Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Frieday September 17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
216 replies to this topic

#61 lineup32

lineup32

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

Well if comments on the markets are allowed :o :P :D ,

INTC getting pounded this AM B)

#62 orvack

orvack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:06 AM

Orvack- Strike What???

There you go Brian.

Putin preparing anti-terror strikes
Associated Press
September 17, 2004 RUSS0918

MOSCOW -- President Vladimir Putin said Friday that Russia was preparing to take preventive action against terrorists, the Interfax news agency reported.

Putin said that ``now in Russia, we are seriously preparing to act preventively against terrorists,'' Interfax reported.

Lower-level officials including Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov have threatened pre-emptive strikes against terrorists abroad, and it was not immediately clear whether Putin was referring to actions only at home or abroad, too.

http://www.startribu...76/4986100.html

#63 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

Amateur Hour is over we are about to see the trend accelerate! ;)

#64 BumRush

BumRush

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

Yobob...

Decaf.

I loved your rant...and you're not going anywhere!

I share your outrage.

Without caffine and nicotine my blood pressure would be zero. :lol:

And you're right I'm not going anywhere, but I may become less reluctant to bitch slap people until they wake up and smell the coffee, which for most, unfortunately, will be never.

Yesterday I had a repairman show up to do some fiberglass work on a unit. he pulled his truck near the unit and then opened the door and had Rush blaring at a level that almost broke windows. I calmly walked up and told him not to be disturbed by the loud bang he was about to hear. I was just going to turn down his radio with my pistol.

No one wants to accept personal responsibilty anymore. The minute something goes wrong, it's "what is the government going to do about it." , not "what do I have to do to straighten this out." It's like people living in Florida and repeatedly getting mowed down by hurricanes or similarly people living in flood plains and repeatedly getting flooded out. Hey dummy, either accept the risk on your own or don't live there! Don't ask me to bail you out through tax dollars and ever increasing insurance premiums that don't have a damn thing to do with where I live.

We have over emphasised "education", which really in most cases doesn't foster independent thought, but primarily reinforces the status quo. Go to school get your little piece of paper confirming you are one of the consensus. People who simply work for a living like a plumber or a mechanic are demeaned as being inferior because they didn't get an education. Bull shit. They have a far better education based in reality as opposed to theory.

Great comments Doc, Yobob and all... privilege to be here

There is indeed an overemphasis on education in the US, but this is partly because we are playing musical chairs with jobs: the only ones lucky enough to get a seat when the music stops are those w/credentials. I am not anti-union but this has also been the case in getting licenses, etc. As far as the students in college now, there is a mix of the young MTV-types there to have fun and figure out how to further their upscale aspirations (they are not about to think critically about anything); the shell-shocked middle-agers who are retraining as health care workers having lost engineering jobs, and young adults too busy trying to juggle two kids, a full-time job and classes to pay attention to much beyond this. Can't consider higher ed as the place to learn to think!
A business like anything else now. This is why the loss of an open media (and accurate scientific data) is so harmful.

#65 twignberries

twignberries

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

Orvack- Strike What???

There you go Brian.

Putin preparing anti-terror strikes
Associated Press
September 17, 2004 RUSS0918

MOSCOW -- President Vladimir Putin said Friday that Russia was preparing to take preventive action against terrorists, the Interfax news agency reported.

Putin said that ``now in Russia, we are seriously preparing to act preventively against terrorists,'' Interfax reported.

Lower-level officials including Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov have threatened pre-emptive strikes against terrorists abroad, and it was not immediately clear whether Putin was referring to actions only at home or abroad, too.

http://www.startribu...76/4986100.html

[/COLOR]

And the sickness spreads. It is a matter of time before India makes a "preventative stike" against Pakistan or vice versa. Followed by retaliatory "preventative stikes". It's all coming down around us folks - it looks hopeless.
When the last living thing has died on account of us, how poetical it would be if Earth could say, in a voice floating up perhaps from the floor of the Grand Canyon, “It is done.” People did not like it here.

- Kurt Vonnegut

#66 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

There also doesn't seem to be any mention of the side effects of reckless monetary base expansion by the BOJ/MOF and Fed.  Have they ever thought where inflation comes from ??? :blink:

Also no mention of the negative effects on savers forced to accept interest rates on savings below the real rate of inflation.   Well we know this already - the focus is on saving the markets by stealing the hard earned savings of those both in Japan and the US. 

And as to point number 3 above - they already are buying Treasury bond issues to some extent from day one of their issue. :o  It is not an expectation.

Exactly, Doctor HB. Richard Benson amplifies this point in an amazingly frank "emperor has no clothes" essay:

What is becoming crystal clear is that if the United States' bond and stock markets suddenly "re-priced to fair value", the world would witness a crash in stocks, bonds, housing prices and the dollar.

More importantly, while the magnitude of aid - amounting to $1.3 Trillion - given to America's financial markets by foreign central banks has been disclosed, it is not appreciated that these holdings will most likely keep US Treasury rates 3% lower than they would be if the Treasury needed to fund its deficits within the US.

For investors with a long-term view, the price of gold is being subsidized and held well below market. If you like government subsidies, you can get one by buying gold.

Rain Dance for Money

F***in-A I like subsidies, dude. And I'm loadin' up the truck ... ;)

The 3% figure stated is just a guess. Without some country to keep funding the US spending/federal/trade deficit, even small interest rate rises will eventually spin the economy out of control Ravi Batra style - in other words fairly small increases in interest rates will lead to an exponential expansion of the budget deficit, which will lead to further borrowing and greater budget deficits as time goes on.

Maybe they do realize the ball is being held under water, so they won't let go of current policies. Over the last 8 weeks, including a sharp slow down in the week ending Wednesday, foreign central bank purchases of Treasuries has been at a $369 billion annual rate. I suspect it picked up again the last two or three days.

#67 ShitEatingGrinner

ShitEatingGrinner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:14 AM

Yobob, I find that acceptance is the key to all my problems ;)

That said, you are right on, except for the hyperinflation before the deflationary collapse :lol: :P

"The goal is to bring an end to the republic and install one party rule. In my opinion, because they have gained control of the state legislatures and the courts, they control the electoral process. The public is simply too disinterested, too stupid, or too committed to bullying the rest of us still capable of independent thought, that the battle is lost.

Eventually, as the system continues to decay and the foundation of lies disintegrates, it will collapse into disorder and disarray. Between now and then lies a long and painful decline. It behooves any thinking American to plan for the future accordingly."

Sad to read, Dr. Stool. You used to be so optimistic about the silent majority being willing to rise up and stop the decline toward facism. Bushitler can really take it out of ya, huh.

Go Bush-Cheneny. Let's drop the illusions and platitudes disguising our so-called "republic" so that all the world can see the naked emperor :lol:

#68 BumRush

BumRush

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Let me qualify that obviously there are some students who care deeply and seek to learn, and some schools try to maintain a very high standard of formal education, literacy, history,etc. But this type of education is becoming harder to provide for many reasons...

#69 orvack

orvack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Silver slammed good in the last few SECONDS.

Attached Images

• silver_slam.jpg

#70 Brown Suguaro

Brown Suguaro

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:19 AM

Great rant Yobob.

I agree completely.

America is lost. What we need now is a good map to Brian's house.

B.S.

#71 twignberries

twignberries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:21 AM

Butterfield - I replied to your PM - however I got an email stating that the message was sent to your spam box - check for it there.
When the last living thing has died on account of us, how poetical it would be if Earth could say, in a voice floating up perhaps from the floor of the Grand Canyon, “It is done.” People did not like it here.

- Kurt Vonnegut

#72 Dharmaeye

Dharmaeye

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:25 AM

My Kcast gold/silver toolbar quotes not working.
Anyone else?

#73 orvack

orvack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:28 AM

This penny stock looks ready to pop if my reading on cycles is any good. Of course you have to believe in silver..

Canadian Zinc is a Toronto Stock Exchange fully listed Company, whose primary asset is a developing Zinc mine in the Northwest Territories of Canada.  The mine contains some of the highest grades of Silver, Zinc and Lead in the world and was constructed by the Hunt Brothers in 1982, but never operated.  Expenditures on the site to-date are in excess of $100 million and include the construction of a mine and mill, which was never operated, and the definition of a mineral resource sufficient for at least 18 years' continuous operation.

http://www.canadianzinc.com/

Attached Images

• CZN_Sept17.jpg

#74 orvack

orvack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:29 AM

Monthly Cycle on Canadian Zinc (CZN.to)

Attached Images

• CZN_Monthly_Cycle.jpg

#75 The brown one

The brown one

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:30 AM

B4:

I think you referred to this earlier(or yd).SPX macd not looking too healthy beloww the zero line.Stochs look a bit toppy too.

Attached Images

• MWSnap076.jpg

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart