Photo

Greener Pastures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:33 AM

I have become increasingly pessimistic as I witness the stealth with which this government has moved, and the willingness of the public to either applaud, or quietly acquiesce. It has the feel the late 1920s early 1930s Germany. The parallels are frightening.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 mirac

mirac

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:20 AM

man o man,  I encurage everyone to think about this statement  "Where on this planet is a place for people who just want to live their lives peacefully without a government constantly breathing down their backs and stealing everything they produce? Nowhere to be found."

Soup...there is a place and it is called Panama. Tax free, benefits to retirees, relatively speaking cheap real estate, good medical care at much better prices, clean water, fertile soil, people can speak English around the country because of the building of the Panama Canal, no hurricanes, no active volcanoes, civilized ie lower crime rates, higher elevations outside the big Panama city if your not into beach living and hot temperatures, DSL connections available in most major areas, home of 180 banks, many ex-patriots, etc

Planning on leaving Canada this fall sometime...trying to clean up loose ends and I'm gone.

http://www.panamainf...?categoria=home

http://www.escapeartist.com

Check out various sites and their links and explore. I'll be able to report about it soon enough!

Mirac

#3 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:49 AM

man o man,  I encurage everyone to think about this statement  "Where on this planet is a place for people who just want to live their lives peacefully without a government constantly breathing down their backs and stealing everything they produce? Nowhere to be found."

Soup...there is a place and it is called Panama. Tax free, benefits to retirees, relatively speaking cheap real estate, good medical care at much better prices, clean water, fertile soil, people can speak English around the country because of the building of the Panama Canal, no hurricanes, no active volcanoes, civilized ie lower crime rates, higher elevations outside the big Panama city if your not into beach living and hot temperatures, DSL connections available in most major areas, home of 180 banks, many ex-patriots, etc

Planning on leaving Canada this fall sometime...trying to clean up loose ends and I'm gone.

http://www.panamainfo.com

http://www.escapeartist.com

Check out various sites and their links and explore. I'll be able to report about it soon enough!

Mirac

Mirac,

Please keep us informed.

While I enjoy the escapeartist.com site, be aware that its editorial policy (like USA Today) is to "accent the positive."

I've read glowing reports about various countries there, and then in subsequent correspondence with others, have gotten much more balanced (and sometimes negative) appraisals.

My concern about Panama is that Bush I invaded it a few years ago ... just as Reagan had invaded Grenada in 1985. There's the implication that it could happen again.

Unfortunately most Central American and Caribbean countries are rather small in population, with limited military capability. The U.S. has meddled for decades in the region, and regards them as easy "pushovers." In all probability, the CIA is still running drugs through most of these countries to fund its black ops. :(
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#4 Butterfield 8

Butterfield 8

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:58 AM

MH - that is my concern about Panama as well. Anti- American sentiment is not high there currently. But it has been in the past and could be again if the US takes over.

#5 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:03 PM

For Gawd sake you guys.

JUST MARRY A NEWFIE, INSTANT CANADIAN CITZEN. :D

IF YOU CAN"T FIND A WOMEN MARRY A MAN. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and as far as FOCKERS IN SASKATCHEWAN.

Well there are just as many STUPID FOCKERS in Sas Catch A Wand as anywhere else. :wink2: :wink2:

:lol:

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#6 mirac

mirac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:32 PM

Soup...edited the panamainfo link on origianl post-should have looked it up-sorry about that Chief! Here's the proper link...

http://www.panamainf...?categoria=home

#7 mirac

mirac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

MH - that is my concern about Panama as well. Anti- American sentiment is not high there currently. But it has been in the past and could be again if the US takes over.

Butterfield8...the whole world dislikes the US! If the US ends up in a civil war, there won't be any concerns about taking over third world countries-the US military will have its hands full!

#8 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:40 PM

MH - that is my concern about Panama as well.  Anti- American sentiment is not high there currently. But it has been in the past and could be again if the US takes over.

To any folk thinking seriously about vamoosing, may I recommend "Strategic Relocation" by Joel Skousen.

http://www.joelskous.../strategic.html

As I recall, Skousen is not keen on South or Central America for US ex-pats.

He seems to expect a drastic upsurge of anti-American and Marxist sentiment.

Thanks for the link. I'll check that out.

Anti-Americanism cuts both ways. Countries too close to America politically end up letting in the three-letter CIA/DEA/FBI types who scurry about like cockroaches, destabilizing and corrupting the country ... or worse, sending 'peacekeepers' for America's putrid foreign wars and occupations.

Ideally, you might want to live in an officially anti-American country that keeps the U.S. at arm's length ... but whose citizens are nevertheless friendly on an individual level.

- our jickiss

#9 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:47 PM

MH - that is my concern about Panama as well.  Anti- American sentiment is not high there currently. But it has been in the past and could be again if the US takes over.

To any folk thinking seriously about vamoosing, may I recommend "Strategic Relocation" by Joel Skousen.

Anti-Americanism cuts both ways. Countries too close to America politically end up letting in the three-letter CIA/DEA/FBI types who scurry about like cockroaches, destabilizing and corrupting the country ... or worse, sending 'peacekeepers' for America's putrid foreign wars and occupations.

Ideally, you might want to live in an officially anti-American country that keeps the U.S. at arm's length ... but whose citizens are nevertheless friendly on an individual level.

I suspect that even "muslim" countries would qualify. Indonesia was a very welcoming place when I visited it... there was the feeling that one could knock on any stranger's door and immediately be offered a banana leaf full of rice and a friendly bunch with whom to eat it.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#10 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

Hey Sudaca, what about Peyu?

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#11 twignberries

twignberries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:51 PM

How about Australia? Peacefull like Canada, but far away from the US. Thailand is a beautiful place too - and cheap.
When the last living thing has died on account of us, how poetical it would be if Earth could say, in a voice floating up perhaps from the floor of the Grand Canyon, “It is done.” People did not like it here.

- Kurt Vonnegut

#12 Ned38

Ned38

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:51 PM

Anyone wanna start a relocation thread? Might prove to be real important in the near future

#13 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:00 PM

I suspect that even "muslim" countries would qualify. Indonesia was a very welcoming place when I visited it... there was the feeling that one could knock on any stranger's door and immediately be offered a banana leaf full of rice and a friendly bunch with whom to eat it.

Having been to the four corners of the planet Thailand ranks number 1 by a wide margin. One of the only third world countries left where crime is minimal, weather is gorgeous, food outstanding, very inexpensive, and the people who are for the most part Buddhist, {love that religion}, are warm, friendly, passive, HONEST and generous. Family values are amongst the strongest I have seen anywhere.
Tourism is gnawing away at its innocence but still there remains opportunity for those that take the time to seek it. May very well end up there for retirement that may be coming sooner then I wish!
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#14 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:06 PM

Any registered board member can start a relocation thread on LOB.

#15 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:11 PM

I suspect that even "muslim" countries would qualify.  Indonesia was a very welcoming place when I visited it... there was the feeling that one could knock on any stranger's door and immediately be offered a banana leaf full of rice and a friendly bunch with whom to eat it.

I found the same in Malaysia ... peaceful, friendly, good infrastructure, English widely spoken.

Preferably you want to live in place that maintains a healthy skepticism of the U.S.

The lifestyle is great in Europe. But Europe, via the NATO alliance and allowing a continuing U.S. military occupation long after the justification was gone, has compromised its sovereignty. They would do better to shoulder the full costs of regional security and eject the Americans, in my view.

- our jickiss

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart