Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Frieday October 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
281 replies to this topic

#241 The brown one

The brown one

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:52 PM

LINK How Presidential I am sure Chirac and France will be pleased. :blink:

With a weeping ,a wailing and a gnashing of teeth I'll bet het went to agony aunt Karl
who told him what to say!Not a man who can think on his feet--cos' he can't think at all.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:02 PM

Sherlock........i have a fairly substantial account with XPRESSTRADE...and
everything went smooth today...............it was very hairy yesterday though.

My experience with XPRESSTRADE is that they are a real Stand-Up act.

Everything went smoothly today (a massive up day)...and things went badly yesterday with a Denial Of Service Attack on yet another online brokerage on a day when the DOW was having a coronary thanks to MRK...this on top of last Fridays attack on Ameritrade's site.

JUST ANOTHER AMAZING COINCIDENCE...RIGHT, AL?

For anyone who has yet to be convinced, we now have such a clear pattern of these denial of service attacks...which ONLY occur on critical days with massive sell side pressure...that it would be ludicrous to draw any conclusion other than the Plunge Protection Team intervening in the markets with their UNCONVENTIONAL MEASURES.

The comments herein about criminals in the Baltic and ransom being paid is all totally bullshit. The FBI isn't doing a thing about it, because it is the United States Treasury Department that is the culprit. This has been standard operating procedure for the past 18 months, with not less than seven such attacks that I know of. Ameritrade will not discuss it - other than to say "we are investigating."

Don't ignore the reality. I've brought it to the attention of the SEC, the FBI knows about it, but you will not read a word about it in the media - nobody in a position of authority will speak of it, and nothing will ever be done to stop it. Who's not in favor of protecting the markets from going down? It's almost patriotic...right?

Consider the results...

Everytime a Denial Of Service Attack occurs on a down day, investors remain stuck in their positions until such time as the selling pressure comes off. By that time, the PPT has turned the markets northbound, investors who were going to sell are glad they didn't - and the money stays in the brokerage account. This actually benefits the brokerage and the markets. Brokers BENEFIT from outages on critical down days. They will tell you that this is costing them money as they are not able to make commissions...but it's not relevant as compared to losing the confidence of the investing public. they know exactly what's going on...and they either condone it or enable it, while leaving themselves in a position of plausible denial.

If there were some sinister criminals out there wanting to hold brokerage houses up for ransom, they would pick days like today to do their attacks...as it would have cost any online brokerage considerably more to have been disabled on this high volume up day than on a low volume down day. It is completely illogical that these attacks are the work of someone with "ransom" as a criminal profit motive.

Nice try though!

#243 NWD

NWD

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 497 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:17 PM

Plunger;

No. No. No. No. No.

I'm telling you it's two Polish teenagers operating out of the Starbucks in Cracow.

The authorities are completely helpless.

These kids are slick.

#244 HiHat

HiHat

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:20 PM

Plunger.......it will stop soon. When dominoes set up after distributions
from hell.......the pigs will pull the plug and LIQUIDATE the pigeons.

Being properly positioned..of course..they will then Re-set the Gameboard
and start anew..................

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:26 PM

Not so. America's pension plans are at stake, and the market must be kept up at all costs...forever.

#246 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:45 PM

Plugnpay went down for most of the day yesterday as a result of a denial of service attack.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#247 The brown one

The brown one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:46 PM

Not so. America's pension plans are at stake, and the market must be kept up at all costs...forever.

Ah,but there's the rub.They need to keep the market at around these levels for the next 15-20years so that inflation takes its toll.But can they do it--that is the question!

#248 Bobbing Head Bear

Bobbing Head Bear

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:52 PM

Other than MH's presentation of Fannie's B/S. We havent had much discussion here about her. Whats up???

Me think this is the event we have all been waiting for..... Ranger Rick and Rog have pointed out there has been MASSIVE selling in the Treasuries in the last few days. What other clues should we be looking for? IF you were Al, what would you do? Anyone here have a position on her yet? Think she is terminal like WCON and Enron? Will they drag her around like Bernie until the stench becomes unbearabul?

What is the over/under time frame for the 9001 hedgehogs to lose all its money so we can continue this BEAR? Blaming the matrix is really sad... (for most of us) trying to out gamble each other and thinking you can or should win is moronic. The game will be here until we all lose all our money. This is a bull mkt is metals and a bear in paper... Just position and hold.

#249 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:27 PM

Other than MH's presentation of Fannie's B/S. We havent had much discussion here about her. Whats up???

Me think this is the event we have all been waiting for..... Ranger Rick and Rog have pointed out there has been MASSIVE selling in the Treasuries in the last few days. What other clues should we be looking for? IF you were Al, what would you do? Anyone here have a position on her yet? Think she is terminal like WCON and Enron? Will they drag her around like Bernie until the stench becomes unbearabul?

What is the over/under time frame for the 9001 hedgehogs to lose all its money so we can continue this BEAR? Blaming the matrix is really sad... (for most of us) trying to out gamble each other and thinking you can or should win is moronic. The game will be here until we all lose all our money. This is a bull mkt is metals and a bear in paper... Just position and hold.

