(Adds outlook, stock movement, anal cyst comments, byline)
By Daniel Sorid

SAN FRANCISCO, Oct 21 (Reuters) - Broadcom Corp. (BRCM.O: Quote, Profile, Research) , a maker of communications microchips, on Thursday warned that sales in the current quarter could drop as much as 18 percent as customers delayed orders, ending a three-year string of quarterly revenue gains.

The chip maker, whose products are used in computers, cable modems, satellite television boxes and other electronics, blamed a surplus of chips held by customers, as well as a long-expected drop in sales of chips that work with Intel Corp.-based (INTC.O: Quote, Profile, Research) computer servers.

http://yahoo.reuters...21667017_newsml

Analog Devices Guides Lower

By K.C. Swanson
TheStreet.com Staff Reporter
10/21/2004 1:18 PM EDT
Analog Devices (ADI:NYSE - news - research) said Thursday it expects fourth-quarter results to fall below its earlier guidance, echoing a familiar refrain among chipmakers that sales failed to pick up at the end of the quarter.

But the stock shrugged off the warning amid a mildly positive day on the Nasdaq to climb $1.32, or 3.5%, to $39.58 in recent trading.

The Norwood, Mass.-based analog semiconductor company said it expects sales in the range of $630 million to $640 million for the quarter ending Oct. 30, down 10% to 12% from the prior quarter.

In August, the company had forecast sales to be about flat with the prior quarter's level of $718 million.

The revised earnings per share outlook is now 33 cents to 35 cents. Previously, ADI had guided for earnings to be even with the prior quarter's level of 43 cents.

http://www.thestreet...s/10189606.html

Leadis Tech shares fall on Q4 forecast
By Carolyn Pritchard, CBS MarketWatch.com
Last Update: 12:53 AM ET Oct. 22, 2004 
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Shares of Leadis Technology fell 36 percent in late trade Thursday after the company issued a fourth-quarter forecast below anal cyst expectations, citing lower sales for its light-emitting diode technologies.

The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based stock fell to $10.80 in after-hours action, down $6.14.

Leadis (LDIS: news, chart, profile), which makes mixed-signal semiconductors used in small panel displays, said it expects to post net earnings of 7 cents to 9 cents a share for the fourth quarter.

On a pro forma basis, the company forecast per-share earnings of 10 cents to 12 cents a share. Revenue is expected to come in between $33 million and $36 million.

Three anal cysts polled by Thomson First Call are looking for earnings of 17 cents a share, and two anal cysts are forecasting fourth-quarter revenue of $45 million.

http://www.marketwat.....0D58B38D1BCC}

Triquint Semi sinks amid loss outlook
By August Cole, CBS.MarketWatch.com
Last Update: 7:09 PM ET Oct. 21, 2004 
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- TriQuint Semiconductor shares fell more than 5 percent late Thursday after the chipmaker reported a narrowed third-quarter net loss but forecast more red ink.
TriQuint's (TQNT: news, chart, profile) loss came to $4.1 million, or 3 cents a share, compared with a loss of $5.8 million, or 4 cents a share, in the same period a year earlier.

anal cysts on average, according to Thomson First Call, forecast a per-share loss of 4 cents a share.

Revenue for the quarter came to $89.7 million, up from $78.8 million last year.

For the fourth quarter, Triquint expects revenue of $76 million to $80 million and a 5 cent to 7 cent a share loss. That forecast excludes a noncash impairment charge for certain assets. The First Call revenue estimate for the quarter was $94 million, on average.

Triquint said its bookings in the third quarter had fallen, and it had a book-to-bill ratio of 0.81 to 1.

http://www.marketwat.....E039633D3628}

Associated Press
Alliance Semiconductor 2Q Loss Wider
Thursday October 21, 6:02 pm ET

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Alliance Semiconductor Corp. on Thursday said posted a steeper loss in its fiscal 2005 second quarter.

http://biz.yahoo.com...alliance_1.html

#329 zensmoke

zensmoke

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:50 AM

Some earnings warnings for OCT 20 and 21
 CZR  Caesar&apos;s Entmnt
 ECL  Ecolab
 LLY  Eli Lilly
 YRK  York Intl
 NDE  IndyMac Banc
 CCBL  C-COR.net
 PRGX  PRG-Schultz
 FPL  FPL Group
 APPX  American Pharm
 ETR  Entergy
 LEA  Lear Corp
 XRX  Xerox Corp
 ADI  Analog Devices
 MYL  Mylan Labs
 MYG  Maytag
 FR  First Ind. Rlty
 STM  STMicroelectronics
 ERES  eResearchTech
 ALTR  Altera
 PMCS  PMC-Sierra
 KMI  Kinder Morgan
 ALL  Allstate
 POWI  Power Integrations
 KNSY  Kensey Nash
 BCGI  Boston Comm
 PLNR  Planar Systems
 RARE  Rare Hospitality
 MANH  Manhattan Assoc
 COT  Cott Corp
 CFC  Countrywide
 LAUR  Laureate Education
 REVU  Princeton Review
 RETK  Retek
 TER  Teradyne
 WHR  Whirlpool

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:25 AM

Hot Stock Price Projection.

On LOB

Click Here

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart