B4 The Bell Moonday September 20

Hiding Bear

Two items regarding the attitude of CBS about this story are telling. In a thorough review of the case that appeared in the Washington Post on September 19th, Howard Kurtz, Michael Dobbs, and James V. Grimaldi report that during the vetting process at CBS, the memos were made available for review to the White House and that Communications Director Dan Bartlett, who was furnished with copies, was interviewed by CBS correspondent John Roberts. Following that interview, Roberts reported to producer Mary Mapes that "Bartlett was not challenging the authenticity of the documents." Kurtz, Dobbs, and Grimaldi write that CBS was "so relieved" at the news that it cut from its report an interview with "a handwriting expert who had examined the memos." They quote "60 Minutes" executive producer Josh Howard as saying "we completely abandoned the process of authenticating the documents. . . we stopped questioning ourselves."

http://www.opinioneditorials.com/freedomwr...e_20040920.html

Very telling indeed. The statement that they were "so relieved" that they "stopped questioning" themselvs is dripping with bias. I can just imagine them smiling and congratulating each other - they were finally going to get Bush. I'm no fan of Bush - in fact I'm sick to my stomach at the propect of 4 more years of war mongering. But this was amateur hour at CBS. They blew it - big time.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just as a distanced observer making a non political statement... seems that the Dems are really being out smarted, out witted, out calculated, out manuvered and simply out classed by the Repubs at EVERY turn.  Dems have been sub par in every effort and contest, including in the selection of their candidate.

I wish the geniuses would turn their vast talents to actually running the country.

dude, no kidding! :lol:

We all know about the Hurricanes and now there is another one behind Jean. We all know this is a "El Nino year" but not many know that British Columbia and Californicate are the poster children for "El Nino" years the effects are felt first. In B.C. we had the hottest, driest Summer ever and have followed that with the wettest and coolest September ever. Usually we enjoy what is called an Indian Summer that runs from (9/15 to 10/15)-not this year. Whistler just had a snowfall of a foot with more to come and they aren't even scheduled to open for 2 months. Northern B.C. has had record early snowfall and cold for 3 straight weeks and the Northern farmers crops of wheat, canola and barley are toast. B.C.'s NG provider Terasen gas has said their weather people have predicted a Snowy, Cold and generally wetter winter than normal as have others and they are offering a hedge on prices which I am locking in. The Sun Spot cycle has peaked and with El Nino North America is in for an old fashioned winter-get ready! ;)

We all know about the Hurricanes and now there is another one behind Jean. We all know this is a "El Nino year" but not many know that British Columbia and Californicate are the poster children for "El Nino" years the effects are felt first. In B.C. we had the hottest, driest Summer ever and have followed that with the wettest and coolest September ever. Usually we enjoy what is called an Indian Summer that runs from (9/15 to 10/15)-not this year. Whistler just had a snowfall of a foot with more to come and they aren't even scheduled to open for 2 months. Northern B.C. has had record early snowfall and cold for 3 straight weeks and the Northern farmers crops of wheat, canola and barley are toast. B.C.'s NG provider Terasen gas has said their weather people have predicted a Snowy, Cold and generally wetter winter than normal as have others and they are offering a hedge on prices which I am locking in. The Sun Spot cycle has peaked and with El Nino North America is in for an old fashioned winter-get ready! ;)

Redwood City Calif "Best Weather by Government Test" really, is getting a very early cold spell, county work crews were working my area last week and told me the ocean is 1 degree warmer-rain and cold..reminds me of puyallup..

We all know about the Hurricanes and now there is another one behind Jean. We all know this is a "El Nino year" but not many know that British Columbia and Californicate are the poster children for "El Nino" years the effects are felt first. In B.C. we had the hottest, driest Summer ever and have followed that with the wettest and coolest September ever. Usually we enjoy what is called an Indian Summer that runs from (9/15 to 10/15)-not this year. Whistler just had a snowfall of a foot with more to come and they aren't even scheduled to open for 2 months. Northern B.C. has had record early snowfall and cold for 3 straight weeks ... The Sun Spot cycle has peaked and with El Nino North America is in for an old fashioned winter-get ready! ;)

Hey, down here in the SW desert (drouth, forest fires, wells drying up), we beg for El Nino :cry: You welcome to keep the cold tho :grin:

Brian is going to have a bit of a rant-this morning Doc indicated a member of our family had received hate e-mail from some who went beyond legitimate debate and attacked him personally. I did not know who that was until 2 minutes ago when i was Pm'ed. The Stoolie in question is Sleddy one of the stalwarts of our thread. Al is a good honest Guy and y'know Al and I are far apart in our political leanings yet are and have been fast friends for a long time. You see that is the "KEY" to a relationship disagreeing yet getting along good people can debate, disagree and carry on. Small minds can't-there is a saying in the Military-"you get along or you go along". Whoever the losers were that sent the personal attacks don't let me know who you are just fade away on your own cause if I find out you will be gone. For Sleddys friends pls do what I;ve done which is apologize and lets get him back-Brian

Brian is going to have a bit of a rant-this morning Doc indicated a member of our family had received hate e-mail from some who went beyond legitimate debate and attacked him personally. I did not know who that was until 2 minutes ago when i was Pm'ed. The Stoolie in question is Sleddy one of the stalwarts of our thread. Al is a good honest Guy and y'know Al and I are far apart in our political leanings yet are and have been fast friends for a long time. You see that is the "KEY" to a relationship disagreeing yet getting along good people can debate, disagree and carry on. Small minds can't-there is a saying in the Military-"you get along or you go along". Whoever the losers were that sent the personal attacks don't let me know who you are just fade away on your own cause if I find out you will be gone. For Sleddys friends pls do what I;ve done which is apologize and lets get him back-Brian

That really upsets me a great deal.

A day or two I asked Sleddog to tell me his views on the coming election.

He did not post a reply, instead, he sent me a PM which strongly outlines his

views. I had not yet rplied to him because his thinking is so much like that

of my sister, which was a view I truly wanted to understand without the family/

emotional biases. Yet his views were so different from mine.

So I was taking time to consider the best, kindest way to respond to him.

Sleddy had been such a devoted and valued contributor here, that I have

respect for him and his views.... EVEN WHEN I DON'T AGREE!!

I feel like when JFK was killed... how dare some one take it upon themselves to

attack someone else that everyone admires and respects.

Not to suggest that Sleddy is like JFK, but rather its the principle of the matter.

How many times have I said that it's important to say what you feel up front and

center with the group? DAMMIT, that's what group dynamics is all about.

So we don't know what somebody said to Sleddy behind the scenes, but it must

have been pretty unkind because Sleddy seems to have a pretty tough skin.

Who ever did this, let me ask: Do you feel happy? Does it make you feel superior

that you have hurt another caring human being? Who made you the Goc?

Sleddy, we love you even if your views do not match what seems to be the majority here. The essential part of democracy is that all views may be heard!!!!!

Please stay with us and contribute as you have in the past. That part we all love.

You have been generous with your time, with your posts, and as you told me in

a private PM, you tried to limit your political posts to 2 per day.

So I must say, you had only been modest in posting your personal views, so

whoever attacked you has to be just a plain ole asshole.

Amen.

Twig, I appreciate your response, and agree that CBS should have been much more careful, from a journalistic point of view and even more from a strategic point of view, (if they are out to expose Bush). Using the term "bias" reflects bias. There really is no such thing as objective reporting.

Tearing into Rather over these phoney documents is a bit like questioning decades old phoney jay walking citations of someone like John Dillinger , when he should be hung for capitol crimes. Rather's "bias" pales in comparison to the blatant lies and warmongering of CNN, FOX and the other mobsters who masquerade as the free media.

True, Andrew Gilligan's fate was sealed when he went up against Blair on the state controlled BBC and that was obvious state censorship. When the opposite occurs, when the media exerts strong control over the state, it's a bit more difficult to delineate the two, to define their symbiotic relationship and to understand where the locus of control lies. When the FAA relaxed it's regulatory role and allowed intense consolidation, in a "let's be friends" gesture, honest reporting was doomed. That doesn't stop the blathering matrix talking heads from trying to maintain the fiction that they just report rather than create and control the news.

The CIA, a very strong governmental body, so strong that is almost an automous state itself, is attempting to reassert control over the executive, unseat Bush and dictate to corporate media. It will be interesting to see who wins. It's a pitched battle between complete bast**ds.

Hi Brian4,

I don't write often but one thing that will make me do so is a personal attack on

others.

Not that it matters much but i sent a PM to Brian4, a while back, he might not

even remeber, that my politics are different (maybe more than a stream wide Brian4) but that i respected him and follow him as a student of his expertise.

I hope Sleddy dosen't let a small minded attack keep him from staying on board. This name calling stuff is preciously what causes the hate mongoring that we

see throughout the world. If we are burning in a fire do we yell out, only save

me if your of a certain political persuasion? When we see a family in a car wreck

do we check for bumper stickers before we call for help.

Small minds are like flatulence on the progress of humanity, we're better off letting them blow and vaporize,

Best Day

Best Trading

patriot

Archived