BHB - This market was 11,700 foot redwood a few years back, majestic and indestructable. It is now a 10,200 foot toothpick, pasted with Al's gingival ooze on top and planted with FNM's Preparation H at the bottom. Every time they try to paste a twig or two on it (MSFT, EBAY, CTX, etc.), two more fall off. It's taking a lot of work to keep up the facade.

Once they have to start reconstructing FNM and, therefore, the USD (I believe it's roots are that deep), there is no way this stick can stand as tall.

Of course, reading this market as allegory has got me nowhere this year. What made sense 2000-2003 what equities. You are so right about commodities. Those who are short at the right time will have a shot at getting the best seat on the Titanic (another allegory).

Maybe I should look at it this way - eff or be effed. It's the only allegory that works anymore.

#250 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:37 PM

machinehead-

I was so inspired by your above post that I hope you don't mind if I put it on the Stool home page.

Yikes!

What did I say? :blink:

* flips thru Rolodex searching for 'entertainment lawyer' * :lol:
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#251 Pee Brain

Pee Brain

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

from sleddies post - doesnt this sound a little harsh?

Drisko Lobster
Lincolnville, ME
A Lincolnville lobster dealer who used Canadian-built boats to transport lobster along the Maine coast has gone out of business after federal officials said he was violating the law. Colby Drisko, owner of Drisko Lobster, said he has laid off his 15 workers and plans to sell one of his boats and find a new line of work following the ruling by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Service. Drisko ran two boats, the 40-foot Sarah Belle and the 44-foot Lobstar, to haul bait to Vinalhaven, North Haven, Islesboro, Isle au Haut and Matinicus and return with loads of lobster, some 1.3 million pounds last year. The customs service in July told Drisko that because the boats were built in Canada, he was in violation of the Jones Act, a federal law that, among other things, restricts the use of foreign-built boats for hauling cargo. Drisko said he believed he was within the law because of an amendment adopted in the early 1930s that exempts foreign-built boats used by U.S. citizens in the fisheries industry.
Approximate Affected Workforce: 1-50
Iat least we're all safe for now. thank God we're in a bowling alley.

#252 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

A viewpoint from a non-hostage Media. Canada's Global TV Network has been touring the U.S. and interviewing and polling as they go-tonight they were in Ohio one of the battleground States. In Canton the home of the Football Hall of Fame, Timken Steel their largest Employer is about to shut down for good leaving a few thousand out of work but somehow the President and CEO found the time to raise 600 Grand for the Idiot Prince. Canton and Cleveland like the Country are totally polarized, the haves with a job and tax cuts versus the have nots with neither-the anger of the have nots is palpable, the complacencey of the haves is equal. Having watched this series over time I come to the same conclusion Globals polling does this thing is closer than it looks and closer than the random National polls suggest. I will bet on anger anytime over complacency! ;)

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:49 PM

from sleddies post - doesnt this sound a little harsh?

Drisko Lobster
Lincolnville, ME
A Lincolnville lobster dealer who used Canadian-built boats to transport lobster along the Maine coast has gone out of business after federal officials said he was violating the law. Colby Drisko, owner of Drisko Lobster, said he has laid off his 15 workers and plans to sell one of his boats and find a new line of work following the ruling by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Service. Drisko ran two boats, the 40-foot Sarah Belle and the 44-foot Lobstar, to haul bait to Vinalhaven, North Haven, Islesboro, Isle au Haut and Matinicus and return with loads of lobster, some 1.3 million pounds last year. The customs service in July told Drisko that because the boats were built in Canada, he was in violation of the Jones Act, a federal law that, among other things, restricts the use of foreign-built boats for hauling cargo. Drisko said he believed he was within the law because of an amendment adopted in the early 1930s that exempts foreign-built boats used by U.S. citizens in the fisheries industry.
Approximate Affected Workforce: 1-50

PB......Someone else wants the action....shades of Armand Hammer, Occidental.

#254 traderfromhell

traderfromhell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

Mortimer bought. I still think this is a lottery ticket on the price of Gold long term. Rand has topped.

Attached Images

• drooy.png

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

#255 Dustbowl

Dustbowl

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:01 PM

And don't forget Poland, yeah, yeah, Poland, that's right. And many others. There is a strong coalition that want uh, uh, peace, yeah yeah, peace. uh, uh,......Nukular Terrahists's don't like freedom and people who do like freedom well, uh uh, they like freedom...... Damnit, I knew Osama was the fella that attacked us, you don't have to tell me dat, I already knew that, uh, uh but Saddam was a dictator and uh, uh, he wanted WMD......DADDY, HELP ME!! Where is Karl, where is Karen, that guy is a flip-flopper, yeah a flop-flipping flopper flipper.

Editorial comment: It was nice to see a pious little playground bully get his ass kicked. I don't even care if he wins, I want him to suffer.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart