• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clean sweep today:

stocks up

bonds prices up

dollar up

gold down

I don't think the can stop the hurricane...so oil remains the bee in their bonnet.

"Has anyone heard from OPEC? Get Vladimir and Bandaar on the phone!"

The Louisiana Offshore Oil Port, the biggest U.S. crude-oil import terminal, will stop offloading tankers today, said the port's scheduling manager. Royal Dutch/Shell Group, BP Plc, Exxon Mobil Corp. and Kerr-McGee Corp. began evacuating non-essential workers from platforms yesterday. Ivan is forecast to make landfall in Alabama, closer to rigs than previous storms Charley and Frances. Output may still be unaffected.

``There's the potential that Ivan will have a larger impact than recent hurricanes, and imports into the U.S. could be disrupted,'' said Steve Turner, an anal cyst at Commerzbank Securities in London. ``These things can be short-lived depending on how severe the damage turns out to be.''

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...ld0Y&refer=home

And if it stays the path it.s projected to go.  I'm right in its path at Mobile Bay :(

The track of Ivan is starting to resemble that of Hurricane Camille in 1969 -- which is shown in a map about 1/4 the way down in this link:

Hurricane Camille - MS coast - Aug. 1969

A replay of Camille would result in such a storm surge that those oil facilities would be destroyed. What a horrific thought. Can you imagine being a ships' captain in the Gulf trying to decide how the hell to get around this monster? I suppose you'd just hug the coast of Mexico and cross your fingers.

Archived