B4 The Bell Thursday September 30

Hiding Bear

Heh heh, "Nucular" - what an idiot.

Thought "moo-lah" was slang for money and "mul-lah" was a religious leader? :blink:

Bush has been protected by the press and his office from answering tough questions. This is all new to him. Unlike Tony Blair who daily answers his critics face to face.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We tell others "no nuclear weapons" yet we have new development programs of

our own!

What kind of message is that?

What kind of a nation do we want to be?

How do we set examples with others?

Didn't know Kerry was so strong on anti-proliferation.

Learned something new here.

Wow, Joe Scarborough of all people just credited Kerry with a clear victory.

In my view, this was a good old fashioned butt kicking in the tradition of Kennedy/Nixon. Kerry came across as more wise and more experienced than Bush. Bush came across as desperate and panicky. Kerry should get a good pop in the poles from this debate.

Guest Icky Twerp

Trying to stay objective--

Tho't Bush staid on message well, using tried-and-true sound-bites effectively over-and-over-and-over-again.

Kerry seemed too passive to me, unemotional, almost uninvolved. . .let Bush get away with too much BS.

Undecided Voters on CBS say Kerry won. . .

WTFDIK.

To me, like watching two russians debate ballet techniques for all the relation it had to reality, as I see it.

Yes Kerry was a clear winner ..he is no genius but he is an Internationalist and Dammit we live in a World where Canada's opinion or Germany's or France's or Poland's has some weight. The threats that face the World are not unique to the U.S. and the U.S. does not have all the answers. Well all nations respect the U.S. opinions they in turn should respect the rest of the worlds opinions. Bush sadly has reduced America to a shell whereby if not for the rest of the world they would be selling pencils on the street corner. The sooner the smirking Chimp is gone the better off all of us citizens of Planet earth will be! ;)

Yes Kerry was a clear winner ..he is no genius but he is an Internationalist and Dammit we live in a World where Canada's opinion or Germany's or France's or Poland's has some weight. The threats that face the World are not unique to the U.S. and the U.S. does not have all the answers. Well all nations respect the U.S. opinions they in turn should respect the rest of the worlds opinions. Bush sadly has reduced America to a shell whereby if not for the rest of the world they would be selling pencils on the street corner. The sooner the smirking Chimp is gone the better off all of us citizens of Planet earth will be! ;)

Good read B4- ;)

C-Span is now replaying the debate.

I thought Kerry did a better job expressing his position vs Bush.

However, the spin-doctors in general in the post-debate shows are saying

"what Bush really meant to say" and stuff like trying to re-write the script.

That is the the thing to watch out for as its how the Media controls our minds.

It was plainer to me tonight than ever why this country is in such trouble. perhaps on the verge of a collapse. I am remembering what life felt like before all this began. before these power freaks came into office. how all of the priorities of my life changed, how I could have lived easily off the interest on a savings account. the mentality that set the world at war and murdered for oil rather than buying it will be our undoing. even if we get rid of the cowboy, it will be 50 years before we can repair this damage. if that is even possible. Think about what your life was about on September 10th, 2001. and now.

UH Huh

Who won the debate?

John Kerry 50%

George Bush 50%

Did it change the candidate you support?

No 73%

Yes, I now support Kerry 17%

Yes, I now support Bush 10%

Total Votes: 93,386

AOL Poll

Archived